Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Available Lap Band Buddy / Mentor Available to be a lap band buddy/mentor

I assumed that my port was empty upon banding. I see my surgeon on the 18th and will ask him. Some people have had fills during surgery. If I PB sometimes now, won't it be worse after my first fill? Maybe I dont need one?

I will tell you that the first week after I had lap band I was so nauseated. Just the thought of food made me nauseated. I contributed that to the hiatal hernia repair I had during surgery though. But in that nauseated process I did find out that there is some residual Fluid in the band that stays in during surgery. They came real close to doing an unfill on me. Also, there are some days my band is tighter than others. Some days I go back to mushies because I know I am not gonna be able to tolerate solid foods. This doesn't happen often but it does happen. I went to a meeting last night and they also talked about sinus drainage really affecting the band. Also, after I have fills I have alot of restriction for a good week or two before it levels out. I look forward to my fills because I lose weight real quick for a couple of weeks before it levels out, The hard part is that I have to start eating real slow and learn what and when I can eat and how much all over again. You will learn that some people can eat everything without a problem while others, like me, have to learn along the way. With all of this being said, I will say if you are PB'ing that often you might want to call your Dr and see if you can move your appointment up. It's not normal or healthy to do this after every meal. You have to have some nutrition.

Hope it all evens out for you. If you have any more problems, feel free to ask..

:tt1::lol::tt1::lol::whistle:

I PB about 2 x per week. Some weeks more.I think it's cause I eat too fast. I am trying to slow down.

Thanks Purky for all the support and info. I guess I am stupid but I cant figure out what PB stands for. I am getting banded on Tuesday the 16th and staying over night, it sounds like it wont be very hard but right now I have been on liquids for 3 days and I go to the YMCA 3 times a week and do Water aerobics and just feel like I am about to give up the most important thing that satisfies me "FOOD" just to have better health. I keep trying to think about my grand-kids and my children and how proud they will be of me when I get smaller "especially my wife" and already know that they are proud of me anyway but knowing that the holidays are upon us and all the great Christmas foods are going to be a no-no for me it makes it hard. I decided to do this 2 weeks ago and get started before the holidays but now I am starting to think "What were you thinking"? I am going to succeed at this because I am determined to but just being patient is not one of my best attributes. Thanks for listening and I look forward to hearing from you. Roy

I was banded Oct 1,08 and have lost 41 lbs. I had my second fill two weeks ago. I was in need of it. I was at a stand still for 6 weeks. I actually gained 5 lbs. I have lost 7 since my fill two weeks ago. I have been having problems with what to eat. I thought I was doing good eating nonfat yogurt for Breakfast staying away from as much carbs as possible and high protien. I thought maybe I should drink protien shakes but when i went for 2nd fill Dr. told me no shakes and no more yogurt. I'm pretty much on meats and vegetables. He told me not to worry about cholesterol and fats right now. What kind of diet and exercise do you follow? I hate exercise but i try to walk and run 3 miles a day. Also, (this sounds gross) do you ever have problems with irregularity? I would love any help you can give me. A little bit bout myself: I am going on 37 and have 2 kids. My husband is a great support but is being deployed to Iraq for 2nd tour in few months and I could sure use a band buddy through my journey. Also, I am from Mississippi. Can't wait to hear back from you!

out 12/23/8 :3 months out my scale in the mornings says 15lbs lose but i exercise 5 to 6 DAYS A WEEK 1&1/2 TO 2 HRS A DAY. WITH VERY LITTLE RESULTS

having a hard time navigating this web lapband discussion

me to having problems losing wt. i have lost inches lbs not showing on scale. onlything i can't eat is bread and rice.but i exercise 2 hrs a day 5 to 6 days a week

Hi,

I read your story and hope mine is the same. I am 44 mother of 3 with 2 grand children. surgery is 5/36/09 i am excited and scared. I would love some help along the way.

thank you

jackie