Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I Got My Surgery Date...Where Are The November Bandsters?

Looks like I join y'all!! I got a date today from the doc for November 21!! Omg, I can't believe how fast this happened! :sad_smile:

I'm dubbing next month "YESvember". hehehe!!

Got my date, (11/17) and freaked...I am really scared about the whole foreign object in my body thing

I completely understand where you're coming from. However, for me, I am more scared of dying fat -- from heart disease, diabetes, a stroke, cancer, and any number of things. When I look at it that way, for me it makes this surgery a bit less scary.

I got my call today... :rolleyes2: Insurance approved me within 2 weeks (BCBS). My surgery date is November 7th. :thumbs_up: I feel the same as everyone else. :sad_smile: OMG!! where do I go from here... :scared2: I have 15 days to get my life in order. :blushing:

I have (Anthem) BCBS too. They must be the way to go. I only just had my consult about two weeks ago. Had it not been for my vacation last week, I may have gotten an even sooner date. However, since I am running out of time off, I opted for the Friday, November 21st date she had so I at least have the weekend, and then just a short week before Thanksgiving. It will be a TRUE Thanksgiving for me this year. :sad_smile:

Hi all....My surgery is scheduled for November 10th. I'm in preop diet hell now....3 weeks of liquids only. I'm am so thankful for this site, the support and information is fantastic.

I am doing the same thing! I have been doing what I call the "Farewell to food tour"! It seems I am eating all kinds of stuff thinking that I will not ever have it again. I know this in not healthy but I think I just need to go through the motions! I am glad I am not alone!

Keep up the good work Kathy! You can do it! I am being banded on 11/18 and will start by pre-op diet soon too. I will be in the same boat all too soon! Let me know if you have any tips to surviving the pre-op diet

I didn't get denied by my insurance company. But I have waited over a year to have this done.

I have been researching the lapband for over three years. Last July I was going to see my doctor but found a lump under my arm. After a conversation with my doctor, I had a ultrasound and had the lump removed. They found two more lumps and after they were biopsy'd they found Diffused Large B Cell Lymphoma. This is a form of Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma. After 6 treatments of chemotherapy and losing all the hair on my body. I am in remission.

Now after all that I saw my family doctor and my oncologist and they both said go for the lapband not the gastric (just in case of re-occurrance). With my BMI of 48 I had to do nothing else to qualify for the insurance. But the doctor wanted the world. I had insurance approval in 2 days.

From my initial doctors appointment to the scheduled surgery date it is less than 2 months.

Now that the surgery is less than a month away (November 6th) I am having all those anxiety issures. Trying not to do the last meal thing and just keep riding my exercise bike (up to 25 minutes a day working towards 45 before the surgery date-personal goal)

Chris

GREAT NEWS FOR YOU! I hope it all works out! I am being banded in Nov. and going through the same motions. However I have been doing the last meal thing! Not intentional... but I still have been doing it! Now I am getting sick of it and can't wait to have this done. I will start my pre-op diet of Protein shakes in just a couple of weeks and then it probably will really hit me! Again good luck with your surgery! Keep in touch!

i am scheduled for Nov 4th. It's been along time coming and I am soooo excited! I am looking forward to a life that is no longer controlled by the fact that I am overweight and Diabetic. I am so looking forward to the fact that I can add years to my life and not take them away.

:thumbup:I am scheduled for Nov 4th. It's been along time coming and I am soooo excited! I am looking forward to a life that is no longer controlled by the fact that I am overweight and Diabetic. I am so looking forward to the fact that I can add years to my life and not take them away.

My date is Nov. 4. I, like the rest of you November banders am on an emotional rollercoaster. I met today for the last time with my surgeon prior to surgery. He was very affirming. He told me that I will most likely have more pain from my bad back than I will from the surgery. I finally got some peace today. I returned to the understanding that starterd me down this journey. Yes I am doing this for myself. However, more importantly, I am doing this for my wife and my children. I want and need to be around for them. They need me. Even more importaintly, I am doing this for my God. I desire to be around for as long as possable to praise and worship Him with all that I am. I want to offer Him a temple that is full of energy, one that can with fleeting abandon worship and praise my glorious God. Once I returned to my original jurney starter I found the peace I was so looking for. I am not saying I won't slip back into the selfish mode that drives me into the roller coaster. What I am saying is as long as I keep my head on the peace is there. So my fellow banders, whaterver your reason for being banded and escaping the jail of obesity, remember it an return to your first love. There you will find peace. We can do it. Congratulation for caring about your life enought to take this awsome journey into the freedom we will all experience because we choose to be thin. Let's hang in there. Together we can do it.

Hip! Hip! Horay!!!

Hi All,

This is my first post. I've been reading since January of this year, but haven't mustered the courage to post until today. I, too, am a November bandster -- my surgery will be on November 4.

Although I feel pretty okay right now, I have been through my share of "emotional rollercoaster" times since I decided to do this in January. Since I made to decision to be banded, I've mainly just wanted to get it done and over with, but had to go through the 6-month pre-surgery stuff, waiting for approvals and surgery dates, etc. After I went for the anesthesia consult a couple of weeks ago, I went through this weird, rebellious phase where I still wanted the surgery but was mad that I have to go through this to get my weight under control. :eek: I'm way past that now. I'm just looking forward to seeing the weight come off and to, hopefully, the day when my doctor tells me I am no longer diabetic (or that it is in remission or whatever!).

I have to think that my attitude will be 90% of the battle. I've sworn to myself that I will try not to whine or complain after the surgery about the pain or about how hungry I am, etc., because I have chose to do this and know that there will be tough moments ahead. (We'll see how that goes. I am a bit of a complainer.)

I have learned so much from this site and I am very grateful to all who take the time to share their experiences and wisdom.

I am wondering if it would be helpful to have a place (maybe a new thread or maybe here) where we can post the best information, advice, tips, that we've found. I find it hard at times to zero in on the information I need on this site at times. I guess I'm thinking particularly of the immediate post-op period. Anyone interested in sharing this way?

Good luck to all. I look forward to hearing of the success of all the November bandsters and to benefitting from your input. I will try to share my experiences and information as well.

Good luck everyone! :eek: