Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Vancouver Area Bandsters

Hi y'all ......

I'd love to join the group of bandsters who may meet on a frequent basis ...... I am in Toronto at the moment am researching the band option and would love to meet anyone who has gone thru the experience of banding etc ...... I also keep a part time spot in vancouver so immmm very interested in meeting with people :confused:

I hope researchers are welcome to join you .... and hopefully meet at a place with NO ARMS on the chairs! lol

Hi Nativetwinkle. Of course you would be welcome at the Lions Gate monthly meeting. Researchers are very welcome as we have all gone through that phase and know how important it is. You will meet some people that have gone to Mexico, others banded locally and others banded in Toronto (me). contact canadagirl33@hotmail.com and she will put you on the reminder list. If I can give you any assistance, feel free to e mail me.

Sorry for taking so long to post - been so busy!

Thank you Linda & Janice for making it out to my "first" support group meeting in Richmond this past Thursday (Jan 23). It was very nice meeting you both, and I look forward to seeing you again in the future. Best wishes on your weight loss journeys until then.

We had a good meeting, getting to know each other, and learning more about the band (and who offers the surgery around town). As this was an informal meeting, we did not have a "topic", but instead spent the time chatting about living with the lap-band.

We decided that having a support group on weekends, and in a more central location would be beneficial for us, and maybe others. Therefore, I will be organizing another get-together after the Olympics. If any of you are interested in meeting on the weekends, please let me know when/where is best for you, so we can find the best place to host the meetings. I will keep you posted about the next meeting once it is scheduled.

In other news, I learnt what being too tight feels like, had a small unfill this morning (0.25CC) and feel MUCH better. I am one of those types of people that needs to learn everything for myself... now I know :-) Looking forward to the next few weeks, and then GOING ON A CRUISE!!! which I'm both extremely looking forward to, as well as very anxious about. Praying that everything will work out, so that I can go on more cruises - hehehehe

Have a great day! Cheers ~

One of my patients went on a 3 week cruise in Europe and only gained .6 of a pound!!

Same patient now in South America on another cruise. I look forward to his next follow up to see how he did!!

Hi: This article written by two doctors in our Vancouver Sun may be of interest.

They talk about colas and other caffeinated drinks. "Quote: It is not the carbonation, it's probably the 16 phosphates in caffeinated drinks that rob your bones of Calcium. So for every 12 oz caffeinated soft drink and every 4 oz cup of coffee you have, add 20 more miligrams of calcium to your day on top of the recommended 1,500."

Further down Quote:"A Protein heavy diet can make your blood more acidic and your body steals calcium from your bones to neutralize that acid. Don't count on supplements to pay down the whole deficiit, it is better to eat right. Eat no more than one half gram of protein for every pound you weigh."

At last an reason why I should stay away from colas that I can believe. As for the protein, I can eat (based on my weight) roughly 101 grams of protein per day, sounds good to me. Thought this ariticle may be of interest.

Edited by Doddie63
typos

Hello fellow Vancouver bandsters

I would like to have another Richmond support group meeting, and I have picked a date that I hope will work for everyone else. Our last meeting was very successful, and I would like to create a regular (reoccurring) support group.

With the Olympics coming up, I'm thinking the rest of February will be a write-off for getting together (half the main streets of Richmond are closing tomorrow). So, the following Saturday will be the next available time. Therefore, our next meeting will be Saturday, March 6th :angry:

I do not know exactly where the meeting will be, but most likely it will be in South Richmond (near the tunnel) as it is easily accessible from many locations. I think that lunch time is both convenient as well as band-friendly. So, our meeting will be around lunch time, most likely 11:30am again.

Please pass on this invitation to all bandsters, pre-bandsters, and questioning bandsters. Everyone is welcome. If you want to come, feel free to e-mail me at tim_4756@hotmail.com. If you have any questions, or if you just want to chat, I'm more than happy to receive your e-mails.

Hope everyone's having a good week! Cheers

I am moving into my place that day!! Unfortunately I will most likely not be there ( you never know... things may go smoothly!! )

Will certainly try the next one. I met one of the meeting attendees Saturday and her response was very positive on holding this support meeting!!

Keep up the good work!!:angry:

Rhonda

Hi i am pre band and i am wanting to go to mexico , i have a dr picked out but i was wanting to know if anyone from vancouver has used belightweight.com dr jose Rodriguez or has any info retaining to them ..... thanks

Had a good day today.. I now have 5 ccs in my little band. Hoping I will feel the great restriction that is talked about.. I would love to make it to at least one of these meetings but find it hard.. Possibly spring or summer...

How are you feeling today with the fill??

hey guys, for those of you who were at the last LGH meeting, you know I've been struggling for a while and have been a very slow loser. Anyways, I went in to see Dr. A for a fill last week and he put in .5cc, which didn't really do much. I went back today and got another .5cc for a total of 2.3cc in a 4cc band. I'm hoping this one makes the difference.

It's great to see some fresh faces on this board. Hope to see you at the next meeting :lol:

Babe

Babe,

Keep up the positive attitude!! :lol:

Remember fills are not to be rushed. As you know an overfill if not a fun experience!! Give it a chance to give a bit more restriction!! Everyone and their band is unique!!

Rhonda

How are you feeling today with the fill??

Hey the fill went good. Got poked a lot and was a little tender the next day.. I feel like I am having restriction and have got food stuck twice learning as I go.. Small bites, Small little bits,, I mean little.. LOL... So when do you go in for surgery???? Don't you start the liquid diet soon????? Again are you right in Vancouver or somewhere else in BC????? Well keep us updated... :cursing: