Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What's everyone eating on Thanksgiving?

I don't get my first fill until early Dec. either but I'll pretty much be sticking to turkey and gravy. :tongue2:

I've thought about trying to go somewhere else that can do my fill sooner actually. The past two nights have been pretty rough, I can't imagine what Thanksgiving's going to be like! :lol:

I get my first fill on 11/19 so we'll just have to see how it goes.

I have been able to eat almost everything so far as long as it is not too dry.

If I can I am hoping to have a tsp of everything maybe a little more turkey.

If not I'll just have a shake!

I keep trying to remind myself to focus on people not food but that is hard as Thanksgiving has been about the food.

I like to tweek Suze Ormans saying People First then Food.

That's my new moto for Thanksgiving!:tongue2:

I am planning on some turkey with gravy to help it slide down and some noodles with mashed potatos. Probably right at 1/2 cup. I havent had my first fill yet, but that is due the Monday after Thanksgiving. I do have some restriction, just from band. So hopefully all will go well. Happy Turkey Day all!!!!

I'll be just at 4 weeks post op... so we'll see. We'll be at DH's family's gathering (about 50 people)....I'm planning on trying turkey with gravy, a little stuffing (unless it's stove-top: I can skip that, was raised on homemade dressing). I'm going to have some mashed potatoes, hopefully a little bit of sweet potato caserrole (my favorite), and I want to try some mac n cheese (but I'm scared of noodles!) so I might forego that and eat a deviled egg and veggies... I'm planning on putting a little bit of various foods on my plate and seeing how well I do. My first fill isn't til Dec 10th.

I'll stick to primarily Protein and produce. Iamy stick to tyhe dark meat since it is moister, and I may not need gravy with it. I'll probably make some butternut squash, not sure what other veg I will make. With a little stuffing, maybe a quarter cup max. I don't think rolls and potatoes are worth it. Maybe I'll do the mashed cauliflower.

Partly it depends on whether we have friends joining us.

BTW, if you are cooking, I always put lots and lots of chopped veggies in my stuffing. Makes it moist and flavorful, cuts the calories, yummy!

Edited by orea15
added an idea

Based on my mom's menu...I'll shoot for 2-4oz turkey with tiny bit of cranberry sauce...spoonful of dressing then no bread due to that...and 2oz of rutabagos! I have no idea what her dessert plan is, but I will later that day enjoy my sliver of it!!

I'll eat just about everything we are serving, just a whole lot less of it now. I was banded July 2nd of this year and it will be my first Thanksgiving banded. I'm not worried because the band really does it's job and helps me feel full quickly. Happy Thanksgiving to you all....enjoy!

Based on my mom's menu...I'll shoot for 2-4oz turkey with tiny bit of cranberry sauce...spoonful of dressing then no bread due to that...and 2oz of rutabagos! I have no idea what her dessert plan is, but I will later that day enjoy my sliver of it!!

Rutabagas? How does she cook them? Inquiring minds want to know...