Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Had 3 fills but struggling!

Hi everyone!!

I've had 3 fills now....the last one 2 weeks ago.

I lose well for a few days and I have good restriction but i always seem to overeat on stuff that goes in easy.

chocolate, cakes, biscuits, icecream etc and I just can't seem to stop myself.

Eating good healthy food isn't a pleasurable experience at all. Yes it goes in if I chew well and go really slow but the pleasure i get from food is in the bad stuff.

I don't know how to stop myself.

I've lost 28lb but know I could have lost more if I'd been good throughout.

Wondering now if I've wasted my money on the band and should have gone for the bypass....would only have been a couple of thousand more...

HELP!!!

Amanda

xx

Hi Amanda:

Don't get discoraged, if this was easy we would not have needed surgery!

Let me ask you a question, do you eat the quanity of "bad" food you did before the band?

I am a very slow loser! We are at about the same weight loss. I do have a "bad" food on occasion, but try to eat healthy most of the time. As long as you are going down on the scale keep your chin up and try harder.

One of the things I am doing is to schedule my treats. Like a TCBY low fat yogurt every 3 days, or a samll bag of chips 120 calories once a week.

Hope you have a better week, I am going for another fill this week, and then I hope to be at my sweet spot!

hi Amanda and CathyChatts, i'm with you - slow loser too. i've had 3 fills too. last month i lost about 3 lbs and while that is discouraging to me i have to remember it took me 8 months to lose 6 lbs the year before surgery!

i tend to avoid 'bad for me' foods pretty well BUT sometimes chowder or other creamy Soups, which go down easy but have tons of calories, get me when i eat out.

i have the 100 calorie pack Snacks so at least i know how much i'm eating but i've stopped writing down what i eat and i think that helped (oh, i already had a Protein shake, don't need another one, that type of reminding). so i'm going to do that again.

hang in there! 4th could be a charm for us!

Hey ajpink...I'm on my third fill as well and I feel like I can definitely eat way more than I should be able to. But I don't eat sweets and all the bad stuff either...you should really try to get rid of all of that stuff from your house. Create a "safe zone" where you know that you won't be tempted to have the junk that's setting you back. And if you need snack here and there, do what I do and get yourself some FF Coolwhip and have a spoonful...or even SF popsickles. The 100 calorie packs are a great idea too...I get the striped shortbread kind and it really hits the spot. Also, when I feel like I'm getting hungry again after a meal...especially after dinner, I have a South Beach Diet Protein Bar. They're really good and those hit the spot as well.

As far as feeling that you should have had the bypass...well, that thought has crossed my mind many many times, but I keep telling myself that I want to be healthier and not just lose weight...thin doesn't necessarily mean healthy! I was also stalled for a few weeks...seems I lose a good 5-6 lbs right after a fill and then stop. So I've upped my exercise, I've been swimming! Are you exercizing?

Hope you can get focused and back on track! We're all in this struggle together! Take care...

Hi Everyone,

I'm Sharon - my surgery was 6/24 - I've also had 3 fills and have 5.5cc's in my band. I've lost 35 lbs to date, but it's comming off soooo slow. One of the things I've been doing is eating most of my meals out of small containers - and it does help with Portion Control. Yes - I could eat more of something I enjoy, but if I've only got 1/2 cup with me - than I won't eat any more.

Sometimes I even put more than I know I can eat on my plate - knowing that I won't be able to finish it - and it feels good when I push it away. I know - I'm crazy but it makes me realize that the band is doing what it should be doing.

I have also been having sugar free choc pudding made w/ skim milk almost every night, I'll up a little fat free cool whip on the top. It's really good with a drop of almond flavoring in it. (and when needed I add Protein power (powders?utm_source=BariatricPal&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_campaign=CommentLink" target="_ad" data-id="1" >unjury unflavored) to it. )

Good Luck - We can & will do this!!!!!!

Hello,

I am in the same boat, a slow looser…..but I tell myself “I did not gain this over night”. Something I rather not here……Then I think to myself I am currently 218…when was I last 218? mmmmmm back in 2000, so I have lost 30 lbs in the last nine months (since the begging of the lap band process) which took me 7 years to gain, loosing 30 lbs in 9 months is not bad!

Do what you have to do, cut back, eat healthier, and get moving. I am working on the moving part.

I have my forth fill October 21st.

Best wishes,

E

hi all, i'm so frustrated today! i'm not losing anything. i'm being pretty good -not perfect - being human i guess - but really my food choices are very good and so is my exercise. 4th fill is next wednesday. i don't think i've lost anything in the past month since fill #3 (net, went down 2.5 but seem to have gone back up 2.5).

this after having a wonderful dr's appt last night! off 3 medications, they used the regular size bp cuff - not the fat arm one! and my bp was 120/70 - excellent (it had been creeping up). my dr (who is a nut) even put in my record 'i feel bad for her that she has to buy new clothes' - he's kidding of course! i've gone down 3 pants sizes.

and yet, that scale frustrated me so much this morning! i should use this as motivation today to be closer to perfect!

i know many of you can relate. my band-mate (who had the surgery the same day as me) told me she is measuring her food now - i usually eye-ball it - i think i'll get out the measuring cups!

hope you have good 'band' day today! nice fall day here, so i am going to get out on my bike - pedal off some frustration! oh and walk my grey of course! bye!

greyhoundmom,

Don't be frustrated by the scale! I read so many positives in your post:

down 3 sizes

off of meds

good bp

exercising

making good food choices

You are doing great! The numbers will come off in time. You are losing inches and developing great habits!

YOU ROCK!

thanks for the encouragement TX DIVA! i had a pretty good day today after all - food wise and exercise wise. a great treadmill work out (almost rode my bike outside but it started to rain). the non-scale victories sure do pile up and must be appreciated especially when the scale isn't moving! the scale, i hope some day i don't care about that anymore or not much!

have a great weekend!