Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How are the banded Notorious Novembers???

Hi everyone. I'm Kimberly and I was banded on November 20 by Dr. Michael Snyder in Denver, CO. EVERYTHING has been going so great. I honestly had to check to make sure I had surgery when I woke up in recovery to see an incision to believe it because I had no pain. The gas pains of course over the next week but all in all so thankful.

I'm still on soft foods through the week but I'm doing really well. EAting on a schedule seems to really help me stay on track and stave off the hunger. My first fill isn't until January 4th so I just have to keep on doing what I'm doing until then.

So I went in to the Dr. today, just because I thought maybe I could get a little fill. Since I'm already at 10 cc, in a 10 cc band, I wasn't sure. I got .75cc and MAN am I feeing it! Funny thing is, my PA says he was playing around with a band at his desk, and he got 46 ccs in it!!!! Can you imagine?! I don't feel so bad now, thinking I'm already full up. Fluroscope looked great, can really see the resistance now. Maybe this will be the kick in the pants to get the rest of the weight off without going to the gym twice a day five days a week.

So I went in to the Dr. today, just because I thought maybe I could get a little fill. Since I'm already at 10 cc, in a 10 cc band, I wasn't sure. I got .75cc and MAN am I feeing it! Funny thing is, my PA says he was playing around with a band at his desk, and he got 46 ccs in it!!!! Can you imagine?! I don't feel so bad now, thinking I'm already full up. Fluroscope looked great, can really see the resistance now. Maybe this will be the kick in the pants to get the rest of the weight off without going to the gym twice a day five days a week.

I have always heard they hold more than 10cc's , but that's insane!!!! Good luck to you!! I don't know that I will lose any the remainder of this yr. I am hoping just to maintain now that all the goodies are everywhere I look!

Has anyone had their one year endoscopy exam to check out their band? I simply cannot afford it after having $5,000 of unplanned medical expenses this year. I sure hope mine is fine. I haven't had any problems.

Hello Everyone well I was banded Nov 6 08 and it has not been a success :eek: my journey with the lapband is over , my dr has decided to remove and do gastric bypass , I will have this done monday, I am so disappointed that it didnt work on me but I knew the chance of that

I am very happy that many of you have done so well :thumbdown:!

Hello Everyone well I was banded Nov 6 08 and it has not been a success :rolleyes2: my journey with the lapband is over , my dr has decided to remove and do gastric bypass , I will have this done monday, I am so disappointed that it didnt work on me but I knew the chance of that

I am very happy that many of you have done so well :w00t:!

Do you mind sharing what happened? Were there complications? I'm sorry it didn't work out and you have to undergo another surgery, but wish you the best with the GB!

Hello all just checking in. My revision surgery was good and I doing well. I started this whole thing at 280lbs and rockin a size 24 from Lane Bryant. As of today I am down 90 lbs and in a size 12 Old Navy jeans. I would do this all over again if I had to and regret nothing about it, wven with the revision I am VERY happy!!!! The new year will be my start on the second leg of the race to get the final 30 lbs off. Everyone have a GREAT HOLIDAY!!!!!!

What happened? So sorry you have to deal with another surgery but why so soon? You just got your band, why are you getting a GB so fast?

Hello Everyone well I was banded Nov 6 08 and it has not been a success B) my journey with the LAP-BAND® is over , my dr has decided to remove and do gastric bypass , I will have this done monday, I am so disappointed that it didnt work on me but I knew the chance of that

I am very happy that many of you have done so well ;)!

Hi I was banded November 28th 2008 1 year ago I have lost 40 lbs since my band and 10 lbs before surgery. I work out 5 hours a week and I am doing the biggest looser at my gym. I am finding it very slow. I don't want another fill at this time as my meals come up quite a bit, especially if I eat to fast. I am loosing slowly but I keep going in the right direction. Any clues as to how to get it off faster?

kirsty49:eek:B)

Why will GB work better? You still have to watch what you eat and exercise? I wish you the best of luck whatever you decide, to me GB is a big deal, big surgery, big pain, altering your body....but then some would say the same of the band and I have that? How about sending us your food diary....just post a few days of what you ate ... say Sun, Mon and today so far.....I'd love to help if I can. Not that I have golden ideas but Id be happy to try with you.

PS...why dont you share your stats to.

Oh my girls...any of you lived thru a stomach bug with the band yet?!? It's AWFUL! Yes, you cannot throw up anymore with the band, but boy it doesn't stop your body from trying. May be the worst pain I've ever been in. I even took the phenergran and it didn't help a bit.

Kirsty49,

I am in the same situation as you. I was banded Nov 24, 2008 and have lost 55+ now. I don't think I'll be getting another fill, as I too am finding myself "burping up" quite a bit (nobody told me about that), especially if I eat too quickly. Only 10 pounds to go until goal weight is met. It's been quite a journey and I'm sure glad I did it. I ride my bicycle quite a bit, but that's about it for exercise. food choices haven't really changed too much, just a lot less eaten. I encourage others who are on the fence about having this procedure to do it. My family pics from last year, hell, even 7-8 months ago are hilarious! I look and feel so much better now. Anyone else look back at their pre-surgery pics lately and smile?

Steve

How much more do you need to lose? Are you focusing on eating Protein first? Are you limiting carbs? Well, if you are like me you probably are not this month LOL, but I should say normally!!

How much more do you need to lose? Are you focusing on eating Protein first? Are you limiting carbs? Well, if you are like me you probably are not this month LOL, but I should say normally!!

This was for Kirsty49!!