Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Jammin January '07 Bandsters

So sorry guys that I've been MIA. Life has just got so busy, lots of layoffs at work, which means I have a lot more to do. sigh.

Anyhow, I've been on the HCG diet for 39 days now, taking a break from it for about week due to some commitments and entertaining, but will jump back on it around 4/2.

I started putting on weight, and I found out about HCG, combined with my band, its working beutifully. If you want to know more about it, google Pounds and Inches by Dr. Simeon (sp?). Its a must read.

Anyhow, below is my progress:

Day 1 - loading days 179.8

Day 2 - 178.5 (another loading day)

Day 3 - First day of VLCD 179.8

Day 4 - 176.2

Day 5 - 175.6

Day 6 - 173.4

Day 7 - 172.4

Day 8 - 171.1

Day 9 - 168.9

Day 10 - 168.9

Day 11 - 168.8

Day 12 - 169.0

Day 13 - 168.2

Day 14 - 167.6

Day 15 - 167.5

Day 16 - 166.9

Day 17 - 165.8

Day 18 - 165.4

Day 19 - 164.8

Day 20 - 166.1 (started cheating)

Day 21 - 167.1

Day 22 - 166.8

Day 23 - 165.3

Day 24 - 164.8

Day 25 - 163.7

Day 26 - 163.3

Day 27 - 162.4

Day 28 - 161.2

Day 29 - 162.4

Day 30 - 161.2

Day 31 - 162.3

Day 32 - 162.2

Day 33 - 161

Day 34 - 161 - My body is stalling big time!

Day 35 - 161.7

Day 36 - 159.3 FINALLY BROKE THE STALL

Day 37 - 158.1

Day 38 - 158.8

Day 39 - 158 - Last dose of HCG

Total loss 21.8 pounds!!!!! I probably would have lost 25 or so if I had not fallen off the wagon, but I am happy with my results. Smallest I have been in a looooong time. My size 8's were very very tight, moved up to a 10, now back into my 8's and they are loose. Yay!

I will post more often, I need to catch up and reading about everything in here and see whats been going on with everyone else. Missed you guys!

Tonya, that is freaking amazing! Way to go, girl!

Thanks Maria! I'm so pleased with the results. Not sure if I could do it without the band? But I belong to a yahoo group of HCG dieters, and they are doing it without the band, so Maybe I could? But I'm thankful I have my band too.

I am still searching for the sweet spot and probably need one more fill. I've finally found some restriction. The doctor quit taking all my fill out and just continues to add each time and that made a world of difference.

Another think about the HCG is it melts inches like crazy. My thighs have never been this small. I'm pear shape so my thighs are my problem area, and it really has done wonders for my thighs.

I ordered my HCG online from a overseas pharmacy, the clincis in my town charge $700. Its crazy! I got mine for $45, the yahoo group I belong to all use the pharmacy so I knew it was trustworthy one. I learned how to mix it on Youtube, so I didn't need the clinic!

Anyhow, my last dose was yesterday and I will not start it again until 4/3. I am taking a week off.

I hope everyone else is doing good.

Today was my first day of solid food, and I was pleasantly surprised to find I have a decent amount of restriction. My first real food was an antipasto salad for lunch of which I truly ate about 1/2 cup and felt full. Amazing.

Here's what I ate. I still have to put it in my tracker to see how I did on Protein.

7:00a - 1/2 Special K Protein shake (they are gross, never again!) and a cup of coffee with a bit of sugar

10:00a - 3oz cottage cheese

12:30p - 1/2 cup antipasto salad with turkey and ham and salami and veggies

4:00p - 1 cup skim milk with 1 scoop of Protein powder.

dinner coming up will be a bit of taco meat with cheese and pico de gallo.

What do you think?

Juno - looks good to me, I like adding a TBSP of Peanut Butter to my Protein shakes. It gives you the healthy fats, and a little bit of flavor (only if you like peanut butter). I buy the pure Omega -3 Peanut Butter, smart balance is the name. Seems to keep me full longer too.

I am sooooo looking forward to my Protein Shakes next week while i'm off the HCG. Today is day 2 off of the medicine, but I still have to follow the diet because it takes 72 hours for it to leave your system.

Next week I will just eat normally and watch my weight very closely. I'm curious to see if it stabalizes like they say it does.

I can't believe I am going to have to go shopping again! All my 8's are literly falling off of me, Its crazy! I spent a fortune on clothes last summer, my DH is going to die of poverty with all my shopping excursions. lol. I am going to have to repeat it this summer it looks like. I am going to wait though until I'm at goal before I shop anymore. I am just going to have to wear belts and make these clothes work for me!

Leaving for Mexico next month for a 4 day trip to Puerto Vallarto, so I'm excited about that. Plus its a totally free trip! My cousin won a trip at her company and gets to take 1 guest, she took me last year too, and its an all inclusive 5 star resort, all the booze and food is included. I plan on just lounging around the pool the entire time. Then we (my DH and kids and I) are leaving in July for a 8 day cruise (only 115 more days - but who is counting?). I am sure hoping to be at goal by then!

Well, lots to do today at work so I better get with it.

Talk to everyone later.

Girl, you are making me insanely jealous with your vacation talk! I'll be lucky if I get a long weekend away this summer! We are hoping little Vinny is a better sleeper than my daughter was/is. That way, we might be able to get the grandparents to keep them for a few days. Wishful thinking...

I like the PB idea. Usually, I don't use a blender though, so it's just powder and milk and a shaker cup. The Special K shake was ready to drink, and it was pure nastiness. I'm hoping DH will drink the rest.

BTW, scale is down 3lbs!

BTW, scale is down 3lbs!

Great!!!! Your doing good!

I remember the days of being a new mother, and you have two little ones at home (my kids are 25 mos. a part) and I remember how hard that is. Let alone to try and eat right. sigh. Im amazed you are sticking to the program with all that is going on in your life! You get an A+!!!!

I stopped taking the HCG on 23 (or my last dose was on the 23rd)

Last night, 48 hours after my last dose, the hunger came on. And some major cravings.

I made a suger free chocolate, made with coconut oil 1/2 cup, and 1 TBSP of coco powder, 2 tsp of stevia, 1 tsp of vanila, a squirt of Agave nectar, and 1 big heaping TBSP of Peanut Butter, mixed it all up and poured into a plastic container, and placed in the freezer for 5 minutes.

I broke it up into pieces and planned on eating it thru the week. Well.....................one piece led to another, and another and before I knew it, I ate the entire bag! I was so scared to step on the scales this morning, I just knew I had gained, but nope, lost another pound! crazy! I did drink a lot of Water yesterday. But I ate so much of that chocolate, my stomach hurt! Made me sick, lol. But it was good. :tt1: I've heard coconut oil speeds up the matabolism, wondering if its true? Anyhow, I'm happy no gain for me!

My goal is to maintain the next week, so far so good.

Hello to all Jan 07 Bandsters. It has been a long time since I have posted. Hope everyone is still doing great! I have been slacking on my Protein so I just ordered some liquid whey and have joined Snap fitness so I hope I can get on a roll and lose the last 20-25lbs I want to lose.

Well today is Wednesday and I ran on Monday, even lifted some weights. I hadn't exercised in so long I'm out of it. I mean I couldn't run the whole time like normal, couldn't breathe right either..But I kept going, and the weights I added because my arms need some special attention again. Well my arms are sore and I didn't do that many reps or that much weight. I will be back out on the treadmill tomorrow. I can't workout as regular as I would like because of my class schedule and within the next couple of months even that schedule will change. Well the 18th was my 3 years since my band, I texted all my friends and was like I'm not happy with where I'm at yet, but I am happy about where I'm not at. I'm happy that I'm NO longer 233.9 pounds and a size 20/22. I'm not at goal and I keep having to see numbers that I don't like..it never fails though because everytime I get a couple of numbers away from my goal I sabotoge myself and then go visiting places that I have already seen, that makes me feel bad, then I go back to being almost at goal and then the circle starts again. I still not the size that I was, and really I'm not the size that I wanted to be, I'm smaller...yippie! Now I'm working on the numbers goal.

Hey Confused,

looks like we are kinda on the same wagon...are you getting your Protein in? I stopped losing exactly 1yr after surgery but I stopped counting Protein and stopped buying my Liquid Protein cause of the cost but I just reordered and now I'm ready to get back on the wagon. I have played back and forth with about 10lbs since then but I want to get to my goal and I'm thinking about a Tummy Tuck.< img src="https://s.bariatricpal.com/uploads/emoticons/default_smile.png" alt=":)" srcset="https://s.bariatricpal.com/uploads/emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Hey Confused,

looks like we are kinda on the same wagon...are you getting your Protein in? I stopped losing exactly 1yr after surgery but I stopped counting Protein and stopped buying my Liquid Protein cause of the cost but I just reordered and now I'm ready to get back on the wagon. I have played back and forth with about 10lbs since then but I want to get to my goal and I'm thinking about a tummy tuck.:thumbup:

I don't do protein anymore unless I'm sick or I have been filled. Protein drinks are an easy food, if you think about it. I have stopped doing everything it seems like. I haven't been able to exercise because with me running all over the hospital for 8 hours I'm to tired to think, let alone care about exercise after I get home. Right now I'm on the 5am till 1 pm shift, and believe it or not these hours aren't bad, but you do need a power nap when you get home. I feel I'm lucky if anything around the house gets done, thank god for kids and husbands. I'm lucky if I eat at all, last week I don't know if it was nerves but I was so sick no matter what it was, this week I'm eating but just not a lot, just till I feel full.

Hey good luck on that Tummy Tuck goal, you will make and things will be fine...just have faith.

Hey gang, how is everyone doing.

Louisianagirl - good to see you back online. Seems like many of us are down to our final 20-25 pounds, its the hardest to lose I have found!

I have about 20 more to go I think, maybe just 15. I'm at 155 and would like to get to 135 or 140. I was thinking 145, but now I think I want to go slightly lower.

I'm thinking about a Tummy Tuck too, maybe next year. :smile2:

Confused - I know its sooooo hard to fit exercise in, I do great for awhile, then I slack. Right now, I've been slacking. I must get back into the grove of things! Now that spring is on its way, I'm going to start riding my bike and get some kind of exercise that way.

I took a break from my HCG diet - its also called a "Planned interruption" for a week. Well, I was supposed to eat low carb, and I started out that way, but before you know it, I was eating everything in sight, and I had over indulged in some alcohol on my girls weekend. Put on 7 pounds!!!!!! Grrrrr. Well, I started back on the HCG again last Thursday (4/1) and have lost 5 of the 7 I gained.

I learned my lesson, I'm planning another interruption this month on 4/22 thru 4/25 when I go to Puerto Vallarta, but this time, I will be more sensible and not eat just because its there. I'm going to stick to good Proteins and EXERCISE and limit my fruity alcohol drinks on the beach! I plan on taking some crystal light and getting some vodka shots for my drinking.

Anyhow, hope everyone is doing good and had a great weekend.

Wow, Tonya, that is all very interesting. I'm going to do some reading.

I am almost one week out of my breast reduction surgery and feel like I'm doing really great. I'm off work for two weeks, but feel like I could probably do a bit more, but decided to give myself some time. I have to say, it hasn't been bad at all and my mom came over to help...she is astounded at how active I've been. So, I go into the doc for a checkup on Wednesday and maybe have the drains out. It is going really well so far.

Sula -- glad everything went well with the surgery!

I need more fill, and I'm so bummed because I have to reschedule my appt. I have lost 5 or 6lbs, so not horrible. I'm going to work for another 10 before I go back -- I have till June, so that should be do-able. I'm back at work full time, and next week I start back to the gym. I know exercise will help too.

Where's everyone at? How are you all doing out there? I've lost a couple more pounds. Yay! This week I started the couch to 5k program (c25k.com), and next week I'm going to add in the two hundred squats and one hundred pushups programs on the off days. I finally found something to work into my crazy schedule.

Tell me what you are up to!

well I was just thinking I should log in and say HEY. I made it through clinicals, as of 3pm yesterday I am now a certified phlebotomist. In another year I will be a degreed Medical Assistant. So now all my craziness is over for the time being, now I have to figure out how to put me back into the loop of things again, and not just on the weekends. I couldn't exercise for the last month because of the crazy hours and I was just so tired when I would get home...I know NO excuss, the doctor said the same thing when I say him last week. My husband has now put a challange out on the table for me, to run 1000 miles and at the end of that 1000 miles will be something that I really want. He hasn't said what the prize is but knowing my hubby it's good...he didn't give me a time limit either, but if I want the prize I will work harder then I every have before to get it. I was going to start working on that this morning, but I didn't because I had some other stuff to do that I wasn't able to do while I was on my clinicals. So I guess it starts tomorrow on a weekend...maybe I'm just ment to be a weekend warrior..lol.