Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Will anyone ever notice my weight loss?

I was banded on April 18th and since then I am now down 57 lbs. I have also dropped from a size 30/32 to a 24. (Personally I thought that was an accomplishment) Not where I want to be but I was feeling good about myself, I could actually look in the mirror and not cringe. That was until today. I went to my first family function (a 1 yr olds birthday party) with most of my family there. (most dont know about the surgery) NOT ONE PERSON PAID ME A COMPLIMENT. I am devistated, do I see a different person in the mirror or is it just the same fat girl that was always there. I actually dressed nice for the party because I was feeling good about myself but now I feel like I should have never dressed in somthing other than a tee-shirt and stretchy cotton shorts (my old fat attire) I had on a cute denim skirt a little bit past the knees (NO elastic waist band this time) nice wedge sandals and a lightweight white shirt.

Am I always going to be the invisable fat girl no one can look in the eye or will anyone ever notice.

I am really down and need a pick me up. Has anyone else had this emotional/physicial issue.

SOrry for venting...

YOU"VE DONE A GREAT JOB!!! Please don't get down on yourself. Sometimes family members are the last to notice anything. Remember also that you probably were always wearing loose fitting clothes around them & not showing off those beautiful curves. When you changed you clothes this time they were probably (Iam guessing ) A bit more form fitted. So maybe just maybe your family didn't think you had lost so much weight. I really don't know. But the important thing here is YOU & I & LBT all know how great you've done! So Hipp Hipp Horray for ALEXRA!!

Ps- I am down, not nearly as much as you & only one neighbor has said something. Not my mom -not my sister. Only my mom out of those people knows about the band also. But I know;0)

HOLY SMOKES - down 57lbs in 2 1/2 months????? Who cares if anybody notices - you must!! I want to be just like you!!!!!! Right now I am praying to the weight loss gods (please let me be like her) ;) I am 4 weeks postop and down 13.5 lbs, which actually I was thrilled with. I am WAY impressed and THRILLED with your success!!! You go girl!!!

I am sorry your family didn't give you the praise you deserve right now. You are doing a great job though so don't let this set you back. Just keep doing doing as well as have so far and be proud of yourself. I am proud of you and I think your doing super!!!!

We who know plus-sizes immediately recognize the difference between a size 30 and a 24. (What an erormous accomplishment for you!) But I don't think most people do - to them anything over a size 18 is fat ... period. Keep fixing yourself up nicely, don't revert back to the fat clothes. Someone will notice when you least expect it.

You know what...YOUR ENTIRE family may be jealous...Anyways....who are you losing weight for ????....YOURSELF. You've done more in 2.5 months then most people do in a lifetime.

KEEP it UP...TRUST me...they will notice...and if not...WHO CARES....it's all about you and your better you.

Keep it up !

mb

You do not need to be validated by anyone else, Iam sure you did not do this for anyone but you. Focus on you and how GREAT you are doing. You have done amazingly well so far. Do not let the little things like people not noticing your weight loss get in your way of success or sabatoge you in any way! Trust me the day will come when people will notice, but until then, be happy about your success so far ;)

WAY TO GO!!

Alexra

Whenever I have gone places and people didn't seem to notice, I would ask them if they noticed and they always said that they really did, but that since there were so many people around they didn't want to make a big deal.

Eileen

Alexra-I've had this happen to me a few times too. People (and some of them very close or family) that I think should notice (haven't seen me in awhile) don't even acknowledge that I might look nice let alone that I've dropped over 50 pounds! My mom told me that some people don't know what to say and are afraid to say the wrong thing regarding weight loss. Also, some people (like my sons), she told me always found me beautiful so to them I'm still the same....beautiful. Hope this helps. You've done a fantastic job. The compliments will hit when you least expect them! Take care.

holy vanishing woman batman! I think Darcey's right, they probably don't know what to say. They are probably in shock. That is a huge difference!

I was raised by wolves, I don't think they will ever notice. Except my deer sweet Gandma. Every single time she sees me she asks me if I've lost weight, even when I've gained it.

It sounds like to me you are doing an amazing job. You keep losing weight at that pace and everyone will be noticing. Wow!!! You just keep your chin up and remember why you got banded and you will get to your goal.I'm proud of you and you should be proud too!!!!

I don't know if this will help, but I have noticed the only people that compliment me are the ones that are happy with themselves. All the heavy people in my family have never said one nice thing about the surgery, but all the thin ones just rant and rave of how great I look. So, no, it's not you, it's them. Hang in there! I think you have done a great job....I think we all have by doing this. This was not the easiest thing to have done, nor the fastest.

Congrats!!! I think that sometimes the people closest to us are the last to say anything. I know that sometimes they are hesitant to say anything because they don't want to draw a conclusion and be wrong. You should be proud of yourself, I am in awe !!! You are doing to well, so FAST!

Hi

I have lost 36 pounds since op but 60 something since Feb.

One of my friends have told me just yesterday that our other friends talk about it behind my back everytime they've seen me.They say nothing to my face however......

I think people might not know how to react to the fact that one's had WLS.I know that I have lost my best friend since the operation.She's just made strange comments about me having to eat that little,then started say I dont want to do the things we did before....eating..I want but cant.....and then she just started staying away more and more....

Hey that's life.....obviously one must be able to see the difference in you what with shrinking so many sizes already...maybe they just dont know what to say.....

What are you doing to lose that fast anyway??????????Great going.....