Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Protein Supplements????????

Can anyone give me some examples of Protein supplements/shakes/drinks? What are the best to purchase? How do you drink/eat them? The only one that my nutritionist spoke of is Unjury! She didnt really give too many examples of how to mix the protein packs or what to mix them with!

I prefer choc Unjury. I put 1 cup skim milk, 2 tb Peanut Butter, 1 scoop choc unjury, ice and blend in blender. Also check out the thread that has over 200 skake recipes. I have tried the latte one with choc unjury. I think you can sub. there recipe Protein for unjury. If I run out of it I but low carb slim fast choc.

Check out ~~> this thread <~~ for tons of Protein Shake recipes

In addition to Unjury, there are also Protein supplements (shakes) you can find at your local grocery store such as the Atkins brand and EAS brand. They come in packages of 4 cartons for about $7. I often use a carton of one of these when preparing a recipe in the above mentioned thread. My fav is mixing a carton of vanilla w/ 2-3 T Peanut Butter and a packet or 2 of Splenda ... blend with ice and it makes a yummy peanut butter protein shake. :smile2:

Okay,

I think that I have created my first Protein shake recipe, however, if this is ganked this from someone else and I just haven't seen it, I am sorry, but I think this is an original. And I shall name it Fruity Surprise!!!

Here goes:

Fruity Surprise

1 scoop of Vanilla Protein

4 oz. skim or 1% milk (you can use 8 oz because at 4 oz it is a little thick)

1 6oz thingy of vanilla yogurt (I used light fat free Yoplait)

2 individual packets of Splenda

1 packet of Crystal Light fruit Punch (the little ones you put in a bottle of water)

Blend and enjoy. I poured mine over ice and it was yummy!!

san:thumbup:

PS--If you try this recipe and you like it, let me know. If it made you gag....I don't want to know (I am sensitive:crying:)