Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Jammin January '07 Bandsters

Confused, what a great tale. I think we could probably all take heed. I sometimes think I'm not taking in enough good foods. Certainly I don't eat much fruit or veggies. And I'm sure my Protein intake is low. I'm going to pay more attention. But I'm glad that you are doing better. I keep thinking the pouch diet would get me back on track.

I've been awol, to some degree. I'm having computer problems so it is difficult to get here. My monitor will only allow me a couple of minutes of viewing time. And the computer is less that a year old (Dell) and Dell, doesn't recognize it cuz it was bought thought a store (Costco) and not directly. So, I've been spending hours on the phone trying to get some resolution but may have to return the whole thing.

So, I did step on the scale yesterday, after about a month...all I didn't gain..but I didn't lose. So, I need to get going. I've been exercising on a regular basis and feel really good about that. Just the eating too late at night...my bad.

They shouldn't allow radiologist's to talk to patients after they do x-rays, especially when they don't have a clue on what it is they are talking to the patient about. With that said, I have to have surgery as soon as my insurance and the doctor's office can work things out. I slipped my band back in January when they over filled me, of course the doctor isn't taking any responsiblity for his assistant's mistake. The other news he shared with me when I say him was that I may have to be converted to a bypass, he won't know until he gets in there and looks at the damage. You know with all the trouble I have had with his assistant screwing up my band I might just want the bypass because at least she couldn't screw me up again ever. Due to her poking a hole in my tubing last July I had to have my port and tubing replaced, now I have to have the whole band done...goody.. The doctor told me that it's just like the first time they place the band in you..liquids forever, then mushy, then food...no heavy lifting, no anything until they tell you that you can move...Oh and let's not forget the best part and over night stay at the hospital!!! I hate laying around I'm a very active person and have people to see and places to go!!! I start my fall classes soon and this just sucks!!!!

Doctors can be such horse's asses sometimes. I hope your surgery goes well -- how unbelievable frustrating!

Things are good on my end. I got unfilled a few weeks ago and will be having my gall bladder out next Wednesday. My fill is scheduled for 8/2. I cannot freaking wait! This is my first plateau since giving birth in December! LOL

Good morning gang.

Confused, that is terrible. Is the sleeve an option? Guess you will find out what is what when you see the dr.

Juno...you are an inspriation. Too bad about your gall bladder. But you'll be back at it soon.

Starting the five day pouch diet today. Trying to get myself strict and get the junk out of my system. I'm trying to set a smaller goal of weighloss...like 10 pounds instead of 30...to just get me going.

I've been walking and being active. Love this time of year. They fields are mowed and baled..smells so great!

I'm actually enjoying the pouch diet..go figure. I think it is that I'm in control of my eating to a fine degree. And feel so much better, more energy. Just tells me I wasn't taking in enough Protein on a daily basis.

Surgery has been scheduled for Friday the 30th of July. His nurse called to comfirm the date and said that they will be practicing the 3 R's...repostion, replace, revision...they are going to try and repostion my band that I have now, and if that works all is good...if not he will move on to replacing my lapband with a new lapband..and if there was to much damage to my stomach from being like this since january then they will revise me to a bypass. It's nice to know how things work. Well as you might know I'm worried and scared...getting ticked that I have had to do this surgery so many times. Well I guess if someone ever asks me if I would do it again I can say I have done it 3 times. Well on a lighter note if I have to have a new band put in does that mean I have to go join the July group...or can I stay here with everyone...I know I now have dual membership (January and July)...lol.

Edited by confused

It's been so long I don't even know how to search for pics!

Confused, boy, I sure feel for you. And I can imagine how you are feeling. Hang in there. And of course you have to stick with us!! That's the rules!!

Sheila, you look wonderful. What a great picture of you!

I'm plugging away on the pouch diet. Gonna start all over again today. Weight is down but haven't hit the scale just yet this morning. Early and I'm doing (or not doing it appears) some paperwork! I feel really good and strong in my resolve!

