Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi. I am 4 weeks out, and my calorie intake ranges from bout 900-1300 calories a day. I noticed that when I kept my calorie intake really low, my weight would not move. When I started changing it from day to day, the scale finally moved. That may just be coincidence.

I met with my dr today and I am in the second week after surgery and they told me 900 calories. I came home and lined up all the food that would equal 900 calories and 60 Protein and it was something like.

4 medicine cups (whatever food or Soup would go there), one v8 juice, 1 Protein Shake, 4 sugar free puddings. I thought it was quite a lot. Today I learned that protein is the biggest thing and to focus on getting that first. Good luck

Hello

Im an aussie and banded 13 mths

when i was first banded and recovered i put myself on 1,500 cals per day for the first 2 mths

then after my first fill i went down to 1200 cals per day

then after I had lost quite a bit I dropped it down to 900-1,000 cals per day and thats what i am doing now we need at least that much to remain healthy, have enough energy for all daily tasks and for good loss of weight

and like most I do try to have Protein first though I feely admit to my love of a potatoe most evenings with my dinner but its usually very small about the size of an egg

wishing everyone heaps of luck on their journies

Leeanne:thumbup:

I was banded on 10/13 and my dietician wants me on 1,000 calories per day. I am currently on full liquids and started mushies yesterday (10/24) such as Eggbeaters and cottage cheese. Will add a new mushie each day.

I have not counted how many calories I take in. Maybe I should. I feel like it's taking me forever to loss weight. Banded Aug 5th and first fill Oct 3rd. Only down 19 lbs and I feel like I am eating good. But maybe I am not.

a yr out and i avg 1100-1200 calories per day.

for the first 4-5 months my calories were between 800-1000 pday - didn't work well for me, as i lost very slow keeping my calories that low.

I was banded on 10/10

First 2 days post op i was struggling to get in 200 cals then the next few days pushing about 500. I lost about 8 lbs the first week then nothing the 2nd week even though my cals were so low. I believe it is a gradual increase to about 900 after @ 1month. I was concerned about too little calories and the chance of messing up my metabolism with so little but I think the "under 500 cal days" are just temporary and with a gradual increase I hope to see the scale going down again.

Yesterday, my first full day of mushies I ate about 500 calories and was pretty full, but I'm sure when I can work out more I will need more to sustain me. Good to know what works for the rest of you!

I am a little over 3 months out and I eat 1000-1400 calories per day. At this amount I am never hungry and am still losing 2 lbs per week. This is absolutely the exact thing I was hoping for. I love my band!!!!

my calorie intake is 800 and below depending on the day. it is usually around 600 cals a day.

Thank you for posting that question because I have been wondering the same thing. My surgery was on 9/10 and I lost 13 pounds by 10/17 but have now gained 3 back. The dietitian told us not to count calories yet but if I followed their instructions and had only 3 Optifast HP per day (to begin) that was only 600 calories and I got headaches and hypoglycemia so I have since raised the calories to 1000-1200. I was still loosing at 1000 but I had a couple of days last week when I was so hungry I ate so many calories I stopped counting-thus the weight gain. I really need a little more direction even though I know I should be able to figure it out with the information I have. I had to cancel my first appointment for a fill and couldn't get another one until Nov. 4 so I am concerned that I am going to be hungry until then.

I feel like a piggie now, lol.

I eat about 1800 to 2000 calories a day.

Before when I was losing, it was about 1500 the whole way through. I never needed to drop below that.

I run a lot though.