Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

College Students Report Here!

Guest BikiniBeachy

Hey all,

I'm a junior at the University of Florida majoring in Chemical Engineering. I am getting banded on the 18th but have to get through final exams first while on the liquid diet. On my 8th day and doing pretty well so far.

I got banded on the 18th too! How did your exams go? How did your surgery go?

I'm a college student in Flint, MI. I go full time and work part time at a McDonalds EEK! Luckily I am so sick of the food there it's not tempting, it's more like repulsive. I am also in a sorority and devote all my free time not spent with my boyfriend doing sorority things.

So, I have become best friends with pintos and cheese from Taco Bell. It's only 1/2 cup food and tons of protein.. and only cost me 94 cents!

i am a full time nursing student in norther va i also work part time at a telecommunications company so i am a busy girl! i'm going to be banded on 12/26/08 :tounge_smile: im so excited!

Hey everyone!

Im Angela 22 years old from Massachusetts. Im currently in my last semester of college majoring in criminal justice and minoring in human services. I dont have a surgery date yet but hope to pretty soon. Im also looking for a band buddy!

I'm 21, a junior at Buena Vista University in Iowa. Majoring in Human Services with a minor in Psychology. Im hoping to be a substance abuse counselor for teens. I have no children and I'm hoping for insurance and everything to go through by this summer so i can move home and have my parents and syblings take care of me:rolleyes:. I'm kind of a baby at heart. I just have been reading through post and it sounds like the first week or two is hell. So i think having family around will be good for me and I'm a hardcore student with a low tolerance for pain. I'm out a week if i have the flu! So I'm thinking spending a month at my parents wont hurt. AHH im getting excited just for all the appointments i have coming up.

Howdy girly!

I am a full time college student, no husband, no kids! I life in Texas...but anytime you want to talk just let me know!

Ohhh and I just got banded 10 days ago too! :)

You'll love the results when you step on the scale.

--Kareen, TX

Hey y'all! I'm a full-time college student, no husband (in a LTR though), and no kids. :laugh: I got banded on September 17th and have had pretty good success so far. Right now my degree is just in liberal arts - I'm not entirely sure what I want to do yet. I guess I'll figure it out when I transfer to a university.

I'm a full time student at penn state university and I'm majoring in information science and technology. I'm 28, not married yet and no children yet. I was banded on july 8th.

Hi I'm 21 and I'm finally going back to school full-time tomorrow! I'm a bio major chem minor.

Sweetheart181,

That sounds hard. :wink_smile: Good luck!

HAHAHA everyone says that but honestly I can't imagine doing anything else. I hate english, history, business, and communications. Science is what comes naturally to me so thats what I do. I just hate the know-it-all's that are normally bio majors! hahaha

Hey!

I'm a college sophomore and my major is Political science. This is a rly cool thread to start because I am getting banded on Monday, the 12th, and I am going back to school on the 21st. I too was thinking of what i can eat on the go. And also, I am not planning on telling anyone only my immediate family knows. So how do I hide the fact that i'm not eating?

Hey :tongue2: I'm 23, and going to school in Austin, Texas for my bach. in nursing/masters for nurse practitioner. Since I haven't been banded quite yet, still in the ever ending process >.<, I had to take a semester off. >.< It's KILLING ME! I want to go back so bad but since my doctor/insurance is in Nor. California I'm stuck x.X

Hopefully I'll be getting banded before my next semester right lol? It's driving me nutty thinking about dealing with the beginnings of having the lapband and then having oodles of courses on top of that -.- I hope they give good pain meds lol. I'm hoping, that along with being tinier and easier to schlep myself around campus, that I'll also have more energy. Although I'll probably have to take extra Vitamins to keep that up -.- Yay B Vitamins :blink:

Good to know I'm not the only one that's in college and jumping around like a ferret still. Lol not that there's anything wrong with any other lifestyle, but I sometimes feel like an outsider lol.

Hi all,

I am a first year geology student at the University of Liverpool in England.

I live in catered halls of residence, so I find it difficult to chose healthy food sometimes. In the mornings I stick to Cereal and in the evenings I just have a small portion, I avoid too many carbs and I don't have dessert.

When it comes to lunch I have to sort out myself- which makes it much easier in some ways! I usually buy a 300 cal salad- with lettuce, tomatos, grilled chicken and coleslaw. If I'm eating at home I have Soup, a pita bread and some tzatziki. At the moment I'm spending alot of time in the library and mid morning I find myself incredibly hungry- I have to make sure I have a healthy snack in my bad or its impossible to concentrate let alone resist the vending machines.