Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Do you have a December Date?

It was 75 and sunny here, but the Water is too cold without a heater. Swimming is best they say. I weighed myself and now that I got 3.5cc in me (wednesday) I lost 1.5lbs so now at 159.0!!:tt2:

Now Debi, You know I've got to be so proud and jealous of you. Monday morning I going strait to the phone to make an appointment for another fill.:thumbup:

Hi All, i think it's the weather and the lull after all the changes. i had my 2nd fill (started yoyoing again)- and am on track, again.

I have noticed my restriction seems to go away about a week after a fill (had 2 so far). I've been reading some other threads that tell me it takes more than 2 or 3 - some have not had "good" restriction until about the 4th or 5th fill. My surgeon says she can't put in too much, or the sudden difference will be much to tight and I won't be able to get anything down, so they have to take it in steps. My first fill was 3cc, second was 2cc. I go in next Monday for my 3rd fill. I don't feel much restriction now, and weight loss has stalled again. I logically know all this - but I still feel discouraged tonight. Tomorrow will be better...

Everybody - have a good week, eat healthy and exercise.

Joann- I am the same way for the fills. Only my journey hasn't been so pleasant. My first fill they told me they were going to put 3 cc in my 10 cc band, and that it would be my biggest fill the rest would be smaller. Not true. My second fill they put another 3 cc in, and actually overfilled me, most painful, unpleasant thing ever! I couldn't even swallow my spit! It took from that morning when we left the clinic (because the doctor who filled me assured me the strange feeling was normal) till late that night to get someone to remove 2 of those cc. I now have 4 cc in my band, my restriction isn't a lot better, but I don't have to snack as much, but I'm also having a lot of problems with pbs...which are rather painful. Lesson learned from the experience is....DO NOT let the doctor put in more than 1 cc at a time after the initial fill! On the other hand my weightloss has been good according to them...I'm down 32 pounds since dec. 12....but I can't help but think I should be further along than I am, but slow and easy right? Hope everyone else has had more pleasant fill experiences and are doing well.

I have noticed my restriction seems to go away about a week after a fill (had 2 so far). I've been reading some other threads that tell me it takes more than 2 or 3 - some have not had "good" restriction until about the 4th or 5th fill. My surgeon says she can't put in too much, or the sudden difference will be much to tight and I won't be able to get anything down, so they have to take it in steps. My first fill was 3cc, second was 2cc. I go in next Monday for my 3rd fill. I don't feel much restriction now, and weight loss has stalled again. I logically know all this - but I still feel discouraged tonight. Tomorrow will be better...

Everybody - have a good week, eat healthy and exercise.

My situation is similar to yours--I've had two fills for a total of 5ccs and I do great for a week or so and then I can pretty much eat anything again. My next fill isn't until March 3rd, which I guess is a little over a week away. At least we aren't too tight! I'm afraid of being too tight and throwing up. But I just ate NY strip for dinner tonight with no issues. It must be time for a fill! Good luck with fill #3!

I have my 2nd fill today. I actually noticed more restriction about 2 weeks after my first fill. I didn't have much restriction at all right after it but when I hit the two week mark I could start to feel it. It still isn't at the level that I am hoping to be at so I am getting my 2nd fill. I'm really hoping that this next fill will be right where I need to be. I know everyone is different. Some only need 2-3 and others do need more. My doctor told me that I had alot of internal fat and that is already adding restriction around my band. As that fat "melts" away, I will need to be filled again. So I'm guessing that even if I get the restriction I want, I'll have to keep having mini fills as my fat goes away.

Judging from your tickers you are all losing pounds faster than I am. I am really not concerned about losing a little slower - I know it took a long time to put it there and it will probably take a while to get it off. I'm actually down about 27 pounds since pre surgery diet, and I am pleased with that loss. I have been doing my aerobics for exercise, but not as consistent as I could be with it. My arthritis in right knee and foot has been acting up with weather fronts going through, and I have just not been up to stressing it further. That is part of the Catch22 I've been dealing with for a long time, and the pounds off will help me increase the exercise - I'll get the circle going again...

A good - healthy - day to everyone!!

