Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I just went to lunch with a former co-worker and had chicken with peanut sauce at a Thai restaurant just a block from my house. Not only did I have to dash off to the bathroom twice to PB, but just seconds after I jumped in the car to head back to work I got that tight sensation that so many of us know so well. A pick-up truck was right behind me driving down the small street where I live, and there was no place to pull over until the next corner, so I grabbed a plastic bag in one hand (I'm a dog owner, so I've got 'em everywhere), clutched the steering hand for dear life with the other, and let fly, braking just in time for the stop sign. My aim was damn good, but Lord I hope I never have to do that again.

Has anyone else PBd while driving, or driven while PBing?

AAHHHHH - not a fun experience at all!!!!

I am so scared now - Thai food is my absolute favorite thing ever.

have you ever eaten it without problems?

I am sorry that happened!

Has anyone else PBd while driving, or driven while PBing?

OH MY GOD! I have. I nearly caused an accident. LOL!! I was eating lunch with my 17 yr old son. Things were great. I had a backed potato with blackened chicken. No biggie right? Well I left the restaurant and was feeling fine then it hit. The tight feeling and the pain and the slim and and and. You guys know what I mean. The deer in headlights phenomonon. I turn onto the street heading home from the restaurant and it starts to get better. SO I think to myself it must have went on through. SO I swallow the slime.

EWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!! And sooooooo a mistake. That caused the pain to start all over again and the slime was worse and so was the tight feeling. My darling son was asking if I was OK. I just shook my head and pulled into the first street, opened the door, and let it fly. Bradley the sweet kid rubbed my back and asked if he could do anything. I laughed and said make sure we don't get rearended. My ass of the huge lincoln I drive was in the busy street still. LOL!!! Luckily we did not get hit. But that is the bad part.

I am now at the point I NEED a tissue, hell I need a damn towel to blow my dripping nose. My son finds two Kleenex in the back seat and hands them to me.

OK FOR THE FAINT OF HEART DON'T READ THIS NEXT PART.

As I blow my nose the Kleenex can't hold it all and you guessed it drips out the bottom onto my shirt. EWWWWWW!!! Bradley who had been a trooper during all this suddenly laughed out loud at me. Then said GEEZ MOM!! LOL!!

I laughed so hard but was also embarrassed too. He was good about it all though.

I was fine after that. I should have been right. I still don't know why I PB'd. I took my time and ate slow and didn't drink. It just comes up on me sometimes. I just didn't heed the warning signs the pig that I am I wanted to finish the potato and the chicken. YUM YUM!!

OK that is my gross story. NEXT!!

I have!

Couple of times actually.

we were on a road trip traveling on I-10, going about 73mph. Didnt have much warning with this one. I asked Mike to get me something (I was driving), but it was too late.

another time was just the other day. I was running errands and felt the urge. I turned into a residential neighborhood to open my van door and let it go into the street, but there was some dude cutting his grass. So I drove (flew) down the street (so he wouldnt be suspecious) and there was a kid (teen) riding a bike. Im having a moment here and cant find a private spot to pb in! Finally! I made it to a secluded area just in time.

Me too! Now, I keep a throw-away ziploc container full of paper towels under the seat... just in case, I can grab it quickly and not have to look for a secluded place or save haven! AND the paper towels come in handy!!! Some times there is no advanced warning and you gotta do what you gotta do :-)

I like the plastic baggie idea...I'll have to store some in my truck. It hit me the other day on my way to work and I grabbed an empty Sobe bottle and aimed as well as can be expected when it hits that fast. All I can say is yuck.

I don't know if anyone has figured it out or not but I find no matter how I feel after eating if I drive within 30 minuts to an hour after I get the restriction kick-in. I think it has to do with motion. We got the food sitting in small pouch and then the motion moves it around a bit and then its hurt city. Normally if I can get home within 15 -30 minutes I don't seem to have a problem. I don't PB have only done that once since banding BUT I do get the tight feeling and the pain.

Since the government spent milliions of dollars on the sex habits of the fly maybe we can get them to pop for a few million for some of us to volunteer to check the motion vs just eating problem.

I don't know if anyone has figured it out or not but I find no matter how I feel after eating if I drive within 30 minuts to an hour after I get the restriction kick-in. I think it has to do with motion. We got the food sitting in small pouch and then the motion moves it around a bit and then its hurt city. Normally if I can get home within 15 -30 minutes I don't seem to have a problem. I don't PB have only done that once since banding BUT I do get the tight feeling and the pain..

I have never PB'd, but I have left right after eating and never had a problem with the restriction kick-in either. When we are riding our Harleys, we stop and have Breakfast or lunch a lot, but it has never bothered me. Strange!

Since having children, I have learned to keep boxes of Kleenex everywhere...on end tables, bedside tables, desks, and, yes, in the car. The other day we had driven through Chick-Fil-A and dropped off lunch to my hubby who was working nearby. I nibbled a nugget and got the tightness in my chest as I was leaving the neighborhood. Thankfully noone was behind me and I was able to stop and even put it in park. Well, by this time the slime was just too much for a tissue or two! I had an empty coffee cup in the car and spit it out in there, thinking.. you know? if this were "chew" I'd have an old coke bottle to spit into...yuck. Once I got rid of the big slime, the tissue was fine for the rest. I raised my arms over my head really high (IN the car) and sat for a bit until I quit sliming, shoved the tissues into the coffee cup and drove home. I never PB'd but I sure didn't nibble anything else in the car! Gross!!

I PB all the time, actually 3 times last night. It's only cause I eat too fast. Old habits are hard to break! However, I am going to put a ziplock and paper towels in my car today!

Its happened to me, and when it does, you just grab anything. The first time it happened --all I had were paper towels and that did not hold it, so it all went down the front of my shirt and down my crotch. It was quite disgusting... it scared one of my kids, fascinated another and grossed out my oldest. But now, they are used to it, and still, my oldest has to close her eyes so she doesn't throw up herself (it grosses her out really bad), my Kiki is so fascinated by it, she stretches her little head to see me from the back seat, and JuJu who sits behind me, doesn't know what the hell is going on in the front seat. I wish I would learn to carry papertowels and a spare disposable cup, but I don't and I sometimes have to pull over and do it---anywhere, it comes so fast, I don't care who is there and who is watching, I just want it out..

I have had this happen a couple of times and being a guy, I just rolled the window down and out the side it went.. The other time I was at a stop light and just opened the door. I was in heavy traffic then too. I guess I just didn't care what others thought. My body said it had to come out and it did.

Wade

You guys are soooo funny. It happen to me at a picnic, I just held the spit that was accumulating in my mouth until I found a napkin and turned my back and let it fly. Well there was to much it run out and over the napkin and down my arm. I didn't turn around to see if anyone noticed.I just got another napkin and cleaned up. I am just so shocked at how much spit can gather up so quick! I have also had it happen in the car. I had a empty grocery bag in the car and it worked out fine. Since I had a little unfill I haven't had so much trouble with it. But I am ready for it to happen at any time. I have a grocery sack under the seat with some napkins in it and I have a ziplock with a napkin in my purse. What can you say no one who hasn't had the band would understand???? Oh well I love my band!

Ok, this is making me nervous. Newly banded and haven't pbed yet but first fill is next week. Would you recommend avoiding driving after a fill?

Chris