Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

July 2005 band dates????

bumping for July bandsters

ok well the day has finally come and gone and now I AM BANDED!!! I was banded july 26th at St. Mary's Regional Medical Center in Reno, Nv. I guess the surgery went better than expected..it only took an hour for the whole thing. I did wake up from the general anesthia with the dry heaves causing me to have to stay over night. the Upper GI after the surgery was yuckie. I almost heaved all over the poor girl in the Xray dept. (sorry to you who ever you are). they kept me on morphine and phernergan all night . I was forced to get up and walk around the floor at 3 am. I was also on my period when I went in so that made it a real bloody mess. I was home and taking my liquid loritab by 10 am on wednesday. Its been a relaxing couple of days off. I go back to work on monday. lol my boss called me yesterday to make sure of that. I have develpoed some phlebitis at my IV site in my left hand and have since started on Augumentin for that. (no its not normal to have redness swelling and a red streak going up your arm).

I took a shower for the first time yesterday. it was horrible peeling off the bandages..(so i am a chicken..bite me..) I was happy to have washed my hair. There was a support group meeting last night that I attended. most of my fellow bandsters and hopetobebandsters were amazed to see me there. I was proud to stand up and say i was two days post op. We had a local plastic surgeon there as a guest speaker and he looked at my incisons and said that I was already healing fine. (made my day to have a handsome plastic surgeon looking at my bloated gut and saying nice things to me).

Today and the rest of the weekend i plan on yapping on line and walking around the shopping mall with my friends.

Thank you to all of you who have shared with me your plethera of information and your new friendships.

BeautifulTina,

Sounds like you are doing fine. Even better than I did but I am quite a bit older. Glad to hear you are up and about. Don't rush yourself. Be good to yourself and take your time to let your body heal.

Wow, Tina! You are doing great, especially after all your extra problems. Do take it easy this weekend, especially since you are going back to work.

Congratulations and welcome to the July Bandsters!

Colleen

Dr. Spivak

7/20/05

Our anniversary is here, how is everyone doing? I figured this would get to everyone that checked in here and signed up for email notification. ~Mandy

Add me! Add me! I'm a fellow July Banster! I was banded on the 5th July at 9pm here in London, UK.

Those who have already had theirs done, i wish you the best of luck!

Those who are still to have theirs done? Good luck! You will all be fine! We'll be thinking of you!

Liv x

Great idea, Mandy!

Bandiversary will be July 22...61 lbs lost!

Major NSVs: normal blood pressure, normal cholesterol, little to no foot or ankle pain, increased stamina and energy, change in size from 26 to 18.

The other things: I sleep better. I can walk and walk without pain. I can sit in an airplane seat and fasten the seatbelt. I dress better. I have better confidence and am happier. I can dance with my DD.

It's been a great year, and I hope others who read the July '05 bandster progress will see that even if I didn't lose all the weight I had wanted to in this year, it has been well worth it! I am not done yet, either! I expect to reach my goal in this next year.

Hey All July 2005 Bandits....Happy Bandiversery To all of us!!:clap2: I've lost 68lbs, went from size 22 to 14. No more high blood pressure pills (2 daily) no more anti depressants..no more NOTHING except liquid vitamins!!!!Have a new found energy...don't need as much sleep..have more confidence but still need to come out of this damn shell!!!:nervous Anyway I'm relly pysched!!!! and looking foward to my 2nd year weight loss :) ..Cindy

It sounds like everyone has lost about the same weight! :) My band anniversary is on July 14th. I hope to be down a total of 70 lbs. by then!!! Wahoo!! I am thrilled with that. I wear a comfortable size 16 & a tight size 14. I haven't worn that size since I was married 13 years ago. I love shopping again!! My life is so much better!! I love my band!

How's everyone else doing?!?!

Well, I hate to be the buzz kill of the group, but I am not doing well. I had my surgery July 20 and have only lost 40 lbs. and almost all of that was in the first 6 months. I am so disappointed and am dreading school starting (I am a teacher). Everyone knows about my surgery & I am going to show up with no change.

I am going in for my last free fill on my anniversary--hope that helps, altho I know that "head hunger" and a sweet tooth that won't quit are my downfall.

Congratulations to the rest of you!

Colleen

Hey Colleen, 40 lbs is a lot of weight!

Don't waste your time being disappointed...let's try to find a solution to accepting head hunger, but NOT acting on it. We could all benefit from that! LOL!

Seriously, take what you've got, and keep going. Never, never, never quit!

Here's to continued success in your second year! It's not over yet!

Thank you for the encouragement, especially from a fellow Texan!

I do appreciate any help on how to stop sabotaging myself. It seems that the more I try to ignore the "hunger", the worse it gets, and I get into a cycle of giving in to it "just for now" or "this one last time", then into disappointment and putting myself down for giving in, and on and on.

I guess that whatever it is that led me to be overweight in the first place (take your pick of reasons) isn't gone and until I come to some sort of way to cope with that, I will continue to have problems.

It does help to hear that I am not alone in the struggle. Many thanks again.

Colleen