Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

7 months, slow losing, definite progress

Hi all -

I don't post much, but I do come to the boards often. Everyone is doing so well, I have a hard time knowing that I am such a slow loser. About 45 pounds compared with all these 70 - 100 pounds I am reading about.

I just took my 7 month pictures, and although I am a really slow loser, I am losing.

I started at 253, currently 208...hoping to break that 200 mark by Halloween.

Here are my before and current pictures - horrible, tight outfit on purpose - hopefully, at some point, it will actually look good.

post-228761-13813137608945_thumb.jpg

post-228761-13813137609491_thumb.jpg

Wow Anna - looking great. You can totally see that you've lost weight. Feels so fantastic, doesn't it? Seven months ago I would never have believed how far we come so fast.

Edited by Ezma

I'm also a slow looser, so I totally know what you mean about your 45 lbs compared to 70-100 by other people. But the proof is in the pictures...you look great!

Anna, you look great! Keep it up!

You look great!! Losing is losing no matter how fast or slow it is, keep up the good work!!

And, I bet if we did a poll, most VV's have lost between 40-60 lbs, as opposed to 70-100. I haven't even lost 60 yet. But, it's good to lose slowly! this isn't a race and you have nobody to beat here.

You look fantastic!!!!!!!keep up the wonderful job. im 50lbs down since my band in 7/31/08 ...i have good days and then bad so it comes with the territory.

Wow! 50 pounds in 7 weeks? Dang, I'm jealous. Good for you.

You look great. I am in the same place. I was banded in Feb 08 at 262 lbs. As of today i weigh 220. we'll get there!

You're doing great Diva. I think Crystal is very right when she says that most of the VVs are right in the same range as you. Most of us that have lost closer to 100 pounds had a lot more to lose. And some, like me are counting from our first surgeon's appointment or highest weight. In my 105 pounds off is the 18 from the 6 month weight monitor required by my insurance and the 16 from the 2-week pre-op diet. I've lost 72 since surgery and have a bit over 100 left to go. I do find myself getting discouraged at times too. I feel envious that I'm not closer to my goal like some people in our group. Don't get me wrong, I'm ecstatic for them, just wish it were me too. I still have a long road ahead of me but I don't see me failing (if I can stay away from the ice cream :tongue2:) since it's the way I live now. It has to come off eventually.

Discouragement is a common emotion; believe me, when I was 4 weeks with NO changes I was low, and somewhat depressed. The VV's have been keeping me going, and finally, I am losing agina - but slowly. A half a pound for each of the last 2 weeks. So that's 1 pound in 6 weeks. But as Ezma says, if we manage to keep 'on the program' it will come off - it just HAS to!

Tap - Are you close to your goal? Because you've been so good that I can't see why it's not flying off you. Do you have good restriction? What does your doctor say about why you're losing so slow? Just curious about whether or not anyone is helping you with this. Do you think there's any reason why you aren't losing? Thyroid, portion size, life's cruel twist of fate? I feel so bad that you are fighting so hard and not getting anywhere. I wanna help.

Good questions Ezma. Let's see - I have good restriction (but not too tight - I know what that is like, I had it in May - OUCH!). Portion Control - I wondered about that so about 3 weeks ago, out came the measuring cups etc. I'm good on those. Water consumption - never been a problem, I easily surpass the quota as I like Water.< /p>

When I talked with the nurse, she believes it is because I yo-yo dieted for many decades. My body is still adjusting to this change, and will probably take a year to finally believe (and respond appropriately) that it is a new lifestyle. I abused my body for many years;payback is a B***h!!

Exercise, well, as you know, I now am committed to exercising 7 times a week - my original 4 (which I have been doing FAITHFULLY since June) plus the recently added 3 additional. I'm anxious to see how this will work out after a month or more (it's only been 3 weeks).

I do think the nut addiction was a problem - although high in Protein, they are also high in fat. My total calories may have been ok, but the proportion of fat calories was high, so maybe that has been a factor. October is the true test - the lower fat calorie choices, increased exercise, and extra vigilance with measuring etc. If this doesn't work, I'll...I'll...I'lll...well I don't know what I'll do, but I will do something!!

Edited by tapshoes
punctuation