Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

stuck on everything?

Yesterday I had just the worst suck lunch. I had terriaky ckicken for lunch and after the second bite... WHOO BABY! I didn't PB, but I sure thought I was going to. I got terrible slime, it went down.

Well, snack got stuck. My dinner got stuck, even my brocoli got stuck.

So, I figure that my esophogus was really irritated from the lunch ... mishap.

Okay, first things first, no more terriaky chicken for me.

Second, has anyone else experienced the same sort of thing? I didn't PB so I didn't think I'd have trouble the rest of the day, but was I sure wrong. DH said this will happen to him...

Today, I'm doing soft foods, just to be kind to myself.

Vinesqueen~ I see somehow your post got over looked. It sounds like you had a small pb to me. If you got the slimes then you pb'd. It must have been small enough that once you slimed it got you unstuck and then went down okay. The best thing to do when you slime is spit it out. If you swallow it it sometimes becomes worse and then you will throw up. But I just wanted to say I think you are doing the smart thing going on Soft foods/liquids after that stuck and pb feeling.

Also I CAN NOT EAT BROCCOLI!!!! It gets stuck everytime. Yucky feeling for sure.

Jamie,

If you have slime you pb'? I get the slimy thing happening pretty frequently but nothing ever comes up, at all. I hear the gurgly throat sounds and occasionally I will hiccup a few times but nothing ever yakked up, is that still considered a pb? I have not eaten soft stuff after that and have had no problem the next meal either. You have me sorta concerned now.

j.s.

Jamie,

If you have slime you pb'? I get the slimy thing happening pretty frequently but nothing ever comes up, at all. I hear the gurgly throat sounds and occasionally I will hiccup a few times but nothing ever yakked up, is that still considered a pb? I have not eaten soft stuff after that and have had no problem the next meal either. You have me sorta concerned now.

j.s.

j.s. anytime you have something come up out of your throat... I consider that a pb or Productive burp.Sometimes I get the stuck feeling and within a few minutes the feeling goes away but if that feeling doesn't go away and gets worse then I will start to slime and sometimes it will be even bad enough that I would throw up what was stuck. So my answer is yes I consider sliming a pb. If I actually slime I always go on liquids for 24 hours then go back to eating but just being cautious. After you slime or pb or right after a fill your esophigus sometimes becomes swollen and this will cause you to have a chain reaction of slimes or pb's. Alot of times you will have a pb then if you eat solids your next meal it will happen again and if you don't give your stomach time to rest and release some swelling it will continue to happen and only become worse. Of course depending on your level of restriction. Some people have no problems at all after sliming and can go right on to the next meal and eat just like before but some people depending on their restriction will continue to pb until the swelling subsides. I hope this makes more sence. I didn't mean to worry you. Hope this explains and helps you understand better.

Hey gang, I slime fairly regularly if I don't chew enough or if I swallow too fast after taking too big a bite. Sometimes it's an uncomfortable stuck, sometimes it's worse. I KNOW I have restriction, just not quite enough to keep me full for hours. I'm ready for my fill.

OH! Also, I noticed today that my restriction has increased. I was wondering why until I realized it's "that time of the month" and yes, I got tighter. I have heard people comment about this and it's true for me, too. At least this month!

I don't think I PB'd. DH is the king of BPs and I didn't anything near what he had, nor was it anything like what other people have described as a PB. I didn't have the thick mucus, just extra salivation. Oh and that aweful pain.

Vinesqueen, I've had exactly the same thing happen..(eating too fast and of all things and eggroll*sigh* ) Oh boy the pain was awful. I stood at the sink crying, my poor husband didn't know what to do for me.. Thank goodness I was at home. I also stayed with softer foods for a day afterward..

~Christina~

I find that if something gets suck, even a little bit, then everything sticks that entire day. This is why I don't think it's a PB issue.

I don't think I'm over filled, I'm only at 1 cc.

Oh, and I love my brocoli, I normally don't have any trouble with it either. Heck, my dog loves his brocoli too...

Vinesquenn~ Yeah sometimes you just get that awfull pain and in a few minutes it goes away... but other times it gets worse and it must come up.It sounds like to me you just got something stuck really bad but it is good that it went on down... way better than it getting worse and coming up. I love broccoli but I guess I'm just to fiiled to eat it. It seems to always give me trouble so I just don't eat it. Hope your doing better and won't have any bad stuck or pb episodes for a while!!

Okay, I still don't know if other people have the same problem when they get stuck as I do. However, I did find out some other things.

PBing and getting things stuck are not the same. When you get that "golf ball" feeling it's because you are in the process of strecting your esofogus. But you do get the "golf ball" for the same reasons you PB. Your food was too dry, too rubbery, or you were not being mindful when you were eating. E.g. eating too fast, not chewing properly, taking too large bites, etc.

