Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

This may be vain, but I've got to ask...

Now that I'm close to 50 pounds lost (I need to update my ticker), I' worried at 43 that as I get cloer to my goal I will look older. I know i shouldn't feel this way. I'm 43 an most people guess between 35-37. I'm getting a few more wrinkles around my eyes...so I think I'm just freaking.

has anyone tried Botox? Did you like the results> How expensive was it? How often did you have to do it?

I have seen different people lose a big amount of weight and it just aged the alot. Maybe they were too skinny?...I don't know...just my paranoia I guess.

I feel your pain. I have always been told I look much younger than my almost 56 years. I have wrinkles now that used to be filled up with fat.

I have never tried botox, but if I had the money, I would get a face lift.

I do look older and I dont.

I have really deep hollows under my eyes, that's weight loss for you, I always had deep set eyes and now my face is a bit skeletal. But I'm not thin enough on the bottom half, lol. I have the very beginnings of a turkey neck too.

But on the other hand,I dont look like some frumpy grandma now either. I have a youthful shape and tone thanks to all my running, I can wear funky clothes - not mutton dressed as lamb, but shaped, stylish and appropriate for my 41 years, I dont have to hide behind long curtains of hair. I can wear a bikini! So a few lines and shadows round the eyes dont bother me.

I dont think botox would help my face much. Its not wrinkles, its the deep eyes that age me, and I have quite deep nasolabial lines too. That's more a job fillers. Until they find something that I pay for ONCE that lasts forever, I wont be going down that track, its too expensive.

I find a good spray tan which I maintain at all times is my best friend. It hides uneven skin tone, gives you a glow and makes you look healthy, I dont mind looking my age if I look nice! I hate the look of a face full of make up and I'm not fond of that nipped, tucked and botoxed look either. I reckon its WAY better to make the most of what you are, really, who cares if someone knows you're 43 if they think you're a great, fun, attractive person?

I've also been getting a bit freaked out about this. After all the weight loss I'm starting to get a bit of wrinkles and sagging in my face. I've always looked younger than I am and I don't want to work so hard to lose weight and end up looking horrible. I'm sure it won't get too bad but just feeling jumpy about it.

I have never done this but I completely understand your reasoning behind it. I have start noticing those same little wrinkles but that is the least of my problems with all of the major loose skin problems I am facing now. If you decide to do it, post about your experience, I would love to know how it works for that.

Or maybe its just our age?? I noticed I was getting wrinkles on my face & forehead about 3 years ago. (I'm 44 now.) But, I no longer have my double chin!! I've always been blessed with good skin, though. Thanks Mom & Dad! And have been told I look younger than my age.

I'm sure weight loss comes into play with the wrinkles, but also consider our ages. I also feel better/younger because I'm in better shape and more active now. And I think by feeling younger & better, you project those feelings as well.

Never done botox or anything, so I can't help you there.

Sorry, I just got this message, but it's a few weeks late unfortunately!

I actually had looked into Botox on my stupid crease in the middle of my forehead (I always had it though) even before the weightloss.

But, I called about 10 different places and they were between $200 and $350 per section. So for instance, if you had that little crease in the middle of your forehead, that would be a section.

At the last minute I chickened out though and didn't go through with it. lol.

I asked my hairdresser about it, she does it, and it is around $600, painful, but has lasted since April for her and so worth it according to her.

I think that my face is looking a little older (but then again, I'm in my 50s not my 20s). However, with the weightloss I am feeling better about myself, and (according to friends/coworkers) I am carrying myself better and dressing better and that makes me seem younger.

So like Jachut, Im both older and younger!

As for botox - nope, haven't considered it; could use it; won't do it.