Well it's the morning of surgery and I will be leaving shortly. I just wanted to tell everyone to have a lovely morning. I will write and let everyone know what they did to me when I get home.

Well wish me luck, talk to everyone later.

Hello everyone. I got home from the hospital on sunday after having surgery on friday. Surgery was ruff. The surgeon told my hubby he couldn't just take out the Fluid and pushing the band back up. He then had to take the whole band apart and put it where it's suppose to be around the stomach. He also told my hubby that he was real close to just taking it out and not putting it back in. So I'm still a bandster.

I'm still so sick..I just want to stop feeling sick. I go for a check up on Thursday this week. Well every day that goes by I am getting a little bit better.

Wow Confused, it sounds like a mess inside. But I'm guessing if the surgeon thought is was okay to leave it there, then you'll be on your way soon. I hope you heal fast and the pain is tolerable.

I'm frustrated. I did the pouch diet, lost 2 pounds (four total but I wasn't going to count the first two) and then decided to give it a go for another week. I did pretty well...no cheating but not completely according to the guidelines because we had unexpected company (friends had a vehicle accident and we stuck here for almost from Mon-Frid. Then, we take off and go to friends..no dinner on friday nite, they didn't do any Breakfast or lunch so I ate a couple of muffins, then dinner was basically normal. Oh, and I was down another two pounds, then started my period on Friday.... So I come home and weigh myself on Sunday afternoon, thinking I probably had a good loss due to lack of eating...Sunday was breakfast and then dinner. And I'm up!!! Right where I started.

So, I'm thinking, the hell with it. Even when I reduce the calories...I don't lose. Grrrrr.... Well, I'm still trying to eat right. Idon't normally skip meals. But still, it really pisses me off. I think most likely the problem was lack of calories....

Thats my rant.

Hello everyone...I have been home a week now and I seen the doctor Thursday. I'm healing good. The sick feeling finally went away when he upped my food from clear to full liquids. I will be on full liquids until further notice. I don't know what he did to me though because I have been wanting milk...I hate milk, I never drink milk...milk tastes sour and gross even if it is fresh. But now since surgery all I want is milk, and it taste's so good...lol...I also have a craving for cottage cheese, so i'm looking forward to mushy's so I can have cottage cheese. I'm a side and stomach sleeper, so to just be able to lay on my side's to sleep is a good day, can lay on my stomach a little bit before i have to turn...everyday is getting better.

Confused, so glad you are doing good. Funny about the craving tho. Milk is not my thing, but I'm sticking with my Protein Drinks in the morning.

Alls well here...busy weekend. Weight not jumping around. I'm going to mind my p's and q's this week tho!! Time to get after that weight loss.

Well 2 weeks ago I was bumped up to baby/mushy foods..that's always a good thing. I started classes again so it makes it easy to eat something for lunch. 2 of the scars that I had told the doctor about was dark purple and it concerned me..well I'm don't so concerned anymore they busted open and drained....so I had an infection. I have also realized that when I call to freak out about something like that I want my doctor or his assistant that I know, not the on call doctor because I have never meet that doctor and he was just a pain to deal with. I spent a week on antibactics that made me feel worse then the infection. I see the doctor on wednesday and I will keep everyone posted.

Hope everyone is doing good. Everyone have a happy holiday tomorrow. Stay safe.

HI All,

Looks like many have disappeared, just like me. Anyone game to get going together? I am shooting for January with a full regime of doing what I'm supposed to do. I've ordered a diet book that Dr. Phil is recommending..the 17 day diet..and will do that, plus, have almost got my mini-workout room back in order.

Don't know if anyone stops by anymore, but I'm going to be here and if not here, then somewhere to get support. I've stayed the same weight and just holding....not up or down...and it is time to get serious again. But not going to set myself up for this before the holidays. Just to maintain at this time of year is what works for me.

Hope all is well.