Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Kind of worried...can anyone relate?

Less than 1 week ago, I had my first fill. Now it feels like there is absolutely no band on at all. Even if I take a big bite, I do not feel the food passing down past the band. I can sit down and have a regular meal without a problem at all. I was given a 4cc fill in a size 9 band. I just do not know what is wrong with me. I am so depressed because I have stopped losing weight. I have only lost about 10-15 pounds since surgery way back in October. I am so frustrated with myself that I allow myself to overeat, but it is a problem that I have had my entire life and the reason why I had the band put on in the first place. Has this feeling happened to anyone else out there? Any responses are greatly appreciated. Thanks!

most people don't feel restriction with their first fill...From reading what others have said on here it could take two or three fills to get you some restriction. Remember we are all different...call for another fill..lt could take a while to get in. Good luck to you and keep plugging away

When I had my first fill I had some restriction that lasted about 2 weeks. I had my second fill on Nov. 14 and have more restriction. Can really tell the difference. I agree with LisaMarie, everyone is different you have to find what fits and is best for you. But I would definately call and schedule another fill, esp with Thanksgiving next week you don't want to eat to much and stretch your band. Best of Luck:smile:

I just don't get why I do not feel the band at all. After your first fill were you able to eat a lot of food without restriction? It just seems to go down without any problems. I wonder if my band has slipped. I have called the doctor and now I am just waiting for a call back. Ughhh, this is so scary not knowing what is going on.

Yes, I can relate to what you are going through. I had my first fill on 11-11, but my surgery was on 8-21... I had to wait because of a full incision... I don't feel any different than I did before it... But what I have learned is that the restriction we feel after surgery is in part due to swelling and as we heal that swelling goes down and the restriction fades. Now that the band is truely ready to work it will take some fine tuning to get to the place that really works well. I try very hard not to overeat even though I know I could... I'm proud to say that I handled the "Trough" (what my husband calls the Golden Corral Buffet) the other day... It is amazing how refreshing it is to leave there feeling fine and not stuffed to the brim... I hope you find restriction soon.. It's good you called your doctor, but chances are good you are fine and just need more "fine tuning".. Best of luck... Julie

Iv had two fills, 1.8 cc each time in a 10 cc band and I can't feel any resistance whatsoever. It's all dieting and will power. I'm walking every day to combat what I'm eating. I scheduled a 3rd fill, but my fill doctor is going so slow, I don't have much faith I will ever feel much resistance.

I think you just have to make up your mind to lose the weight and either exercise every day or really watch what you eat if your band isn't helping.

Most people say ON AVERAGE it takes 3 fills to get to restriction. Some tell me they took 5 or even 7 fills to get there. If you have only had one fill its pretty common to not feel any restriction. Go read some threads on how many fills it took others and you will feel normal. I should have had a 3rd fill but cancelled and now wish I hadnt, so going in the sat after next.

Edited by flowers

ok, this makes me feel better. i thought that i was a freak or something. was kind of scary just not knwoing what the heck was going on. ughhhh, slow and steady wins the race, I guess.

thanks

I just got my first fill last week. 4.5 cc's in my 10 cc band. I did feel restriction for about 5 days (which my doctor said would happen). Now I don't feel that as much (because the swelling has gone down is the way he explained it). He said everyone is different but it normally takes about 3 fills to really tell the difference. I will have another fill next week. Right before Turkey day... thank goodness! I need all the help I can get!icon12.gif