Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Do you have a December Date?

Hi everyone,

I, too, am a bit late jumping into all this--had my surgery on December 31, 2008 (quite a NYE I had!). I'd been lurking on these boards a bit leading up to surgery, and I found all the information incredibly helpful!

In any case, I just had my second fill yesterday. And something in those Protein shakes I've been drinking since then made me think I should come back and check this place out again.

I'm very happy with the weight loss I've had so far, but, to be honest, most of it has come off when I've been on the liquid diet (pre and post-op and post-fill). I'm hoping I get the right restriction soon to start dropping the pounds at all other times.

Good work, everyone!

Karen

I've taken Celebrex for my arthritis for several years with no adverse effects, and my doctor approved it post banding. Because of my Medicare Part D ins coverage I was put on Mobic for 6 months before they would approve the Celebrex last year. I did have good results with Mobic, but my doctor is concerned about long term affects on the stomach because it is basically an aspirin product. He says the Celebrex is less of a concern in that area and I've had no complications with it over the years. Celebrex is definitely more expensive (quite a bit more... even with the Part D ins covering part of it) as it is still under patent protection. For those who need a prescription drug for this condition, I suggest you discuss all of the available products with your doctor, find out what your ins will pay for them, and make your decision based on what your doctor recommends and what you are willing or able to pay.

Just wanted to give a quick update to my fellow holiday hotties. I'm loving the band. I'm down 60 pounds since surgery on December 1st. I have a new boyfriend and things are going great on that front. I feel great restriction for a week or two after my fills (I've had 3 for a total of 6.8ccs), but I'm thinking I may have a leak in the band. The surgeon said he thought he put more in there, so he checked it, and said it wasn't a fast leak if there was a leak, but I was so tight after the last fill I could barely get food down and now I feel very little restriction a couple of weeks later. If it turns out to be a leak, he said that he can fix it while I'm under local anesthesia and that it is relatively simple. I'm still working out at least 5 days per week and eating healthy almost all of the time. I've had no bad effects and I've gotten used to eating to live instead of living to eat. All in all, things are going great! I hope everyone else is doing well and I'm sending my best thoughts and wishes to my fellow december bandsters!!!

Trina..WOW 60 POUNDS!!! That is AWESOME:hurray:!! Your dedication has surely paid off. I cant wait till I get there. I was doing so good about going to the gym, but ever since the warmer weather arrived, all I want to do is come home and work in the yard (and that means skipping the gym:sad:). Sssooo, I need to get back into the routine of going.

Again, congrats on the weight loss and keep up the good work:thumbup:!!!

Trina. Congrats!! Life is good when we let it. Keep up the good work!!

Good Debi: I'm glad to see you got your ticker running and you have lost 13 pounds. I went to Mexico too to get my lapband. I'm 58. Anyway it looks as though we have the same amount of weight to lose. I think it may be harder to lose weight when we are this close to a goal weight. I found a fill dr. here in Wasilla and since the second fill, Feb. 26th., I'm scared to have another fill. I lost 7 pounds after the 26th of Feb. but I haven't lost anymore and I've taken up swimming. I think it becomes more difficult to lose weight when you get this close to your goal. I don't know where I would find the answer to this one.

Hi all, just thought I'd drop a quick update. I had my surgery on dec. 14th and and am currently down 49 lbs since surgery. While not as dramatic as trina's 60 lol =) I'm still pretty stoked about it. I'm eatting by my diet and exercising, while I have had a few problems I'm still trucking it! I currently have 5cc in my 10cc band, after having 6 in there and it being WAY too much, 5cc is really tight. So much so I'm having a few problems with pbs and figuring out what I can tolerate with the band this go 'round. Aside from the seaweed in sushi, most everything else I've figured out, teeny tiny bites, chew for forever, and talk more at the table than eat...lol Hope everyone else's journeys are going well!

Yeah, barngal2003 I’m so proud of you. I don’t know how the rest of the Holiday Hotties are doing? We’ve only been at this for 3 months now and I think most of us are adapting to a more healthy life style. I’ve only lost one pound since the last time I checked in but I’m still very pleased and grateful. Your brave to have your band filled it really is a wonderful tool. Keep it up!

Double click on your Tickerfactory logo. This will take you to your site. Put in your password. Update the information, new date, new weight ect. Then it automatically changes your information, or at least it worked that way for me. Double check by checking your signature in lapbandtalk.com

Hi All, We are at the 6 month Mark since surgery. how is everyone doing?

I had a minor illness which messed up my diet and exercise for awhile. Still have lost 84 # since the start, 54# of that since the surgery. Sounds like many of you are still losing ! Speak up