Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

It's been five months since being banded and the last month or so I have been experiencing extreme hunger. I have been filled twice and getting kind of embarrassed as I feel my eating is out of control. Is this normal?

Should I continue getting fills or just try to tackle the mental as I am certain most of my hunger is just being down right greedy!!! My weight loss has hit a plateau for about two months and that's getting very discouraging. I don’t know if the increase in hunger is connected to the fact that I don’t feel that I’m doing as well as I should be or what. One good thing is that I am exercising more trying to compensate for the hunger so we’ll see. Just getting very sad with all of this…like I’m failing. ;)

Cris, Please know that I have not yet been banded but I have read a lot here and I attended the seminar 2 days ago. The surgeon giving the seminar said the avg. number of fills is 5 in the 1st year. You're 5 mon. out and have had only 2. Could you simply need another fill? Hopefully, it is as simple as that!

I know how discouraged you feel. I was there! You need a fill. I was banded one month after you . I had hit a plateau for a few weeks also. I was hungry all the time and just felt as if it wasn't working. I went in for a fill on 10/20 and now have 6.5cc in a 10cc band. I finally have good restriction! The hunger has stopped and I am down 4 1/2 lbs this week already. It's amazing the difference in my hunger just from adding 1.5cc! Call you doctor and get in there. You'll be happy with the results!

Thank you all so much. I will call on Monday and get a fill. Don't know why I'm so darn embarrased about it!!!!!!

dont be hesitant to go and get another fill

it can take quite a few before your hunger diminishes

until then its sheer will power and even once you have good restriction you still need the will power to not munch on stuff...not from hunger but for head hunger

good luck

Leeanne

I hit a plateau at 41lbs also. I would definately be considered a slow loser considering it has taken me over 2yrs to lose about 100lbs. Just remember this is not about speed, it is about learning and figuring out why we got ourselves into this position. It is a long journey. Just make sure you get there through exercise and correct food choices and not just by not eating. Don't get discouraged. And remember being hungry is fine. Rate it on a scale of 1-10. If your at a 7 or higher(not head hunger, real hunger) maybe you need another fill. Good Luck.

Hey Cris! This is exactly why I began looking through the forums! I was banded in May 2008 and over the past few weeks I have been starving and have hit a plateau. I have been really strict on myself with my diet and have even began running during the past 2 weeks.

I've only had two fills. I moved to south of Houston a week after my second fill and had to wait to get in to the new doctor. So I'm sure I really need a fill. But I have also been told to consider that because of the exercising I might actaully need to eat more calories (can you imagine that?).

I'm sure what we're experiencing has more than one cause. You definitely should take some of the advice about getting that fill:smile2:

weight.png