Haha I know I'm late with this but I was a late December bandster! I've lost a total of 72 pounds since I first started my journey back in May of '08. Almost 40 of that has been since my band. Just wanted to drop in here and say hey!

JoanMarie, Trina, and Auggies, i'm in the same boat. Had 2 fills for a total of 5cc. do well for a week-10 days then no restrictions. Am getting concerned, :) the Doctor took me off the BP RX as it was so low but other meds make me crave salt - then i feel like I ate too much . last 2 days have been horrid.

But let me tell you my horror story that happened yesterday and today

Feb. 25 I had my second fill. I followed the rules I fasted no food for 12 hours before my appointment time, only drinking Water. He puts in 2.25 because I have been complaining that the 1 cc. that he put in on Feb. 2. was not effective. I could eat lobster and steak (small amounts) cut and chewed properly. He was hesitant to put 2.25 CCs but I was able to drink 12 ounces of water after the 2.25 fill and I gulped the water strait down being a little on the smug side. He said Vickie you call me if there is a problem. I arrogantly (but in a teasing way) told him that I would be making an appointment for another cc in 6 weeks.

After a few hours, I got home and the wrath of God descended upon me for being such an egotistical bitch.

I threw up water all afternoon, all night, and the following morning Feb. 26th. I don’t know how I had that much water and mucus in my system.

I called him early in the morning and told him I was going to have to eat crow for all the smart assed attitude I had and would he please take out a little bit of the distilled water.

Well he told me to come right in—but things got even worse until they got better.

He took at the entire fill and hit a blood vessel in the process. Blood squirted in his face, running down my back. I looked at the water removal and it had blood in it, not much but it was definitely colored, traces of blood. He tells me that my band has been traumatized and needs to heal and threatens to leave it empty so I plead with him no at least put what I had back in which was 1 cc so he put back 1,25 ccs. So now I'm back with no restriction and a very sore bruised band. I wished I had just gone back to TJ where I had the band done in the first place. At least they use x-ray and you can see what is going on. I feel so stupid for not doing that and wasting money that I don't have to spear. Sorry to be rambling on and on.

Hang in there everyone. Welcome Drew. Sue, I'm glad you get to discontinue one of your meds, that's great news. Vickie, I'm sorry you had such a bad experience.

JoannMarie, I hope your knee and foot are feeling better.

Trina, it's almost time for that next fill.

I had my 3rd fill last week and I could barely swallow the Water in the office but I knew from the last 2 fills that it would relax real quick and sure enough it did. I do get full faster and I've been getting stuck some and pd'd a few times but that's because I'm not paying enough attention and usually trying to eat too much still. I've started grabbing smaller bowls so I can't put too much in.

I've been hungrier which I'm guessing is a side effect of the prednisone I'm on. So far no gain, but not much loss. I just want to make it through these 10 days without gaining. Hopefully I can start back to the gym next week. I haven't been able to go for 3 weeks now. I start a new job next week and have to figure out a new schedule.

Teresa; Thanks for all the nice comments you made to everyone. Teresa, I'm sorry you have to take prednisone. My step dad took that stuff and he swole up really fast.

Drew that is lots of weight, I hope you don't get sick doing that as fast as it appears. Is this normal? It appears the younger one is the faster the weight tends to come off. Well Good for you.

Edited by Vickie
add in

Well the 70 something pounds was for the better part without the band. The 40 I've lost with the band have been because I have been doing at least 3 miles a day on the treadmill coupled with the lower caloric intake is really just making the weight melt off :(

WE're awfully quiet out there. have you all moved on to other challenges?

Hi Sue!

I'm here!! Just had my 3rd fill on Monday. 1cc this time for a total of 6cc. I am feeling very good restriction at this time. My doctor says there is always a little swelling after a fill, and it takes several days for it to go down. I should loosen up a bit after that. That has been my experience with the first 2 fills. I am liking this restriction, but I'm having to relearn some eating habits. Since I did not have very good restriction prior to this I am feeling like I am banded for the first time. Cutting meat very small, chewing a LOT, being very careful to eat slowly enough to not crowd stuff in there. The last few days have been interesting. No major difficulties, though, so I guess I'm doing okay - and - let's face it - this is really what I have wanted all along!

We are looking forward to spring around here - how 'bout you?