Hey Vinesqueen, I always slime and never PB. Sometimes I wished I would PB just to get the crap back up. Anyhoo, this is what I call an NSD as in Defeat. I was in Columbia Missouri last week on a sales call and stopped by a little hole in the wall BBQ joint. Well about the easiest meat I can eat is polish sausga ein really small bites. Well How was I supposed to know they don't BBQ sausage in Missouri? We do in Texas so I thought everyone did. Well the only selections were Brisket, chicken and Turkey. The chicken and turkey just looked too dry so I chose the beef plate with small potatoe salad. So I am sitting in this place all by myself at a rather large table. The lunch crowd has just started to trickle in. I slice a pice of beef about the size of a pencil erasure, pop it in my mouth abd chew for days it seems. I take a small bite of potatie salad and life is good. Until the next bite of meat. That is when the no Detour sign was held up at my stomach and traffic came to a halt. Talk about sliming!!!!!!!!!! I had to get up from my plate (not even 1/20th eaten) and walk out the door to my truck and proceed to you know what for about 15 minutes. I swore I would never let that happen in public but lo and behold it did. Amazing I can eat sausage by the yard but one tiny piece of beef (WITH BBQ SAUCE) can bring me to my knees. The worst part was that I was out $11.95....................................................................

I constantly get the PB. Its very hard whether it is with soft food or hard food. However, its wierd, I have no problems with the bad foods like candy bars, chips, etc. But when I do eat the healthy food like broccoli, carrots, apples, off to the bathroom I go. I try to eat healthy and it is hard because I really believe that my body has entered the starvation mdoe. I dont eat at all sometimes because Im always in public and I am afraid of pb in front of people. Some people think I have developed bulimia tendency which suck because I am far from that. I dont know if anyone has had this issue, but I could really need some advice. I went to the Doc and he says that its normal. I'm sleeping half the day because I can't eat to increase energy that I need. I've have two fills back to back, and the more fills I get the worser I feel. SO I stopped getting fills to reduce the problem and I still getting the pb symptom. I was hoping to loosen it, the worst thing I want to do is to drive the 300 miles for a visit if I absolutely don't have to. Please help anyone, I want to loose the weight and no matter what I try its not working. HEEEELLLLLLLLLLLLPPPPPPPPPPP

sdesir, can you at least drink Protein Shakes so that you can get calories and Protein until you figure out what to do? that will at least get you some energy!!! have you tried starting over like you were just out of surgery? liquids, muchies ect.? if that doesnt work i would think that you would need an unfill? :confused2:

sdesir, can you at least drink Protein Shakes so that you can get calories and Protein until you figure out what to do? that will at least get you some energy!!! have you tried starting over like you were just out of surgery? liquids, muchies ect.? if that doesnt work i would think that you would need an unfill? :confused2:

sdesir, that's very good advice (to start from the beginning, i.e. protein shakes, broth, Jello, etc for a few days.) I'm going to have to do the same thing. I slimed and threw up (sorry guys) yesterday and today. Just awful. Thank God I was home and not at work. The pain, as some of you must know, is excrutiating. It happened yesterday on pot roast...small bites, juicy...today on pork cooked in sauce til it fell off the bone. Again, small bites, etc. Now, there have been times I've eaten steak and other things with no problem. But the last two days I've been feeling like a bulimic. Funny thing is that when it's coming out I'm thinking, "Oh Goody, that's less calories." SICKO. Got my band in October, have lost 40 pounds and this is the first time this has happened. I'm glad I read these posts today because I will get off solids for today and tomorrow.

j.s. anytime you have something come up out of your throat... I consider that a pb or Productive burp.Sometimes I get the stuck feeling and within a few minutes the feeling goes away but if that feeling doesn't go away and gets worse then I will start to slime and sometimes it will be even bad enough that I would throw up what was stuck. So my answer is yes I consider sliming a pb. If I actually slime I always go on liquids for 24 hours then go back to eating but just being cautious. After you slime or pb or right after a fill your esophigus sometimes becomes swollen and this will cause you to have a chain reaction of slimes or pb's. Alot of times you will have a pb then if you eat solids your next meal it will happen again and if you don't give your stomach time to rest and release some swelling it will continue to happen and only become worse. Of course depending on your level of restriction. Some people have no problems at all after sliming and can go right on to the next meal and eat just like before but some people depending on their restriction will continue to pb until the swelling subsides. I hope this makes more sence. I didn't mean to worry you. Hope this explains and helps you understand better.

When you speak of sliming are you referring to the saliva that builds up in your mouth that can't be swallowed when something is stuck? Or is that something different? B/C I've gotten stuck many times but have not experienced anything that I would consider "slime" just regular saliva that I go and spit in the toliet until the food goes down. Please advise. Thanks!