Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am getting bummed out!!

Hey! help!

I had my surgery Sept 4th.. I have been walking, and recently joined a ladies gym doing Water arobics, treadmill, bike, I have only lost 17 pounds so far.. I haven't gotten a fill yet oct 13 for me.. I am getting hungry lately.. I have been eating good, and I can't eat very much, So whats up with me.:biggrin:

You have "only lost" 17 lbs!!! I hope I do as badly as you! My Doc says to expect a wieght loss of 1 to 2 lbs a week. No wonder you are hungery. You have lost about 4 lbs a week. You dont' want to make yourself sick. I was banded Sept 23 and your post is amazing to me. How many calories are you consuming in a day?

I had my surgery on 8/25 and to date i'm down 21lbs. I "kind" of skipped the puree diet and i know had i followed :thumbdown:the diet I would be down more but I'm good with 21 down and very baggey clothes.

Don't be bummed out...you're doing :thumbup:great!!!!

tootsuzy ~ from what my doctor said...you are banded but not restricted. You will have to eat slower right now because of the band but there is not liquid in your lapband to restrict your food. So you are still able to eat the food that you could before which is why you are still hungry. So after your fill is when you should hopefully be losing more weight.

You have "only lost" 17 lbs!!! I hope I do as badly as you! My Doc says to expect a wieght loss of 1 to 2 lbs a week. No wonder you are hungery. You have lost about 4 lbs a week. You dont' want to make yourself sick. I was banded Sept 23 and your post is amazing to me. How many calories are you consuming in a day?

My Doctor says the same thing :drool:

Remember, we got banded because we wanted to go slower and be healthy. Okay, I know, you are hardly eating and you want to see that number way down there. But - it takes time. Measure yourself, you are loosing inches. And you are on a fantastic rate of weight loss! :thumbup:

Keep up the great work :mellow: Debbie

Hi,

I know how you feel, I came on here this morning to post pretty much the same problem. I never thought the weight loss would STOP once I started eating normal again (not liquids all day, not mushies all day) I was banded Sept 12, 2008 and lost 15 lbs since. I thought it would be more, I'm happy with the 15, (since surgery) 22 counting the pre-op diet but I am hungry all day long and I am trying so hard NOT to eat bad things. I haven't yet, but I know I"m eating way too much of the good things, if that makes sense. I know I don't have any restriction because I go for my first fill on Oct 8. My doctor even told me that he put the "big band" in me so "you probably won't feel any restriction for a while" OMG, I want restriction NOW. The strange part is that I was a junk food junky 24/7 before my surgery, I have cut out all soda, all fast food, all sweets, and I eat very well, you would think I would lose weight just from that...but I have stopped and that is what makes me a little dissappointed/depressed. I can't even lose weight by dieting now, never mind having "Lucy" installed. Lucy's got some splainin' to do!!!!

Any suggestions?

Jodie :cursing:

Hi! I had my surgery the same day as you! :) I'm down 20lbs and I think that 17- 20 lbs is GREAT!! It sounds like you are doing everything that you should be! Keep up the good work... and remember, you could be loosing inches instead of weight... or maybe both! :)

Hey! help!

I had my surgery Sept 4th.. I have been walking, and recently joined a ladies gym doing Water arobics, treadmill, bike, I have only lost 17 pounds so far.. I haven't gotten a fill yet oct 13 for me.. I am getting hungry lately.. I have been eating good, and I can't eat very much, So whats up with me.:)

My doc said to expect about 15lbs the first month....that's right where you're at.

I don't think that it's unusual to lose more quickly at first and then have your body "stall out". I'm in the same place as you right now....waiting for my first fill. I just started feeling hungry this week and it's miserable. My band was installed with a little fill, so I had some restriction right from the start and now I miss it!!

I've been tracking my calories this week for another group that I'm in and I'm averaging 500-600 per day.

Only a week until my first fill.....can't come soon enough for me!

I think you are doing great too. Dont get bummed out. I lost 12 lbs the first month, then 8, 9 and then 15. Maybe without your band you might be GAINING weight every month, instead of losing it slow. Dr. Owens told me that you shouldnt get your band to tight because if it is you will want to eat things that go through easily like maybe ice cream instead of the right things chewed slowly. Keep your chin up!

yall are doing great...:thumbup:the 1st 6 weeks is just a healing stage for your belly...lost weight is a good thing but it's a slow process...we all would like to wake up and see pounds shed every morning, but it's just not like that...my doctor says it is a marathon not a 100 yard dash...1 to 2 pounds a week is the expected weight loss. that sounds like so little, i know, but if you look at it in long term numbers there are 52 weeks in a year, so you are going to lose anywhere from 50 to 100 pounds, give or take, in a year...just remember it's baby steps, and i am going to expect someone to give me this pep talk, when i am bummed out about my slow weight loss:tongue2:

hang in there...you are doing awesome:w00t:

Hi,

I'm glad I'm not alone, I knew I wouldn't be but needed a pep talk! I now know that everyone loses at a different rate. My friend had her band put in Sept 26th and has already lost more than I have being banded Sept 12th, and I didn't do anything wrong so it has to be just the way it is. She is about 70 lbs heavier than I also so maybe if you're bigger you lose a little more then say someone not as big. I'll go with that, it makes me feel better. haha

Well I go for my first fill today. I am VERY excited, I WANT to lose again, I feel like I'm dieting very seriously and nothing is happening on the scale. I am going to start exercising this week as long as the Doc okays it. I KNOW that will help, and hopefully a little restriction will help too. Right now I feel NO different then when I went IN for surgery. I think I want proof that he even PUT a band in there! haha

Wish me luck and I'll tell you all about it when I return !

Thanks for listening,

Jodie

Hi! I was banded on the 12th of Sept. and I lost 21 lbs so far. I'm happy with that but want my fill too because like someone else here said I can eat almost anything I ate BEFORE I got banded (except bread), just not as much of it. That's the scary part because I'm working on willpower alone now until I get that fill and if I had good willpower I wouldn't have needed the band in the fisrt place (ha ha). My first fill is Nov.7th.

weight.png

Edited by Lap Band Momma