Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone getting banded on 20th Nov. by Dr. Watson?

Hi everyone,

i have been off line for a while, had a few things that have taken over my internet time lol a sleepless baby!!! lol

anyway, all better now.

I have had my appt. with doc Watson and I am having my banding down on the 20th nov. at murdoch:teeth_smile:, just wondering if anyone else out that having same date as me? i need a little help staying motivated :smile2:

Well hope everyone is going well, and that there have not been too many hiccups for you all. talk with you all soon.

xxx :thumbup:

Not the same date, but the same doctor. He's great - bit brusque in bedside manner but very straightforward and highly skilled. Good luck with everything!

hey i had mine done on the 3rd of nov by dr chanda too long to say at murdoch!! so kinda the same time... goodluck its so worth it ive lost 6.5 kilos in 2 weeks but i couldnt do Optifast and even though wasnt a big eater do not feel hungry!! all the best chickadee let me know how u go!:tongue2:

Thanks, wow you have lost heaps of weight already in 2 weeks. I'm a bit naughty, I just can't seem to stick to the Optifast!! I start out good, but by dinner time I am starving, and like you I don't eat a lot either.

Anyway, I am really excited and can't wait. I have been waiting a long time for this. We should keep in contact, to see how we are each going......?

yea its great hey ive lost 11.5 kilos and loving it.... but at the moment i have like plauteued i think thats how u spell it ahahaha but yea uve made a great decision....

I was lucky i couldnt have Optifast so all i had to do was the cohens cos im allergic to Iron so i did cheat a few times but hey i thought stuff it im not gonna have this from now! i had a last dinner with my friends and they named it the feast before the starvation but to be honest i struggled in the last 2 weeks to have anything everyone was worried about me but now im on my mushie stage and its a lot better!!

I don't know how to give email addresses out on here without letting other people know it so if u know how to do so for sure keep in contact always nice to know how 2 people are going! my gf was supposed to do it with me but her private health stuffed up last minute!

all the best and goodluck hey we are all going to feel and look amazing!!!

take care and keep in contact:thumbup:

love leashie

Hi leashie, how are things going? I totally had a stuffed weekend...it just went from bad to worst. ended up having to going to my mother-in-law's birthday at a restaurant where the food choices are very limited!! Anyway ended up breaking the diet yet again.......God I cannot not wait till thursday. hopefully all will go well.

Anyway, hope you are going well.

xx PC

Hey PC....

Im going well went back to work today which wasn't too bad!! coped better thatn i thought I would have!! Not much happened over the weekend went to the swan valley and all that but im on the mushie phase and my mates wanted to go for lunch and worked out if i really chewed wedges well I think I would be ok!! ahahah as u said limited choices lead to limited things!!

Lost another kilo but grrr i want it to be more more more more ahahaha impatience is not good!!

take care and talk to u soon hun!!:rolleyes:

hi leashie

Well i got it done!! and it bloody kills> howcome no one tells you how painfully it is after the op? i have had terrible stomach pain and the gas is just out of this world!!! god i need help

Hey hun....

for the first few days yea u feel hella uncomfortable but its the gas from when they pump ya up with air! but give it a week and it will go! try having some thing pepermint thats normal with laproscopic ops hun!! ive had too many as have gyno probs!!

u will do fine, dont do too much and just relax ok! its just a healing process but then u will feel fine and trust me its gonna be soooo worth it in the end!!!! oh so worth it ur gonna be one hot lady!!!

ive come to a time where im not really budging losing any weight but thats ok cos i know its patience is a virtue and most of all good things come to those who wait! and to us its losing weight so thats worth the wait!! ahahaha sounds silly but funny!! but keep in there babe and u will just do fine! ive done three weeks since my banding and all my mates and patients parents were like woweee ur lookin fine girl! so its worth it remain positive and ull be fine! remember we are in the same boat girly:redface:

Hi Leashie,

Thanks for the inspiration :w00t: I'm actually feeling a little more better than yesterday, although in saying that, I don't have much time to relax as I have a month old who is very active!!!

I've also been lifting him which can't be of any help to me. Anayway going to try not to do any of that today as we are at my mum's place and she will help me with him. Thank heavens for mums' hey?! lol

Well, I have noticed that some of my clothes are a little looser than what they were when I went into hospital. I have to admit that I am little bit confused as to what I can have in food wise. With Dr. Watson he gave us a book and told us to basically follow it, but to also listen to our own bodies as to what we need...........i have tried to eat a little bit of custard, which stayed down and was a bit more filling than the watery broth and jelly I have been having.

Mum also made me some pumpkin and chicken Soup, which was delicious!!! and was a little thicker and which could probably fit up a thick straw lol :thumbup: I felt a lot better after that, before that I was feeling hungry all the time.

Anyway, if you have any ideas as to how you might think that I am going, or if you think that I am going down the wrong track please let me know, as I am a little confused as to what you can and can't have. The clear fluids are just not filling me up and I am having hunger pains!!!

Who was your Dr. that banded you leashie? and when did you have it done?:cursing:

Anyway, have a great day.

Cheers :blush: PC

I have Dr Watson too, so I guess he would have given me the same dietary advice. This is what I ate in the post-op stages:

Days 1 to 3 - Clear liquids

juice and/or diet jelly in the mornings, clear chicken, beef or vegetable broth/consomme for lunch & dinner, more jelly for dessert

Days 4 to 10 - Full liquids

All of the above plus custards, yogurts, various creamed Soups. I also got a lot of chunky style Soups and blended them to get the chunks out. Another fav was banana smoothies made with 0% skim milk and a teaspoon of honey. Skim milk is gross on its own but was fine in the smoothies.

Days 11 to 21 - Mushies:

All of the above plus porridges for Breakfast (all the nummy fruit ones from Uncle Toby's), stewed fruits (eg apples, plums), various chunky style soups, cottage/ricotta cheeses, scrambled eggs & omelettes, tuna mixed with fat free mayo, tuna morney, mashed potatoes, sweet potato, pumpkin and other soft mashed veges.

Days 21 to 28 - Soft foods:

All of the above plus various slow-cooked casseroles, bolognaise sauce, steamed veges, basically any "wet" dish".

Day 29+ - Normal food!

Hey hun....

I had my banding done through dr chandaratna in murdoch! He did my appendix and was really good so I trusted him!

I have a total different eating plan compared to you guys that I was given by my dietician..

Basically for the first two weeks were thin liquids like i was told anything through a straw but to be honest i wasnt hungry and all i had was juice and drinking yoghurt I had some Soup made but found it was too thick and hurt like hell!!

Then moved onto mushies but I wasnt really feeling it so basically had drinking yoghurt, normal yoghurt, custard and scrambled eggs!! was two weeks after that now tryin new foods like soft stuff but finding its really been hard and a bit painful to be honest but i go see the dr on thurs and see how im going! havent really lost any weight for the last 2 weeks which is normal apparently until I have my fill it will be solved!!

ur doin the right things just go wot they do and try to keep to thin stuff for a while otherwise u can move the band!!!

its wicked though we all will loook hot asss soonies!!