Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I just realized, I get my first fill on my 1 month Anniversary, October 23.

And I was upset that I had to wait for my insuance to give authorization.

What a fantastic date! Debbie

Congrats Debbie! That's the day I get my fill too. I am wishing you well on your fill!

I was supposed to get it this week, but it got postponed.

Now it's November 4th. It's gonna be a hard day... way to much going on.

teri

SLIM - I didn't read my email that well, and when I saw it was you the biggest smile came to my face!!!

FATE!!!!

For sure now we will have to compare notes.

Oh I am so glad we are going to do this together. I am overwhelmed right now . I am just so glad, I know it's stupid :biggrin:, but we are having our first fill on the same day. Okay, now I know I am nuts:rolleyes2:, getting so weird over a fill, but it is such a big step.

AND I WAS VERY HUNGRY TODAY - I NEED A FILL!!!!!

Teri, I am so sorry you have to wait for your fill, but you are doing so fantastic. November 4th will be here before you know it. :tongue2:

Debbie

SLIM - I didn't read my email that well, and when I saw it was you the biggest smile came to my face!!!

FATE!!!!

For sure now we will have to compare notes.

Oh I am so glad we are going to do this together. I am overwhelmed right now . I am just so glad, I know it's stupid :crying:, but we are having our first fill on the same day. Okay, now I know I am nuts:rolleyes2:, getting so weird over a fill, but it is such a big step.

AND I WAS VERY HUNGRY TODAY - I NEED A FILL!!!!!

Teri, I am so sorry you have to wait for your fill, but you are doing so fantastic. November 4th will be here before you know it. :Dancing_biggrin:

Debbie

It is a huge deal! I am so excited for all of us on this journey. I keep thinking about the gigantic step that we have all taken to better health.:wub: We will HAVE to compare notes.:party:

I was supposed to get it this week, but it got postponed.

Now it's November 4th. It's gonna be a hard day... way to much going on.

teri

I am so sorry that they moved your fill date out. You are doing so great even without! Just keep hanging on, that fill date will be here before you know it!:Dancing_biggrin:

I'm just really struggling with the whole hunger issues. I get hungry about 2 hours after I eat, sometimes if I'm more careful about extra Protein I can go almost 3 hours before I'm starving.

teri

I'm just really struggling with the whole hunger issues. I get hungry about 2 hours after I eat, sometimes if I'm more careful about extra Protein I can go almost 3 hours before I'm starving.

teri

I truly understand where you are coming from with that. I don't even make it 2 hours. I may make it about 1.5 hours, but even that is pushing it. I try not to eat and just grab something to drink, but that just leaves me floating. I take BP medicine, but I am drinking so much Water that I am starting to retain Water again. I am not sure what to do about that.

You may wanna call your md, or the office about that. They'll give you suggestions.

teri

Hey Debbie - how much weight did you lose between your surgery date on 9/23/08 and this week?

From Surgery - 12 pounds, but that is a month so I guess I am on track. I stalled for almost two weeks, yikes. But I have lost inches galore so I know things are moving. Deb

Thinks are not moving for me I've only lost 8lbs. and I've been at a stand still the last 2 1/2 weeks. Whats your diet & exercise like? I'm really stressed out because i thought I should be losiong more than this and I don't know what I'm doing wrong....can anyone help?

I received my first fill yesterday and I really cannot tell the difference. I have been making an effort to eat less just like I would if I didn’t have the band. I have started working out today because my doctor gave me the ok to do so. I was really focusing on healing and making sure I don’t over do anything. Now it’s on. I have a 10cc band and my doctor put in 3.5ccs and I don’t feel any difference. My next fill will be next month. I will admit, I told the doctor to go light on the fill. He seemed to have wanted to put more in, but I didn’t want him to. I guess I won’t be so reserved on the next fill. I want to feel a difference. He told me that the fill is the whole point, but I didn’t want to have to go back to him because of being too tight. It’s hard for me to take off work so close together, so I I wanted to be on the safe side. I guess I made the my choice and have to work it. It's only a matter of time. :grouphug:

Hey Debbie. I just thought I would stop to say that I went for my fill. It wasn't bad at all. They did my fill under fluro. I have no idea how much they put in. I was not able to look at the needle that the nurse was using so that maybe I could see how much was going in. They made me stand up with the needle in my belly so that I could drink the barium then Water. I was able to get every thing down fine. I am on Clear Liquids until tomorrow. Then full liquids for 1 day, then mushies, and then back to regular food on Sunday if I can tolerate it. I hope that your fill was just as uneventful!

Edited by *slim*