Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

College Students Report Here!

Guest BikiniBeachy

I am going to Minnesota State University - Moorhead and I'm majoring in Graphic Communications with a double/triple emphasis(Digital Design and Production, Multimedia, 3D Graphics). I took 3 months off work(bad weather), because I'm a pizza delievery driver...Pizza Hut...bad temptation, GREAT money.

Hi all,

I am a first year geology student at the University of Liverpool in England.

I live in catered halls of residence, so I find it difficult to chose healthy food sometimes. In the mornings I stick to Cereal and in the evenings I just have a small portion, I avoid too many carbs and I don't have dessert.

When it comes to lunch I have to sort out myself- which makes it much easier in some ways! I usually buy a 300 cal salad- with lettuce, tomatos, grilled chicken and coleslaw. If I'm eating at home I have Soup, a pita bread and some tzatziki. At the moment I'm spending alot of time in the library and mid morning I find myself incredibly hungry- I have to make sure I have a healthy snack in my bad or its impossible to concentrate let alone resist the vending machines.

sounds delich, I look forward to crafting my diets haha.

Im a 5th year senior (after many major changes) but now I've decided on a major; Integrative Studies with a minor in psyc and a minor in gen business (2 of my previous majors lol). I want to be a Pharmacist so after I graduate (may 2010) I will go back to undergrad and take a few science classes while waiting on admission to Pharmacy school.

I have not been banded yet, my date is 07-23-09 and I am very nervous. My mom is sort of like a previous poster's mom...she thinks if I have the will power to stick with college after all I've been through, then she figures I can drop 100lbs. For me its not that easy, I can lose the weight but I always gain it back because I overeat.

Anyway I look forward to meeting more people my age getting the band. This has been a long process (2yrs) and Im ready to start!

Hey everyone. just wanted to introduce myself. I'm 26 amd in Nursing school as well :rolleyes: no children and was banded 8-11-08 down 75 lbs since. i'm loosing on the slow side but very happy with my results.

As far as being a college student and the band it can be tricky. You just have to plan you meals ahead. bring a baggy with some almonds, or 1/2 a pb sandwich. i just reccomend you bring food with you. Often when you go out to eat on campus or at a restaurant its such a waste of money. like i might go to Wendy's and get a baked potatoe but just eat 1/2 or less. Now as far as another college favorite ... drinking, i have no problem nor do i feel i get drunk any faster. Also people will start to notice your weightloss at the end of each semster of the class your in. so be ready to to tell them a reason. Not that you really have to tell them anything at all i guess, just be ready for the question. oh and try and bring Water with you to school.

Edited by zukagirl22

Hey Everyone!

I think this thread is great!

I am a single, child-less, california girl but I go fulltime to West Virginia University where I am a junior in the Nursing program.

I got my surgery in July 08 in CA then went back to school 2 weeks later! My surgeon is in CA so when I am home on holiday break I get fills. it has taken me 10 monthes to get three fills but now i think i am at a good spot and am FINALLY losing like i should.

I had my third fill on May 19th and have since lost 22lbs! Thats 39lbs all together which doesn't seem like a lot but i can see SUCH a difference in myself!

Sorry, i didnt mean to write an essay! It is just nice to have some college students who ACTUALLY get why I dont want to pig out at taco bell every other day!

Has anyone had any trouble trying to fit working out into their schedules? I know....who has time to work out in between class, homework, and naps!! But seriously, I never have any motivation (especially in the winter) to go work out and we have a free gym and all but how do i get myself there!!

-Lindsey

yeah I really agree with you skinnylinds..maybe my fills are the problem..because I've only had two since my surgery..and I don't think its been very tight...enough..I mean, I have only lost a whopping 5lbs in a year! I had the motivation to work out..but, I attend UIUC in Champaign..I'm currently a Women's Studies student trying to get into a nursing program...However, my motivation is hard..but, a professor told me that taking a novel (trashy novel..haha..or something you would like to read in your spare time) to the gym would be great because you are motivated to read that book because you want to know what's going on...if it is good...so, I think once I jump back on the "band' wagon...this is what I will be doing as a motivation to get me to the gym..my gyms are free as well...do you have a list of nursing schools that accept non-nursing degree students? I want to eventually go into nursing..I will hopefully be applying to Rush university's nursing program in the summer of 2010...so, wish me luck...please..how's the nursing going for u thus far?

Just wanted to say hi. I am 21 and a senior at Concord University in WV. Majoring in Grapahic Design and Studio art. I am also soon to be banded!

Hi all!!

I just got banded yesterday and am a full time resident student at a small private university.

Credits wise I think I am like one short of being a senior, but I am planning on graduating this may!

I am highly involved in school and move back in a couple weeks! I am not planning on telling people about the surgery... soo I hope all goes well :biggrin:.

I'm a criminal justice major at a satellite school. It's tiny, and the campus is in an office building. Classes are from 6-10:30 pm. 2 nights each week is considered full time. We have 5 9-week sessions per year.

I have a hard time finding the right things to eat in class. Everyone brings dinner, but their "dinner" comes from the vending machines. I also start to feel guilty because I can't exercise on nights I have class.

I work full time (days) and live with my fella. No kids though. How do people work fill time, school full time, raise a family, cook healthy meals and still sleep?

I haven't been banded yet, still need to lose about 30 more lbs before surgery.

I wanted to say that all of you guys that have had your surgeries are great inspiration to me!! I am just now starting my pre op stuff and I'm so excited!! I'm from Charlotte, NC and I'm 21. I actually already went through hair school so I've been out of college for a while but still wanted to say hi!!

Hi everyone,

I'm 35 yo. I am married, no kids. I live in a small town outside of New Orleans. I go to a satellite campus of a New Orleans community college. There is no cafeteria, microwave etc. I go to school two days a week and I am there ALL day. Tuesdays I'll be there from 10 Am to 8:30 PM. Thursdays will be 10 AM to 2:45 PM.

I was banded 6/8. This coming semester will be my first back w/the band. Finding healthy, nutrition-packed Snacks that will stand up to the heat of my car (even in the cooler) is going to be frustrating. Consider the fact that I'm a *vegetarian and things get stickier, LOL. I like my fruit cold, my Protein bars NOT-melted and my Water ice-freaking cold, LOL. I'm glad this thread is here!

*Please note I'm a vegetarian for health reasons, not ethical. I am NOT going to lecture anyone for eating meat. Your food choices are you own, as are mine. My hubs is a meat eater, so it doesn't bother me. I sat that because I've met people who find out I'm a vegetarian and they think I'm gonna lecture them for eating a hamburger. NOT my style, LOL.

20 year old college junior at Texas Tech. Got banded on Friday and this school year is going to be insanely busy. I'm definitely going to need to learn some tricks for my busy days and long nights...

20 year old college junior at Texas Tech. Got banded on Friday and this school year is going to be insanely busy. I'm definitely going to need to learn some tricks for my busy days and long nights...

ffashley,

Congrats on being banded and good luck on your journey.

hi everyone! i'm so excited that i found this thread. i am 23 and about to start my 5th year of undergrad. i go to a small state college in southern colorado.

edit:

oops, forgot to add my surgery date. i was banded exactly one week ago, on July 30, 2009.

Edited by amshae
add date

ello!

I'm 19 and a second year undergrad student at University of Maryland College park with pre-professional major in Psychology.

Not banded yet but almost done with the pre-op stuff n just waiting for a *hopefully December* surgery date :)