Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

:sad:I am on the 3rd day of my pre-op diet and I am being banded on the 29th but I am SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO hungry. I wanna cry and go to bed

What kind of diet are you on?? I was on a less than 50gm per day of carbs. I guess it depends on your doctor. Anytime I got hungry I would have some Protein or a small salad with ranch dressing. You can do it!!!

Hang in there Patty, you will have those ups and downs, and I know those downs can be so terrible. It got a little easier for me after day 4. Try to get out of the house and away from food as much as possible and stay busy. Drink as much Water as you can take in and get that Protein in. It is hard but you can do it and in the end will be so proud of yourself!

Be tough! Be tough!!! I 100% know what you are going through...as do many people...but I was just there 3 days ago.

I'm on day 6 and it really has got a bit better. My constant headache is easing up and I don't feel too hungry, or I don't notice it anymore...until I see food or prepare food. That still sucks bad.

I'm on a very strict preop diet too..I'm only allowed 16 oz of Protein supplement, which gives me 400 cals and then I get broth and sf jello/popcicles...So I'm guessing I'm having about 500-600 cals a day for 10 days.

I've tried to stay out of the kitchen and I have been going to bed early with tylenol pm...just so I don't think of food.

Honestly, it does seem a bit better for me on day 5 and now day 6. :thumbup:

I get 2 Protein shakes (lunch and bkfast) and then one Protein meal with a no carb veggie. I also can have a small serving of cottage cheese with my protein meal since it is also protein. I had a couple of bites just now of the cottage cheese even though I normally eat it later. I thought who cares what part of the day it is.

I know I can do this and am at work so I am doing something other than looking at food. I also think if I even considered touching something else those around me would 'kill' me. haha

As soon as I get out of work I am gonna go home and walk a bit and read for my class tomorrow. I'll make it an early bed night so I dont eat.

Your diet is still tough but you are fortunate in that you do get to get some solid food...I could only have liquids and coldn't wait to chew on something again, LOL. Yeah, I agree if you can have a meal and cottage cheese, I would have the cottage cheese in the middle of the day and the meal for dinner, spreading it out seems like it would help a lot and shouldn't hurt your diet in any way, you are still taking in the same amount of calories per day.

Pradice 73 - well i have been doing full liquids since Saturday (9/16/08) and went by my doctors office this morning before my pre admission apt and I had lost 17 lbs! I was so excited about that - and to be honest it has not been that bad - I have done the Protein Shakes for Breakfast and then v8 juice (heated is like Tomato soup) and then I have had ton's of Water - but I feel good and I dont feel hungry like I thought i would. my surgery is Wednesday (9/24) wahoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo! So keep going we can do this - this is part of the process to a new you and a new me!

Thanks so much for the support as I am really struggling.

HI Patty, I feel for you. I started my preop diet 9/4 and am still awaiting a surgery date and it's been hard. The first 8 days I was depressed and horribly tired with an almost constant headache and fuzzy feeling in my head. Now I'm on day 15 and since last weekend I have begun to feel normal again. So it does pass. congrats on your surgery date. My insurance has notified me that I was approved but I have yet to hear from my surgeons office and was told by the bariatric program director TO NOT CALL THEM myself, I guess thats a big no no. I was told it would take a total of 3 weeks to get it done so that wanted me to start my preop diet right away and now I'm two weeks out and still waiting. Well anyway at least I know my insurance has said okay. Good luck to you and hang in there it does get better.

Arianna

Wow I hear/read so many stories on her about waiting on the doctor for a date - I'm not in a really small town - my doctor's office submitted all my paper work to my insurance company on 9/09/08 and I was approved on that same day. I was shocked - but thrilled about it for sure! Just hang with it - not sure if you are a believer or not - but this is one of those dark valleys we are going through - but HE (the big man upstairs!) is holding us up the entire way! And to be honest this is how I have been getting through this pre-op diet.

OK, so I made a concession and decided to take a small piece of the chicken I made for my dinner tonight and ate it with my afternoon Protein Shake. It shouldnt matter if I ate it now or later or half and half as long as I dont add anything unnecessarily. I do feel a bit better now.