Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

surgery in mexico

Guest lisabell

Guest lisabell

Does anyone know anything about Dr Ortiz at the Obesity Control Center in MX? I am a self pay and I have heard a few good things about his program. Any input would be greatly appreciated!

Dr. Ortiz and Dr. Martinez did my sugery exactly 16 days ago. Everything went perfectly. La Madam and Karen B are supporters of Dr. O and M also. Feel free to Pm me with any questions I can awnser for you.

Good luck!

Lindsay

Iam a happy Ortiz patient

I have been going to him for 14 months, for my original surgery and all of my aftercare,fills, check-ups etc.. I was just there on Monday for a fill . He has givin me impecable care, he also preformed a life saving surgery on me ( not band related) 2 months ago that the Dr.'s here would not preform. I think very highly of him and the entire OCC staff. I trust him completely.

Dr. Ortiz banded me on May 25th. I had an excellent recovery and was very impressed by his professionalism and empathy. I was very impressed that he had a phone conference with me when I was trying to decide whether to have the surgery. He was very patient in answering all my questions. He is a real card and a cutie to boot! All his staff were responsive to me. I highly recommend him. I am going to be going back to Dr. Martinez in his office next month for my first fill. I live in Michigan and even though I could get fills here, I so trust Dr. Ortiz and Dr. Martinez that I am willing to fly all the way there again for my fill. They have a lot of experience -- more than any US surgeon. Dr. Ortiz has performed more than 2,000 lapband surgeries. He was worth every penny for this surgery. He gave me a great deal of peace of mind throughout my whole decision-making phase. C an you tell that I a fan? :D

Count me in as an Ortiz fan. Both my sister and I have been banded by him and Dr. Martinez and are very happy with the results...PLUS his stitching is the greatest. I get compliments on my teeny-tiny scars from docs!

I was banded by Dr. Ortiz in Nov.2004 and he was wonderful. I took my best friend down to him in Jan.2005. She was so scared but after talking to him she was just as confident as I am in him. I had a great experience and I'm so confident in him that I would take my teenage daughters to him if they needed it. All of the staff are wonderful!!

LisaWA

Guest lisabell

Thank you so much to everyone who took the time to respond. I called today to schedule a date! Just waiting to hear back from someone. I have been researching for 3 years and i am certian i am making a great decision!

Hello!

I am a very happy Dr. Ortiz and Dr. Martinez patient as well!! I had my surgery on March 2, 2005 and have had a great experience. I went for my first fill on May 6th with Dr. Martinez and was very impressed. You can rest assured that you are in the best hands and that all your questions and concerns will be answered!! Good Luck!!!

Monica

Guest Vlo

Hi everyone,

I am having my lap band placed on July 4 by Dr Ortiz and I am now less nervouse to hear your all say positive things about the OCC. Thanks

Dreamweaver, I wondered if I saw you in his office! I had surgery performed by Dr. Ortiz on May 26th, and I agree, the experience was fine and Dr. Ortiz and Dr. Martinez are WONDERFUL! Very responsive, very kind! I'm not sure if I will be going back for fills as I too, live in Michigan and it was such a long trip. I have a fill appt set up for next week with Dr. Pleatman but I truly just can't decide. Any opinions?

Chris

Dear Seekingtheband,

I think Ortiz/Martinez are the best in the biz!!!!! banded April 1. They are also the cutest, with the greatest bedside manners. And Aurora Ortiz, Junior, everyone associated with them make sure your experience is painless and first class all the way.

You should schedule with Sandy Johnson. One thing I know for sure is Dr. Martinez really wants to do the first fill if at all possible. He is marvelous.

If you want straight answers then ask Dr. Ortiz or Dr. Martinez directly. They will be happy to take your call on there cell phones at anytime (except when in a procedure). Just call and ask Renee in their office for the Doc's phone number.

I don't know about doctor's in your area, but at Dr. Ortiz office you will be taken care of as if you were family.

I live in San Diego conveniently so I can just drive down, but if I didn't I would ask Dr. Ortiz who to see locally. if he doesn't know he will tell you.

Susie

clg8579 --

Yes, you may have seen me. I know that I and 2 of the other ladies who had surgery the same day as me stopped and chatted a couple of minutes with the patients in the waiting room the day after surgery -- so on May 26th. Were you there? How funny if you were. I had no idea any one else from Michigan would have been there.

I also contemplated going to Dr. Pleatman for a fill but I figured that I will at least go the first time back to Mexico. Dr. Pleatman does not do fills under fluro and I felt, for myself, that it is important to have that done at least once. Also, I know someone who had the surgery and did fills in Michigan (not Dr. Pleatman) without fluro and had to have 3 fills over several months before she experienced any weight loss. I WANT RESTRICTION! My flight to Mexico cost less than $500 and I am being a kamikaze and flying down and returning the same day! Going on a Saturday so that I have Sunday to recover. Anyway, I might not make this trip again for the second fill. We will see how this goes first!

By the way, have you asked Dr. Pleatman if he will do the fill under fluro? If he was willing to, and if it was not as expensive as the cost of a ticket to Mexico, I would probably go to him.

Dreamweaver,

No, haven't asked Dr. Pleatman's office but I have asked on various boards and everyone told me he does not do fluro. I know what you mean - I want restriction too! (eager little beaver's aren't we?) ;) Same day flight huh? That's a great idea - very long day though.

I can't remember how much he charges per fill but he will provide all aftercare (no matter how many fills) for two years for $2,000. I know Dr. Ortiz's office doesn't charge for the fills but you pay $100 for the fluro, hotel cost if you stay overnight, transportation costs and air fare. Pretty close when all together I think. I'm planning on calling Pleatman's office on Monday and asking about amount of fill on the first visit - that will probably help me decide. I'll keep you posted. If I don't end up going to TJ, give Dr Ortiz a hug for me (if you tell him it's from Chris Gaiser he'll get a kick out of it - apparantly right after surgery I was crying and grabbed him around the neck and hugged him). Amazing what you'll do when you're drugged :)

Chris