Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Newbie to be banded

Hi!

I am new to the board.

I am scheduled to have the Lapband on 09/29.

I am both excited and apprehensive.

I joined this board hoping to find some support for the changes coming into my life as a result of the surgery.

I in turn hope to be a support to those on this board also as my experience allows.

Any advice and tips are appreciated.

Just a few facts about me you may like to know.....

I am the mother of 6 children ages range from 25-11 one girl (she's the oldest! and five boys)

My highschool sweetheart and I have been married for 26 wonderful years

I work full time as an Insurance Agent for a major Property and Casualty insurer

I love quilting and spending time with my family

I have learned through the pre-op liquid diet that I am an emotional eater.

I am having a really hard time sticking to the diet but I am trying.

I am so glad to have found this site and look forward to making some great friends!

:embaressed_smile:

Hi Sash and welcome! :cursing: First I have to say your dog is ADORABLE. I have two shih-tzu hounds that are my babies. Seriously...they outrank my hubby by 7 yrs. :cool2: LOL!

Anyway, I too will be banded on the 29th. YIKES! That's not very far away. :tt2: I start my pre-op diet on Mon.:mellow: I'm not looking forward to it. I have had major anxiety for the last week. I'm only worried about the anesthesia part. I hate waking up from it as I once had a bad experience. However, that was 12 yrs. ago and I know how much medicine has improved since then.:embaressed_smile:

Good luck to you!

Good Morning,

I am also being banded on the 29th of this month. I am already starting my 5th day of the pre-op plan which for the most part has been ok except on day 3, that was the roughest. I am also in the process of getting rid of all this cold congestion I have to make sure I wont have any issues surgery day.

I am 34 years old and live in Tampa. No children or husband. I too also work as a insurance agent for a large insurance company. I wish you the best of luck in your new banding.

Once you start your pre-op plan you will see that it isnt so bad and so far I have been 100%

Good Morning,

My name is Mutt, I was banded on 9/19. You ladies should be very proud of yourselfs for getting this surgery. A little about myself, I too am married to the love of my life for 26 yrs. I work for the City of Saint Augustine, FL. My starting weight pre diet was 293, current as of 9/19 am was 273. I felt that the pre op diet for me was easy, I guess I just focused on the fact that the pre op diet was basically to shrink the liver to make easyer for the doctor, im not crazy about surgery and want to help the doctor as much as possable. If you have any other questions please feel free to ask.

9pdmnm5 I too have had a hard time recovering from the anastesia myself. That is one of my main concerns. I am hoping this time will be better.

I go for what my Dr's office calls Bariatric University on Monday and do my preop at the hospital right after.

Pradice73 I hope you feel better soon.

I am so excited to find some buddies to walk through this process with.

I will be on here frequently as I want to be prepared for whatever may

come.

Thanks for the encouragement Mutt!

I know I need all the help I can get.

Hi. I'm also getting banded 9/29. I've been married for 19 years, have 3 boys and am starting my preop diet tomorrow. I'm excited and anxious to just get on with it already. I'm a NICU nurse and love what I do, but am looking forward to shrinking so it's easier to do my job. 9pdmnm5 and I are being banded by the same surgeon, and have been chatting. It definitely helps to have someone you can talk to. Good luck, and keep in touch!! 1 week from tomorrow!!! YAY!!!!:embaressed_smile:

I went for my preop today and if it weren't for my husband I probably would not have completed it. I am getting a little nervous. Make that alot nervous.

He really encouraged me it is the right thing to do and reminded me it is something I have waited to do for a long time.

I guess it is normal to be nervous.

On a good note.....

There was a lady in the class my Dr requires we take and she was 4 years out (her husband was having the procedure this time she was there to support him) she said she would never allow someone to take her band out. If they ever tried she said they'd have to fight her for it. I guess that says alot.

It made me feel a little better.

I guess I am just afraid of the unknown.:redface:

I think without this surgery I would have a snowballs chance in hell to ever reach my goal.

So I guess I just have to work through the fear and keep my mind on the positives.

Does anyone have any thoughts?

I have my preop appt thurs. A lot of people have been congratulating me tonight (I'm at work) on having my surgery so soon (next Mon). What they don't know is its been a long road coming and I've been waiting for a long time. With everyone talking about it, I'm kind of getting nervous. I still don't think I believe it's actually going to happen.

Way to stick with it! And keep in touch, we're at a similar place in our "journey". Take care!

ambraberger, yes the people here are very supportive of my surgery too. I will keep in touch on a daily basis as I need to talk to other people who know what I am going through. I appreciate your encouragement.

Thanks

Good Luck to you all!

May you have a great surgery without any complications!

Sash