Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hello from Louisville KY

Hi. New to the site. Just had my initial consultation with surgeon - Dr. Bryce Schuster - on Fri., Oct. 24. Hoping my surgery will be no later than 2nd week in Dec. My insurance plan - Humana - will change in Jan. '09 and I will have less coverage.

Nervous, giddy, excited, anxious and frightened about the surgery. NEVER had any surgery or been hospitalized for anything.:mellow:

Will be having my surgery at St. Mary & Eliz. Hosp. My Momma has been a nurse there for 32 years, so I kinda grew up with the staff and know they'll take care of me.:tongue:

Looking forward to using this as part of my healing process...mentally and physically.

Welcome to LapbandTalk! How many of the pre-op hoops have you jumped through so far?

I've done the seminar and my initial surgeon's visit. The office called today to discuss my pre-op testing and psychological eval. appointment, but I missed the call, so....I have to wait for them to call me back. That phone system is hell on earth at their office.

At my surgeon's office you have to listen to this LONG message before you can leave a message. At least most of the time, they do call you back.

Had a BUSY day today! Got a call from surgeon's office: my pcp letter of medical necessity is complete, they have my medical records documenting my other weight loss attempts, my letter of medical necessity from surgeon is complete, I meet with dietician next week and get psychological eval in three weeks. Soo excited!!! After that I'll be closer to my date!!

I don't get care if I'm on the table at 11:59pm on 12/31, I 'm ready to have this surgery before 2009.

:)

I too am going throug the St. Mary's program. I have had my initial doctor's visit but have to do a 3 month diet for my insurance (which isn't up until Dec). You'll really like the dietician she is really nice.

Had my dietician appointment. What a GREAT gal!! Have my psych eval. on Nov. 14. After that...the waiting game! I'm a state employee, so my insurance is under negotiations for '09, so I have to get this done in '08. Sooo excited!!!

Hi!

I just had my surgery at St. Mary's with Dr. Lusco. If you have trouble getting through by phone to the office, definitely email them. MUCH quicker response!

You really should try to make the support group meetings (1st Monday of the month if it's not a holiday). You can go even if you aren't banded yet and family members can come if they want. I went this month and really enjoyed it.

Yes, you will LOVE the dietician! Her name is Jessica and she seems quite devoted to helping us.

Let us know how things go or if you have any questions!

~~anne

Had my mental health eval. on Nov. 14. Had it with Dr. Mary Hargadon. Went okay. I felt like she was trying to push anti-depressant meds, whick I have no use for. Weird...??:laugh:

Got a verbal approval on Nov. 20!! Just waiting for my approval letter.:blink:

I'm trying to prepare myself because I know things are going to happen FAST! Got a Magic Bullet for my 35th bithday on Nov. 7. Been stocking up on Boost Glucose Control..which I already drink now. Been practicing chewing well, drinking lots of Water, which I do now, and trying not to drink while I eat...SO HARD!!!:laugh:

Yippee!!

Received approval letter 11/26

Pre-op testing 12/12

2nd surgeon visit 12/19

surgery 8:30 on 12/23:thumbs_up::grouphug::thumbs_up::thumbs_up::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::grouphug::shades_smile::grouphug:

Congrats L8!! I had my psych eval this past Tuesday with Dr. Khodeir which was a total joke I wasn't in his office 5 min (literally). I wish I got more for my co-pay

I had my surgery on 7/9 with Dr. Lusco. I absolutely love the man! I have not met anyone involved in the program that hasn't been wonderful. I wish I could have used the 6 week exercise program more.

Best of Luck - you are giving yourself a wonderful Christmas present!