Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I Got My Surgery Date...Where Are The November Bandsters?

I am 7 days out from surgery...I am getting so excited...but a little nervous too...mostly about if I will be starving with only having liquids...especially right before Thanksgiving.

Does anyone have a really great tasting Protein Drink that they are using with at least 20 grams of Protein? I don't really like the one I'm using.:thumbs_up:

That is what I am drinking is the Low Carb chocolate Slimfast...It's okay...but I don't know if I can drink it twice a day for a whole week....but that is probably what I would feel like for all of them.

My dietitioin requires that the Protein be 20 or above, 7 grams or less of carbs/sugar and 5 grams or less of fat. It is tough to find all these combinations. I believe the slimfast only has 15 grams of protein. Does anyone know of Protein Drinks with 20 or more grams of protein?

Slimfas low carb has 20 grams of Protein, 9fat, 1 sugar and 190 calories.

I also bought the EAS Myoplex Lite but it only has 17 grams of Protein, 170 calories, 1 sugar (20 carbs all together) and 2 grams fat....lots of Vitamins.< /p>

The Myoplex Carb Control has 25 grams protein, 150 calories, 3.5 fat, and only 1 sugar (5 carbs all together).....this sounds like the best choice....I'm going to try this one. It comes in powder or ready to drink in chocolate, vanilla and strawberry.< /p>

Ebony.. I'm so sorry ..xoxoxoxox... It will Happen... I do have to say I'm puzzled on a few other threads this week you are the 4-5 person mentioning this. What was the amount the Dr. told you to initially take. I Start preop diet next week and I want to be prepared.

My prayers are with you. I know you must have lost it:cursing: when you heard the news... Congrats the heartbeat that is GREAT News:thumbup:

Hi & congrats. If I already posted to your reply,I apologize. I was banded on November 3rd,so i'm right there with you.

I hope your surgery will go well ,which i'm sure it will :thumbs_up: !!

Hi Heather,

Thanks so much for the luv...I'm starting to feel a little better about the whole thing, but holding out hope that I'll still be banded in November.

My PCP told me my hemoglobin level was 9.1 versus 11 or 12 being ideal. It's been that low before...I guess that's why I'm sensitive to cold. :cool2:

The Iron supplement I'm taking is called Perfect Iron by Sundown Naturals. It lists the amount of iron per tablet at 50 mg. I don't think your body absorbs all of that, because my PCP said 2 of these were roughly equivalent to the others I used to take. I went from taking 2 per day to taking 2 per meal for Breakfast and lunch. I've added dinner to this now that he's talking about rescheduling my surgery!:w00t:

I still haven't heard from the surgeon :frown: - though I'm supposed to see him next Tuesday for my final pre-op appointment. Until they tell me otherwise, I'm continuing on as if everything is okay. Acting "as if"...I just hope I'm not fooling myself. :thumbs_up:

I also bought the EAS Myoplex Lite but it only has 17 grams of Protein, 170 calories, 1 sugar (20 carbs all together) and 2 grams fat....lots of Vitamins.

The Myoplex Carb Control has 25 grams protein, 150 calories, 3.5 fat, and only 1 sugar (5 carbs all together).....this sounds like the best choice....I'm going to try this one. It comes in powder or ready to drink in chocolate, vanilla and strawberry.< /p>

4 everlite ... the ease shakes are great I drink them after a workout and I like them all but strawberry.. my fave is the Cafe' Carmel... yummy :thumbs_up: Not bad for shake I do the ready made that way there are no mistakes..lol.

I was disappointed with GNC. I wanted to try the Isopure but they only sell it in these huge tubs that cost nearly $70. :thumbs_up: They do have the Protein bullets, which I will use after the surgery but not before. They have 42 grams of protein each.

I get my shakes at the grocery store (Kroger usually).

Trial by fire on my first day! lol! The clinic I work for has The Olive Garden brought in for catered lunch today. Talk about a challenge. Breadsticks, salad, chicken alfredo and spaghetti. I am so hungry my hands are shaking. It feels good to say "no" though and I feel lighter already just from not having anything solid so far today. Its sure hitting me though how much I am going to have to change in the way I relate to and think about food.< /p>

Ebony I'm glad your feeling better. I just ordered these... I hear lots of people get "backed up" with Iron so when I saw these I knew they were a little price but it also had Vitamin C to help with the absorption. Keep us posted.

Bariatric Advantage 60mg chewable Iron - Lemon Lime (90 Count)

Our chewable iron is in a form that is both easy to take and tastes great. This NEW 60mg product is made from Ferronyl® carbonyl iron. This product contains a full 250mg of Vitamin C to optimize iron absorption and utilization. Tablets are designed to be easy on the digestive system, to support maximum absorption, and to minimize side effects like constipation