Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Fill in Kansas City

That will be cool. I hope you're doing fine. Since I'm a little head of you on this Lap Band journey I will keep you posted about the fills.

I am 3 months out...and yesterday I had my 3rd fill, granted I haven't been the best of patient eating right, and exercise, but I also have NOT had any type of restriction what so ever, and yesterday's appointment was so depressing to me that I went to bed early and got a huge headache from stressing of the ONE pound I gained. I felt like crap sitting int here telling the truth about how I have been not doing what I am suppose to be. And he was not impressed with me at all told me I need to diapline myself much more and I was like how if I don't have any help, your talking to a person that was addicted to food if I thougth I could just disapline myself on my own I would not have given you 17 grand on June 24th, 2008. Was I wrong to think like that. Serioulsy I have ZERO restriction still and I am at a total of 5.5 ccs in my realize band. I am at a loss becasue I can't even tell when the Water is backing up or not I feel that I could have a lil more of an agressive fill than 1.3ccs but there again I never speak up for myself I just clam up and stress over what I should/could have said to demand more!! I am so dumb. :thumbup:

YOU ARE NOT DUMB!!!!! Your just not used to stepping out of your shell and telling people what you want. I was always afraid of hurting someone's feelings. But no more, I can be tactful, but the way I figure it is if I am paying for a service, then I am damn well going to tell you what is going on. Trust in yourself. I live in KC too. I went to Dr. Malley. I do know that he has another doctor with him now. As of the Sept. You might want to check back, they might have more time now. :bolt:

I had my band done by Dr. Ortiz in Tijuana, Mexico on July 25th. I am flying back tomorrow for my first fill. The whole trip is costing $450 including air fare, hotel, van rides, and the fluoroscopy with the fill. I did work hard to find cheap airfare and feel pretty lucky to be flying for so little. I mainly wanted to go back in case something was wrong with my band, they will fix it without charge. Another Dr. Ortiz patient got her fills somewhere else and when she had a slip they told her she'd "voided" the warranty and to pay for the surgery to get it fixed.

That being said, I will probably get subequent fills here if everything is ok after this fill. It's pricey to go back and such a hassle to arrange. Getting child care for my kids, taking 2 days off work, and the plane ride...UGH, lol.

Thanks for posting Tee about KC options, I appreciate it! I made some notes for subsequent fills. I'd like to dream one fill would do it, but somehow I doubt it, lol.

Thanks Sylvia! I WANT to go back to OCC..but the cost and also TIME is a factor for me. But, I adored it there and everyone was so wonderful. Thanks for the info on the "voiding" part....I better talk to hubby about that part!

I am 3 months out...and yesterday I had my 3rd fill, granted I haven't been the best of patient eating right, and exercise, but I also have NOT had any type of restriction what so ever, and yesterday's appointment was so depressing to me that I went to bed early and got a huge headache from stressing of the ONE pound I gained. I felt like crap sitting int here telling the truth about how I have been not doing what I am suppose to be. And he was not impressed with me at all told me I need to diapline myself much more and I was like how if I don't have any help, your talking to a person that was addicted to food if I thougth I could just disapline myself on my own I would not have given you 17 grand on June 24th, 2008. Was I wrong to think like that. Serioulsy I have ZERO restriction still and I am at a total of 5.5 ccs in my realize band. I am at a loss becasue I can't even tell when the Water is backing up or not I feel that I could have a lil more of an agressive fill than 1.3ccs but there again I never speak up for myself I just clam up and stress over what I should/could have said to demand more!! I am so dumb. :thumbup:

Hey Missy,

I'm not going to let you beat yourself up. Just stop it :tt2: No you're not dumb :thumbup: You're just frustrated because the band is a tool that should help you with restriction. Just take one day at a time or one hour at a time. I know that may sound weird. But it actually works for me. I'm a food addict as well. Every minute is a challenge. I'm starting to learn how to think before I eat. I mean I actually have to pause before I put anything in my mouth and think about how will this piece of food effect my weight goal. I too was disappointed after my first fill because I thought I could finally have that restriction that they said the Lap Band would give me. But I don't and it's ok because when I decided to get the Band I made up my mind that this is it I'm going to loose this weight regardless. Yes, going to the store or any place that has food is soooooo challenging. I want the ice cream, the fried chicken, the french fries with the jalapeno pepper, and strawberry soda. Oh my goodness I need to stop. But then I know eating these foods will keep me away from my goal. DON'T BEAT YOURSELF UP IF YOU MESS UP. EVERY MINUTE COUNTS. IF YOU TAKE ONE BITE OF BAD FOOD THEN MAKE SURE YOU STOP AND MAKE A HEALTHIER CHOICE! Our bad eating habits dosen't change over night. Next time you go for another fill express your concerns and let your doctor know that you need the restriction and that maybe he needs to give you more of an agressive fill. I've asked my mom to come in the office with me on my next visit next week. So that she can be a witness to what I tell the nurse that does my fills because if I don't feel some restriction after this second fill I will be going back within that week so that he can adjust it. I just want to encourage you and let you know it will be alright. PLEASE DON'T STRESS!:mellow: RELAX :cool2: RELATE :thumbup: RELEASE :tt2:

HAVE I TOLD YOU MISSY, that your a sweet heart! Thanks I really needed that. I was thinking of calling htis next week and scheduling for a fill if this restriction doesn't kick in! Thanks so much.

Yes, Dr. Malley now has another band doc with him and a Nurse Practioner who does fills. Maybe its new patients they are putting off til January, or maybe with the new doc they are really busy with follow fills!

I think Columbia MO has a fill center usa, you might try them....

and to the person who was talked down too............... Don't let them bully you. Just know that your band is not fully functioning yet... you WILL get restrction... It took me 4 fills before I got too tight.

HAVE I TOLD YOU MISSY, that your a sweet heart! Thanks I really needed that. I was thinking of calling htis next week and scheduling for a fill if this restriction doesn't kick in! Thanks so much.

You're welcome...that's what we're here for to encourage one another. We have to let each other know that we're not on this journey by ourselves and that we're going through the same issues. Let me share this with you real quick. I was planning on going to the store after work and buying some buffalo wings but I've decided just now to purchase chicken breast and put hot sauce on the chicken breast instead. I will have my own version of chicken wings...:mellow: but it will be without the skin of the chicken... unlike the wings. Another thing I will try to accomplish is to work out on my Gazelle for at least five minutes I challeged myself to work up to thirty minutes by the end of October. Another goal that I will be attempting is a very low or no carb month. But you don't have to do what I do. Set your own pace and goals. And if you fall... then oh well get back on the horse and try again. Who knows you better then you :thumbup: So anytime you're feeling blue I will most definitly try to be here for you. I will also lift you up in prayer as I do for myself. I always pray for will power and I will do the same for you. So please remember to send your positive vibes my way. I hope you're feeling my positive vibes right now. And don't forget to set a goal for this week even if its marching in place for one minute or taking out at least one bad food from your meal plan this week. YOU GO GIRL!:thumbup:

WLSC is only $250 and that includes fluoro as well. I made an appointment for my first fill on Octoberr 8th. I'd still love to get into Dr. Malley, but they aren't even taking anyone since they are full until January...;(

yeah...but if you have insurance, they bill 850.00 and your share still comes to 180.00 or so...don't know what gives with that

I have heard now that they are trying to work out a plan of 3 or 6 months check up for either free or a small fee and that will include a fill as well I will be checking into this more closely as well as my last free month is next month it's beena year already...

I have not had a fill in a long time, partly due to billing issues with the dr office

What do you mean? They are too expensive?