Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

did everyone feel this

Hello all

I was banded on 9/19/08, :thumbup: Just a short 7 days ago. I am not hungry at all, I miss food. but I am not hungry. Is it always going to fill like this.

T

T, I think your feelings are very normal. I promise it gets better. You are going through a lot of change at once...changing how you eat and drink; recovering from surgery; dealing with various emotions. Just keep your eye on the prize. Think about the future rather than just what you are feeling today. Remind yourself that you took a very positive step for you. I know it's easier said than done, but it really does get better over time.

Hang in there!

Oh, no ma'am! The hunger will come. Just wait until you're all healed up and not yet at your fill time... We like to call it "Bandster Hell." And hell it is. You're hungry and can eat again. The trick is... Do you revert back to your pre-band episodes or do you keep it in check? And how do you keep it in check when your band isn't doing what it was designed to do because you haven't had a fill yet. And then after the first fill you still hate the dang thing because you can still eat and you're still frickin hungry! But then you hit the sweet spot!!! You still get hungry, so eat regular meals. And if you don't be careful so you don't scarf something down and out yourself in pain.

In short. You will get hungry. You will miss eating some things that you no longer can tolerate. But that donut, kolache, slice of pizza, or that PB&J sandwich just don't taste as good (And hurt like hell) as watching the scale numbers drop! Do I miss certain foods, certainly. Do I get over it in 47 seconds, definitely!

I WISH! I was hungry in the recovery room (and no, not "emotional" hunger...true HUNGER!) Lots have an abatement of hunger for the first few days but it will come back until you get sufficient fills.

I should say a VERY small percentage of people don't need any fills and find sufficient satiety without any tightening of the band, but that is not common.

Brog you're hilarious! I am in Bandster hell right now. Just two weeks out and about two weeks until my first fill. My hunger just came back! I'm trying hard to pretend its still the same but now I can tell I am healing! Can't wait for that first fill!

Hang in there

susan

I am a lil confused about this "hunger" of course you are going to get hungry when your stomach is empty I get hungry every 4 hours on que! Then I eat and I am fine. Are yall talking emotional hunger or you getting hungry sooner the 3hours after you eat?

I am almost 5 weeks post op, and I have hunger yes, but I can eat and get full on very little food. I am scheduled for my first fill next week, which I may postpone at this point because I feel that I have good control with just my band. My doctor said that some people don't need fills for a while and some people don't need fills at all. I am losing 1-2 lbs a week and still drink two Protein shakes a day along with eating some Protein Bars in between my meals. I never feel sick and am able to tolerate everything that I have tried so far, of course it's been the foods I am allowed, mostly chicken, fish, eggs, and veggies.

Veronica

I am three weeks out and I'm starting to get hungry signals. However, I'm real chicken :lol: so I don't over do it. I can eat a whole cup of Soup and yogurt but that's as far as I go. Other foods like tuna, I only eat 1/2 cup.

I probably could eat more but again I'm chicken.< /p>

It starts out that way but comes back in force over the next few weeks. It then gets good again once you have good restriction where you are not really hungry the majority of the time. It is such a ride and interesting as well.

Fighting head hunger is really hard. It took me a few months to stop thinking I was hungry all of the time and I still have times that my head is hungry but my body says NOOOO. Try your best to keep yourself busy and listen to your body when it says you are really hungry. When you get some restriction, it will be impossible to eat very much or very often so it kind of cures itself in that way. Best of luck to you!!

I am 17 days post-op, and was wondering about the whole fill thing?

I do good on Soups and Jello and yogurt. Today was my first day on soft foods and I can't seem to get more than 2oz in before I am stuffed? Is this normal? Is it because I am still in the healing phase? I am scheduled for my fill on 10/22/08, should I wait and see if I continue with enough restriction or should I go ahead? I definitely don't want to be too tight. Help Please and Thank You!

I've decided to have a carnation instant Breakfast around 8:00ish and then have several really small meals throughout the day to stay ahead of the hunger.

I usually don't eat my cottage cheese until around 9:45 but because I have been physically hungry the past week. So I decided this is a great opportunity to try different things to help me with the hunger.

Hopefully, by eating more frequently but smaller meals will help.