Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Jammin January '07 Bandsters

Juno and Confused, sounds like you are doing terrific and have great goals.

Juno, have heard and checked out the couch 2 5K thing but haven't seen the programs for the squats and pushups..where is that?

I'm doing fine. Have lost weight, besides the "reduction" weight. Am not supposed to do anything strenous for about 6 weeks and get the stitches out on Wednesday. Not really looking forward to that at some level. But I am so happy with how they are looking! I need to get out and do some bra shopping....ahhh, I might be able to get something cute!! Imagine that!

I'm hoping to start walking soon...maybe tomorrow. Sort of depends on the pain level and such. It isn't bad, but I don't want to aggravate anything. I sort of over did myself this weekend with chores!!

are you still checking this sight?

Glad all is going well with the surgery!

The squat program is at two hundred squats, and you can link to the pushups from there. There's also a situps program. I decided to put the squats on hiatus because my one inner thigh feels a little overdone. The running is more important to me right now so I want to make sure my leg is rested up.

I've also been having this strange pain in my left calf. Whenever I kneel down, I get this super sharp pain in what feels like the deep tissue part of my upper shin muscle (if that makes any sense). There's no bruising, so I don't think it's an injury. And I can't reproduce the pain by pressing on the area. I can't figure it out. Hoping to get a venous doppler done this week to rule out a DVT. Any ideas?

Juno, you're very inspiring. I did some walking this weekend, but not sure I'll do running. My lower back has been killing me off and on for a year. I think I need to do the crunches and back strengthing first. I noticed that the more I play/work on the computer, the more aggravated it is...poor posture I suppose.

Got my stitches out last wedneday and the doc says the breasts and healing looks good. Can get into the Water in a week (spa retreat planned) and then about two more weeks before I can do "strenous" activities. I am really happy with the reduction so far. Need to get on board with eating again...or not eating, as the case may be!!

Well I have done it again...started running after not doing for a month, and it felt so good I pushed myself to far and to fast...I have stressed my leg again...I refuse to take the month off from exercising and wear that darn walking boot again. I have promised DH that I won't run until the leg is fully healed so I have decided I will just walk...I hate walking I don't feel like I get a good enough workout just walking. I have been having a pity party the last couple of days, I just feel like since I haven't reached my goals I'm a loser, a failure of some sort. My DH tells me to look at where I'm at and where I have come from...I know poor me right. Just tired of the doctor asking me when I'm going to finish this journey and meet the goals.

ooowwweee, confused...be careful and stop over doing it. Walking is good...maybe find a hill or a weight vest to get some additional burn!!

Sunshine...are you vacationing or?? Any side effects from the HCG? I'm reading up on it, but I've just began to research it.

Alright I honestly don't know why I had the pitty party the other day...went and got weighted and measured yesterday and I'm down 4 pounds and 3 inches, and that's great because out of the 10 pounds and 8 inches i put back on because they over filled me and had to take out all the restriction, and then of course replace most of the restriction...we all know how it goes...I now only have 6 pounds and 5 inches to be on track with my ticker tape signature. Not bad for a person who was told running all over the hospital drawing blood wasn't exercise...my doctor told me that wasn't exercise because you start and stop...i call it intervals (get the heart rate up, then slow down, then amp it up again). The leg is healing nicely, I haven't been wearing the walking boot, but I haven't been doing anything that puts unnecessary strain or pressure on it. I really want to run just to see if it's healed enough for a slow run. Hope everyone is doing great...the weather is finally starting to look and feel good here in Indiana, and it's a real mood lifter. Well everyone enjoy your day!!!! :smile:

Hey peeps! Well, I overdid it a bit myself last week. I pretty much gave up on the pushups and squats. The squats were WAY too much with the running program. That is still going good, though I missed a day this week. I'm repeating week 2 just to make sure I got it. Plus, it's getting warmer here, and running in 75 degrees is a lot different than running in 55 degrees!

You guys sound like you're doing well. Keep up the good work. I need to get motivated to exercise, but winter just won't go away here and I wanna go walk!! I'm doing a little...need to get my core stronger as my back is killing me sometimes.

