Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Just love food

I HEAR SO MUCH ABOUT OBESE PEOPLE BEING MOSTLY EMOTIONAL EATERS BUT DOES ANYONE ELSE JUST SEEM TO LOVE THE TASTE OF food? I HAD SURGERY ABOUT 5 WEEKS AGO AND FIND MYSELF STILL WANTING JUST TO WOLF DOWN food JUST TO HAVE A MOUTHFUL OF FLAVOR. I THINK I'M JUST OBSESSED WITH FOOD. PLEASE TELL MY I'M NOT THE ONLY ONE WHO IS OBESE BECAUSE OF THE TASTE OF FOOD.

I JUST WONDER WHAT TO DO TO GET OVER THE OBSESSION. HAS ANYONE EVER HAD COUNSELING WITH THE LAP BAND EXPERIENCE? I DON'T EVEN KNOW HOW TO DEAL WITH IT.

ANY SUGGESTIONS OR PERSONAL EXPERIENCES WOULD BE APPRECIATED.:biggrin:

No, I think this is totally normal. You find that you just want to taste things which is natural. The only thing is that we have to learn to eat really slow and chew really well. But you are NOT alone!

I am a foodaholic. I love to cook, eat and wallow around. I do know that I at times I have been an emotional eater. I really don't think that was why I was fat!! I just love food and my fav was ice cream!!

I still love to cook and taste things. I just am thinking about it always cause I dont want the scale to go the other way. I am mostly good but I do have my madness creep in on me in the evening, Thats when I want to taste everything. If I do go a little over board I know its not to the leavel I did pre-banding. Im just really behaved for the next 3 days at least to even my weight out again or even maybe show a 1 pound loss.

I can totally relate to you. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE food. Like you said I love all the flavors in my mouth. I was to the point that I would be full but continue eating just because of the wonderful taste. Also, I would be thinking about food while I was eating. During Breakfast I would be thinking about what to have for dinner and for lunch and snack and as much food as possible.

I still battle with this and it is more of a mental game. I have to stop myself and see my weight loss so far and talk myself into not eating. I have been loosing weight in a steady pace but I have know I need a fill soon because I am starting to eat more and if I let myself I can eat a lot. Just give yourself time, hopefully one day we can both say that food does not control us anymore.

thank you all so much for the replies. i know that we would not need weight loss surgery if we didn't like to eat but i sometimes wonder if i made the right choice. i see that alot of the replies came from ladies that have been successful at this journey so i wanted to ask another question. do you feel like it is your willpower that is helping the weight loss? i still feel like it is a diet 'cause i've had one restriction and feel hungrier now than i did before it.i thought this was supposed to be the end of "diets" that don't work. :smile2:

I am not an emotional eater. I LOVE to cook it's my hobby... I have plenty of friends and a great family so I cook for everyone and yone that I can get to eat it lol. While I am cooking I graze tasting thats where my biggest challenges have been! I can't graze or I have to count those calories.

As of right now for me it is both. I don't have a good restriction so I have to force myself to stop eating or not eat things that are not good for me. From what I have read in other posts is that once you have a good restriction it will be easier to stay on track and loose the weight. When I decided to get the lap band I knew that the band itself was not going to do the job. I knew that I had to change my eating habits and excercise a lot. What I hope that after the next fill I will have good restriction so that I can eat less...but still have to focus on eating the right things for me.

I have a 4cc band wuth 2.8 fill in it so far. I have had 3 fills. I would like a small one again as I can eat more and I stop myself (most of the time) so I can see a loss on the scale. Until weight loss is steady and your stopping with a little bit of food, (ONLY with proper restriction) you will be hungry too soon after eating and your amounts are increasing in what you take in. Unless you excersize. Then the extra calories you are consumming your burning off. Right now I have to use more will power than I would prefer.