Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Waco Band Buddies

hi

i just started my lap band journey and im looking for local buddies to share with. if you are in the waco area please post/share your story:wink_smile:

Edited by daqui26
spelling

Hey there,

I am from Waco. Had my surgery on June 30th. I have lost about 23 lbs so far. I don't find many people from this area even though I know there has to be some out there somewhere. Would love to have some local for support.

I had my surgery in Dallas and trying to get there for a support group meeting, with my schedule, has been hard. It is bad enough taking a 1 1/2 to 2 hr drive for a 5-10 minute visit for a fill.

Please contact me sometime.

Best wishes on your journey,

Stephanie

Hi!

I live in Temple, had my surgery Aug. 05 @ KDH. The nurse just called about getting a support group together on Tuesdays, possibly the end of the month. I'm sure any lab band patients would be welcome. Much closer than Dallas!

Hi gracie99,

please let me know about your support group. that would definitely be closer.

hi ladies

im so happy that someone finally posted here, i knew i could not have been the only waco person on this site. im pre-op and i would love some local support too.

hi ladies

im so happy that someone finally posted here, i knew i could not have been the only waco person on this site. im pre-op and i would love some local support too.

Sorry it is taking me so long to post. For some reason my computer at home won't load the page anymore and I can only get on when I am at work.

You can reach me at smarquezrn@yahoo.com also.

Where are you getting your surgery done? Would love to have some local band buddies to chat with. Please keep in touch.

stephanie

hi

i just got my surgery date, jan 22. im so happy but a little scared. i had surgery before but this is different. i'll be at scott and white in temple.

keep in touch

hi

i just got my surgery date, jan 22. im so happy but a little scared. i had surgery before but this is different. i'll be at scott and white in temple.

keep in touch

congrats on your upcoming surgery. If you need someone to talk to, email me at smarquezrn@yahoo.com. For whatever reason, I am not able to access this site on my home computer and it takes forever to load on the computer at work. Maybe it is due to the popularity of this site. Anyway, it would be nice to have a lapband buddy close to home. Keep in touch.

Stephanie

Hi waco banders

i'm still here if anyone wants to chat!!

Hi waco banders

i'm still here if anyone wants to chat!!

At work at the moment, but I wanted to stop in to say Hello and wish everyone a Happy Holiday season.

My computer at home won't load this webpage for some reason so the only time I can check in is when I am working. You can write me at smarquezrn@yahoo.com if you want.

Anyway, talk to you later.

Stephanie

Hi there , I also had my lapband done @ KDH Dec. 16 th, I live in the Killeen area, would love to chat with local and give support.

Lulu66:wink_smile:

hi lulu

im in the waco area and i am set to be banded on jan 22 at S&W in temple. how is it going so far?

Hi daqui26,

:wink_smile: Happy New Year/new you to you !!

I hope the preop diet is going alright, I know the waiting for surgery is somewhat annoying but it is so worth it !!

I am right now graduated to purred food/ mushies (Yumm), and the band has really become a good buddy of mine.

It was the best desicion I have made for myself and I am glad I did it !! ...

If you like you can pm FKing70821@aol.com

Greetings Bea:wink_smile:

hi bea

when were you banded and how much have you lost? i start on thursday, im not looking forward to it but im going to do it b/c i do not want to have to repeat it.

any insight you can share is appreciated.

Hi daqui26,

I started out before prop diet at 264 lbs, but my highest ever was 287 lbs, have been yoyo dieting for over 17 years, (lost 20 gained 25 back and so on) on the day of surgery I had 255, so far I have lost 6 lbs, but I have not had a fill yet and I am walking every day. I am happy not to have gained any weight even tough the weight loss is slow.

The main thing is that you stick to the rules and the band will do its part.

Greetings :rolleyes2:Lulu66