Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

PIZZA!! I need help....

I am on day 5 of my liquid pre-op diet and someone has delivered 12 boxes of pizza to my office!!! They are on the desk behind me. The smell is intoxicating........:D

I feel like I need a food sponsor, :sad_smile:

I am on day 5 of my LIQUID pre-op diet and someone has delivered 12 boxes of pizza to my office!!! They are on the desk behind me. The smell is intoxicating........:D

I feel like I need a food sponsor, :sad_smile:

Fight the urge!! Eat something that you can have or ask someone to move the pizza away from your desk. Don't fall off of your diet! It is very important that you follow what they say. Just think of it this way everyone that is going to eat that pizza will be fat and you will be skinny!! I hope this helps. Good luck :smile:

I know how you feel lady, I work at an offive where EVERY TUESDAY they have a standing order to have pizza delivered, I wont lie, I cheated 2 times, but this helps.. go and get a HUGE glass of Water, drink it, if your still full, go drink another glass..

Call me if you feel the need to, I will send you a private message with my number.. I know how your feeling, I truely do, and it sucks.. but Im now2 weeks post op and I have already lost 30 pounds with my preop diet and with the post op too. The results are SO WORTH IT!

HEY YOU!!! STAY AWAY FROM THE PIZZA!!! You must remember that this is your turn. You can do this! That's just pizza. You are stronger than that. Don't do it. and if you already have DON'T DO IT AGAIN! You are worth more than a few slices of fat filled carb filled pizza. Take care. Stay strong.

Thanks for the quick replies! I feel better. I moved the pizza to a different desk. Part me just got really sad - I just realized HOW MUCH i am emotionally attached to food. It makes me appreciate my decision to do this more. It's almost scarey in a way, why would someone get do frantic over food. Junk food. I need to write the saying "Eat to survive, not survive to eat" on my forehead.

I feel ya, I get those wake up calls too. The ones that say wow you are really overly attached to food. Yesterday I was driving home and picturing all the different possibilities for lunch in my head. None of those possibilities where real healthy ones. Than I mentally popped myself in the head and said "hey, you need to get a grip and eat healthy food". You know it's funny you say the "eat to live" quote, because when I began preparing my lunch I had to repeat that over and over and then just giggle because I got through it. I just need to keep reminding myself that. OH and GOOD JOB!! Keep up the good work.

I am so with you!!! On my pre-op diet too!!!! Wow I'm so hungry too!!! You can do it. We are in this together. We are doing this to be healthy!!!!! Best luck! Keep us posted. Kelli

Way to go on moving the pizza's. OMG, pizza was my very best friend before surgery. I even debated with my doctor trying to find a way to make pizza OK to eat post band. He kept telling me I wouldn't want it, I didn't believe him. Well, I've had pizza a total of 2 times since my surgery in Jan. I rarely think about it anymore. Very pleasant surprise.

Best of luck to you.

Breathe deep and then walk away. As a self confessed pizzaholic (my idea of eating pizza was to consume an entire 12-15 inch pizza with pepperoni, green peppers, onions, and extra cheese). I would stand in the doorway of the office kitchen and wave the scent toward me (really). I tried the front triangle (about 1/3) of a slice once after surgery and the dough just sat in my chest. Then I got to thinking, what I really crave is the toppings. So I dreamed up a crustless pizza. You can't use it now, but post op when you can have real food, it may help.

Take a microwaveable dish, cover the bottom with pizza sauce (Ragu Homestyle has the least sugar). If you like pepperoni, cover the sauce with Hormel Turkey Pepperoni (70% less fat, and part of the Protein source), then add your favorite toppings. I keep Birdseye Pepper Stir Fry in the freezer. It has 3 colors of peppers and onion chunks and that is all. I cover the pepperoni with the peppers and onions, then top with Kraft Free shredded Mozzarella fat free cheese. Nuke for 2 minutes and enjoy, all the toppings, almost zero fat, none of the bread, and you have cheese and pepperonis as your Protein source. I pack it and bring for lunch at work.

Good luck on your journey, and hang it there. It will be worth it.

Way to go myturn! Those hurdles are so hard but once you get past them, you feel so good about succeeding. I had to endure a catered lunch meeting while on my liquid pre-op diet so I know how you feel but at the end of the day I was proud of myself for resisting.

For those pizza lovers who are past the pre-op/post-op stage and miss having pizza, I make my own version of pizza which is pretty good and band-friendly for me. I buy the whole wheat low carb wrap bread (kinda looks like tortillas, they come in multi-grain,spinach and Tomato too) I put on the sauce, fresh spinach leaves, low-fat cheese, onion and cooked chicken. It makes a thin crust personal size pizza, the crust is very thin and crisps up a bit so is not doughy at all and doesn't get stuck for me. About 1/3 of the pizza fills me up. My hubby likes it that way too, much healthier for both of us too. Not something I have every day but when hubby wants pizza, that is how we do it.

Thanks for the pizza ideas, I'll try them (waaaay post op). I feel good about myself right now. The pizza has been devoured by everyone else. I put on some strong hand lotion - so I can't smell it anymore, lol.

Only two more days to suffer, we get lunch catered every Wed, Thurs, and Fri. I'll live.