Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

OK... it's October now, what's happening?

I didn't lose anything at all last week...it was really frustrating. My hunger also returned last week.

On the bright side, I'm scheduled for a fill on Wednesday and I'm down 2 pants sizes (since August).

I've noticed that the head hunger appeared when my weight loss stalled....I think that it's all related to needing a fill. It's nice to be learning those signs so quickly, as I was worried that I wouldn't be able to "hear" the cues and know when it was fill time.

Hi All,

I was banded Sept 4th and I'm feeling great! I'm back on solid foods (yay!) and it's all going pretty well. Nothing stuck yet. (fingers crossed) I have noticed I have my appetite back and I seem to be able to eat normally and don't over eat but I'm still loosing. I get my first fill in a couple of weeks.

Good luck to all.

Hello Fellow Bandsters

I got my band on September 15th and am currently on "mushies". My first fill is scheduled for October 29th. My weight loss has slowed down during the past week so I am hoping to kick it up again after getting the fill. I don't feel like I have any restriction at the moment so it will be interesting to see what effect the fill has.

Y'all rock! It is so good to hear that we are both struggling and suceeding together. I have been very blessed to have no problems. I am now up to fruit and vegetables with soft meats. Next Wednesday I'll add beef and bread. I have gone out to eat and ordered a chicken dish and have eaten half and bring the other half home. I am not counting calories - I just eat less. I have been hungry but fill up quickly and stayed full for hours. I feel better and my clothes - even my one size down ones are getting a bit looser. My face has changed the most - but the boobs are hanging in (literally!) We did the right thing and the journey has just begun. I may sound a bit like Pollyanna but I am excited for us all! God bless you and keep you strong - ready to face your new lives simply being in an average body. Not sticking out and getting those looks any more. Woohoo!

Y'all rock! It is so good to hear that we are both struggling and suceeding together. I have been very blessed to have no problems. I am now up to fruit and vegetables with soft meats. Next Wednesday I'll add beef and bread. I have gone out to eat and ordered a chicken dish and have eaten half and bring the other half home. I am not counting calories - I just eat less. I have been hungry but fill up quickly and stayed full for hours. I feel better and my clothes - even my one size down ones are getting a bit looser. My face has changed the most - but the boobs are hanging in (literally!) We did the right thing and the journey has just begun. I may sound a bit like Pollyanna but I am excited for us all! God bless you and keep you strong - ready to face your new lives simply being in an average body. Not sticking out and getting those looks any more. Woohoo!

You can be Pollyanna if you want. God bless you too!

I was banded on 9/19/08 and like to think that I am doing well. The one thing I know for sure is that there is alot less food going in then just 3 weeks ago. I go for my first fill on 10/16/08 and I am ready for that....I have noticed the last few days it takes more to fill me up when eating. I have not checked my weight since my first post op visit 10 days after surgery and I was down 10 pounds.

The clothes that were tight are now getting a little loss, so I take that as a good sign.

I go back to work Monday, not sure how ready I am to deal with the people in the office. Some seem to think that I could do this on my own. I didn't need the surgery, and these people have known me for 8 years. I have done nothing but gain in those 8yrs.

It was great to read the other post and know that I am not alone in the feelings and stages of my progress.

Thanks to all & best wishes as we move forward!

Best wishes to you too! It does help to come here and see other people in the similar circumstances. It's good that you are not weighing yourself. I drive myself nuts weighing everyday!

I went to my 1 month post op Drs. apt and everything went well. I have lost 15 pounds since surgery!!!! I'm still drinking a Protein Shake in the morning as this is a good source to get my daily Protein in! Other then that I'm on soft foods. My Dr. wants me to experiment with some different foods. He was really happy about my loss so far, and since what I'm eating is keeping me feeling full... he said I don't need a fill yet. I go back to see him in 4 weeks. He also said that I really should be only losing 1 to 2 pounds a week.

I told him I weigh myself all the time! LOL This is my addiction or compulsive behavior.... I really need to stop but I can't ! He said I need to throw the scales out!!! LOL Can't do that yet!!!:thumbup:

Needless to say I'm doing great and hope everyone is too!!!

Teresa

I healed really, really well. Havne't had a fill yet. I gained 2 pounds. But that's mainly because most of my mushies have been carbs. That's my fault. My main issue though it not knowing when to eat. Most days I'm not really hungry so I end up force feeding myself when I've gone 4 to 6 hours without eating. It's a little confusing to do this because I've spent the last 18 months training myself not to eat until I feel hungry.

Also, I don't feel the "restriction". Since I feel full most of the time, I never know when I've hit my full point. I don't know. My communication with my body is totally off and I really don't know what to do. I'll be seeing my Doc tomorrow, a week late because of a severe cold I had. I don't think I'm rehudrated from that either....but all that is just training me into my new belly. Otherwise I'm peaches!!!!

Well, I feel like a failure already. I lost weight during the pre-op diet, but haven't lost a thing since (except for the 5 pounds that I came out of surgery with). I know that I am supposed to be concentrating on healing, but I still would have loved to have lost at least a few pounds. This sucks. Ok, pity party over. For now anyway. ;-)

I am scheduled for my first fill on October 23rd. I am scared of that because I go back to work the next day.

I lost a lot of wieght before surgery so I think that's why my wieght isn't coming off.

I lost a lot of wieght before surgery so I think that's why my wieght isn't coming off.

I have wondered if that was what was going on with me.

Hi,

I think I'm doing pretty good at this point, but I did just write a note to my doctors nurse coordinator person:

"I had surgery 9/24 and I'm doing pretty good! Physically, I feel great, wounds are healing nicely, etc. I guess I need some support in the form of virtual hand holding. I knew this was coming and expected it, but I still feel kind of funky and out of sorts.

I've had no problems drinking liquids and such since 24 hours after surgery. I basically can drink like a normal person, although I don't gulp things down! Nothing I put in my mouth feels weird or strange when it goes down. I've been hungry as can be since 24 hours after surgery too. Including the pre op diet, I did sooo good following each and every rule regarding my phase on the diet.

Now I'm really struggling! I've found myself taking a nibble of one of the kids Snacks b/c I feel so stinking hungry. Or having an extra pudding or Jello through the day. Makes me feel horrible and like a failure!

I feel like I get no relief from the 2.5 oz of food at mealtimes. A sample menu for me would be 2.5 oz oatmeal, Protein supplement, 1.5 oz of canned chicken and 1 oz cheese, Protein supplement, and for dinner more canned chicken and some soft veggies. And most days, a sf pudding in the evneing. Plus drinks.

I guess I just need to be tough and get through it? Any chance of a fill next week when I come in for my 4 week check up? Maybe you just need to slap me around and tell me to get a grip! :regular_smile:

Thanks for listening and I appreciate all you and your program have done for me! I think you guys have a great comprehensive program and I'm glad I found you!

Thanks!!!!!"

So basically, that is how I feel. I guess I'm in hell? I can't believe some of you guys struggle to eat...I could eat and eat I think. Of course, I don't, but I feel like I could. !!

I have wondered if that was what was going on with me.

I lost quite a bit beforehand too, plus I gained/lost 5 from surgery...soo let's see,

started 249 (preop diet)

232 (surgery day)

237 (day after surgery)

222.8 (today) (damn, I need to hide the scale!!!)

Chickie~ Your description of how you're feeling right now is how I felt the week before my first fill (at 4 weeks). I think it is a sign that it's time for a fill...