Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How's the pre-op going?

Well just wondering how those of you who have started their pre-op are doing? I don't "officially" start until Monday but, I did try it today and whoah boy was it hard! I think my biggest problem is drinking plenty of Water. I'm not an extremely busy person but I am VERY forgetful and I plain forget to drink. My pre-op diet is not as strict as some I have to have 4 servings of Protein Drink 2 w/ milk, 2 w/out. The ones not mixed with milk are TOTALLY disgusting I have to choke it down! I''m also allowed low carb yogurt, SF Jello, SF pudding, unsweetened applesauce, Tomato juice, certain raw veggies, and cream of wheat. I can't do tomato juice or the cream of wheat, I've tried and it's just nasty. I was starving and ended up eating dinner with my kids. It's no biggie as I'm not supposed to officially start until Monday but am worried I won't make it without cheating and I REALLY don't want to cheat but DAMN I was starving most of the day today! So I was wondering how some of you are doing and if you making it through and HOW?!LOL!

I hear you loud and clear! I have been trying to do the liquids and cut way back on calories although I'm not officially suppose to start pre-op till tues the 28th. I have been alittle grouchy and I have to find a way to take in the Water. I have spoken with others and they tell me there is something about the band that will definitely help with some of the hunger and create a sense of fullness. Tammy

The first day was haaaaaard. I had the worst headache all day. Day two wasn't as bad. I woke up today (day three) and hopped on the scale and was down 7lbs, so that made it all worthwhile. I wasn't sure if the two drinks and a lean cuisine a day would be all that effective, but I'm glad that it's working.

I have been on presurgery diet for 2 days now. High protien low carb. Only up to 30 carbs per day. almost everything has carbs. surprising. Well I can have steaks, eggs, and other protiens so that makes it good. I will have 5 days of liquids only right before surgery. I am hoping that with the protien drinks it will be bearable. Hang in there. be strong. You can do it. Keep your eye on the goals you have for being thin and healthy. In the end the sacrifice will be worth it. Together we can

Hip! Hip! Hooray!!

Your pre-op diet sounds very similar to mine. I am using the Unjury Protein and find that it's not that bad. The vanilla flavor is good mixed with crystal lite and some ice in a blender. The chicken flavor tastes like broth and I mix that one with Water too. I love the chocolate one with ice and skim milk in the blender. It's like a chocolate shake. Are you allowed to have diet v-8 splash instead of Tomato juice or v-8? I am, so it may be worth checking into. I cut up a cucumber last night and mixed it with green onion, vinegar, water, and a touch of pepper and salt. It was yummy and reminiscent of my childhood and fresh veggies from the garden. I had a tough time today though. I had a training session with lunch provided. I ate salad with my own fat free spritzer dressing like I'm allowed, and avoided everyone eating desert, (dutch apple pie or carrot cake). I thought I had survived when the person sitting next to me decided to eat her desert during the meeting. That was really tough, especially knowing that there was plenty more sitting about 10 steps away. I've come to the conclusion that I've had way too many pieces of pie in my past and that's why I can't have any more, but it can be tough! Hang in there and try keeping a journal, that has helped me tremendously.

This pre-op diet is the pits. I'm trying very hard to find something that I can tolerate. I'm having a super sensitive taste to sugar right now, the taste seems magnified. I suppose the diarrhea is another side effect of the liver cleanse. The Protein Shakes are not my favorite drink so I'm going to need ideas on how to change the flavors. It's five days till surgery and the start of a new life for me. I'm so excited a little anxious but nothing I can't handle.

We will do this. November Banders Thanks for the ideas for adding flavor to the protien shakes. I can have diet splash. That is a great idea to make the shakes better. I start the liquid phase tomorrow. Then surgery next Tuesday, November 4. I am doing fine about it. I am willing to give up the things that contributed to the process of bad health and obesity. I am sure looking forward to a free life as I travel the journey of thinness. I trust things will continue to go well for you and all the soon to be banded November Banders. Keep doing the right thing long enough and the good things will happen.

Hip! Hip! Hooray!

I got on the scale this morning and I've lost 5 lbs!! I think I have been doing good even though I did eat a tiny can of plain tuna. I have been doing my best with this diet, a lot better than any other diet I've been on. I have however been totally freaking out that my liver won't shrink properly and I will wake up with no band! I'm driving my husband nuts about it. He keeps telling me to relax and stick to what I'm doing. I guess whatever happens, happens and as long as I do what I'm supposed to that is all I can do. Good luck everyone, I know it's very hard!

Congratulations on the 5lb weightloss! You are on the right track. I have had the same concerns that I was going to wake up and find that my liver had not shrunk enough. I think the worst thing for me with this pre-op as I have said to others is the sweet taste being excellerated in the Protein Drinks. I am more of a food eater instead of sweets and so, this is hard for me. I'm not giving up though. I am so excited to be this far into the process. Tues the 4th is just around the corner for me. Hang in there you will make it just fine. If you are losing then that is what they want you to do. Good luck to you.

Ive only been on my preop diet for 4 days as of today and Im doing ok. My diet isnt bad it is just limited to what you can eat. Last night at the Halloween Fire, it was hard but I did it. Everyone hang in there and we will all be GREAT! Also, I fear waking with no band due to my liver being to large but what ever happens I will deal with it then! GOOD JOB EVERYONE!!

I have been on the pre op diet for 9 days. I have been sticking to the diet (2 shakes w/ protien and vegs for dinner) After the first 4 days I lost 5 lbs. BUT today I'm up 1/2 a lb. How is that possible? I'm so frustrated. Has anyone ever hear of this happening?

I have been on the pre op diet for 9 days. I have been sticking to the diet (2 shakes w/ protien and vegs for dinner) After the first 4 days I lost 5 lbs. BUT today I'm up 1/2 a lb. How is that possible? I'm so frustrated. Has anyone ever hear of this happening?

This happened to me a couple days ago and then the next day I had lost 2 lbs. I wouldn't stress, it happens. I had even technically cheated on my diet with plain tuna and it was a VERY small amount.

I start my preop the 10th...and between the 10th and 17th I HAVE to lose 5 lbs. I am stressing over that. We will see what happens. I'll be on a Protein Shake for Breakfast one for lunch and lean meat and green veggies for dinner.< /p>