Going to a Hot Springs for an over nighter tomorrow...work but I'm going to play too!!

Hello everyone, just swinging by since its been so long since I visited..........

Sula, I know what you mean about winter not wanting to go away, but I think it finally is where I live. Today is 83 degrees, so I'm hoping it stays this way.

Juno - dang girl 200 swats? You go girl! There is no way I could do that. Does sound like a bit much with your running program, so I'm glad your giving it up, you don't want to "over do" it for sure. It could result in injuries, and trust me, I've had it happen to myself by over doing it. Then it sets you back because you have to wait for the injury to heal, its a vicious cycle.

Confused - good job on the 4 lb loss, you are getting back on track. Sometimes we all need a pitty party, gawd knows I've had plenty of them. lol

are you still checking this sight?

Yes, but probably not as much as we should, everyone is so busy and its hard to get back here sometimes. How are you doing?

I thought I would update everyone on my progress. I'm finally into the 140's, first time in the 140's since 1988. I weighed in a few days ago at 149.9, barely in the 140's but I'm in. I've been hanging there for the past few days.

I've been on and off the HCG program, I order mine from India and mix it myself, it cost so so so so much less than the US. I also ordere Latisse which cost me $10 vs $120 in the US. My eyelashes are amazing! I love it!

Besides the band, the HCG diet is the best thing I have discovered. If I had discovered it before the band, not sure if I would have even gotten the band. Its really giving me amazing results, I am just in shock at how much my body has changed. Not just weight, but the inches, it has given me curves, shrunk my thighs (I never could shrink my thighs). I am really pleased with it.

I am going to end the HCG at the end of the month and do a 3 weeks (phase 3) and 3 week (phase 4) program - its basically maintenance to reset your hypathalamus and thryroid, then I head out for my cruise. When I get back from the cruise, I will do one more short round of HCG, about 23 days. This should put be at goal.

My original goal was 145, but now I want to get to 135. The best thing I found is I logged my wieght into fitday.com, and it came back that my bmi was 24.89, which is in the "healthy" range. I'm no longer overweight, I was so excited!

I just don't want to be at the top of the charts, and getting down to 135 will put me closer to the middle, it gives me a little wiggle room.

Life has been busy on my end, as I know it has with everyone else. I hope all is well and your families are doing great. I wish everyone a great summer too, I'm really looking forward to my summer and vacation time with my family.

PS, I got one more little fill, and I might have overdone it a bit, I can eat meat and everything, but I'm finding I am having bad hurt burn and acid reflux in the evening. I'm trying to ride it out for a week or so and see if it loosens up.

Sunshine, That is terrific. I did a little looking at the HGC but decided it wasn't for me. Maybe I'll change my mind down the road aways..who knows. I've not been moving much on my weight or exercise. Trying to eat a little more balanced however and this week has been good.

I am two months out from my breast reduction and am very pleased. It is so nice to be comfortable!!

I'm going to make a better effort to check in here because I know I do better when I do!!

Sunshine, That is terrific. I did a little looking at the HGC but decided it wasn't for me. Maybe I'll change my mind down the road aways..who knows. I've not been moving much on my weight or exercise. Trying to eat a little more balanced however and this week has been good.

I am two months out from my breast reduction and am very pleased. It is so nice to be comfortable!!

I'm going to make a better effort to check in here because I know I do better when I do!!

that's great ur doing good after breast reduction. I agree with u on the HCG diet, I don't think anyone should do it unless they are totally commited, it's very strict and any wavering from the diet can cause weight gain. It took me a lot of research and an article I read is what convinced me to try it. It wasn't the article itself, it was a negative article but it was all th comments after the article. Hundreds and hundreds of comments disputing the article. It convinced me to just try it. The first 10 days were he'll, lots of carb withdrawals, but then it got so easy. There us no way I can do it over the next few months because of all the traveling we are doing, so I have ended it and now on a maintenance phase.

I am really restricted now too, I am finally to a sweet spot - I love it! Tonight we went out for Mexican and I could only eat about 1/3 or less of my meal. I got very full fast. My band will keep me from over eating during the next few months while I'm doing the maintenance phase.

Now I must get back to my exercise routine and hit it hard!