Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Friday morning weigh in...19 sep 08

Well I had a very up and down week!

Luckily overall I lost 0.2kg (0.4lbs) and hey I'll take it! My appetite came back with a vengeance this week, on the same day I got my period...don't think it is a HUGE coincidence. I didn't think I'd lose at all this week in fact yesterday I was 0.8kgs up on last week!! What's up with that!! Then lost a kilo in that day to be down 0.2kgs on the all important weigh in day.

I walked 5 nights this week for 30 minutes (at 4.5mph). I wish daylight saving would start soon and the weather would improve!

don't be discouraged, you'll make up for it next week when you weigh in. are you scheduled to get your 1st fill yet??? usually 6 wks after your banded they can fill you. i was banded on 06/20 and lost 36 pounds and still not feeling full so i am going for another fill in 2 wks. good luck and keep working hard and don't be discouraged...:thumbup:

jumped on the scales at work today, down to 61.3kgs (134lbs) have lost in 10 days 1.2kgs (2lbs) will only weight now on fridays, well be seeing my family in 3 weeks, hope to be at least 59.9kgs by then cant wait to be out of the 60,s

I haven't reported back in a few weeks because my scales would just not budge. I had my first fill this Monday though and, largely due to liquids for 2 days, I am down 6.5 pounds since last weigh in. This is a total of 56.5 pounds gone forever!

I am down a 1lb this week. My appetite is back and I am not staying full for very long. I get my second fill next Friday.

Exercise - Curves Smart 4 days a week and walking most days for a total of 6 miles.

Keep up the good work everyone.

9.12.08 220.8

9.19.08 219.4

I am down 1.4lbs for the week! :thumbup:I am superexcited since my hunger is soooo strong this last two weeks! I still have to wait until October 8th for my fill! 8 weeks they do it at!:thumbup:

weight: 251, down 3 pounds from last week!

exercise: 20-30 minutes in the pool 6 times, had a cool front and the Water is now 76 degrees, brrrrr can't get in anymore!

eating: controlled portions of regular food

I hear you Liquid!! Mine is on October 20th!! So much for my docs comment "We may even fill at 3 weeks if you are really hungry and healed well enough!" I figured hey that may get me a fill between 3-6 weeks but 8 weeks!!! OMG!!!

and I know I won't be able to go to him between 6-8 weeks due to him being on holiday, could suck up to an associate but I'll see how I go!

Well done everyone on the weight loss!!

I am not too discouraged as I did start at a lower BMI so I figured I may not lose as quickly after the initial weight loss anyway!

Oh and a NSV I just heard. My hairdresser (kate) who coloured my hair also does my sis-in-law and my SIL told me that when she had her hair done last week Kate said she couldn't believe how much weight I'd lost and thought I looked great! :thumbup:

Also I've noticed quite a few work collegues giving me that corner of the eye look up and down! I had one girl earlier this week give me it and then comment on how she loved my new hairdo and I said "Thanks and I've been losing weight, got a bit to go but I'm getting there!" and it was an open invitation she was very animated in her reply "You have lost a lot and are looking great!" It cracks me up though watching peoples reactions but weight being such a sensitive thing they don't want to say anything!But I know they notice and it gives me warm fuzzies :smile2:

Great job everyone!

I'm down 3lbs this week - Yeah! That makes up for the 1lb last week, so right now I'm averaging 2lbs per week - my goal.

I went for my first fill yesterday - and feel a bit more restriction but we'll see once I'm back on solid foods (3-4 days).

I now fit into the smallest clothes in my closet!!! I haven't looked at these clothes in years! Thankfully most are business suits that don't really go out of style. So that means that when those don't fit anymore, I'm going shopping!!

I have another business trip next week - I hope this fill does the trick and I don't eat too much. My dilemma will be to find something that I can eat....I'm bringing Protein bars and canned tuna in my suitcase - any other ideas?

Good morning everyone,

Love to see the positive posts this morning - at a time when many of us still haven't had a fill! I don't go for mine until Oct. 20 (a good two months from my date of surgery), but I figure that just gives me time to adjust to this new way of eating for a bit.

Weight last week: 210

Weight this week: 208.5

Exercise: About 40 minutes on treadmill/Walk Away the Pounds, 4x this week

Food: Eating about 1 cup, supposed to be every four hours, but feel hungry about every three hours. Averaging around 1100 calories a day. I still don't see how to bump up calories without eating more at a sitting or eating more often.

Last week: 277.6

This week: 273.5

Just over 4 pounds! Woo hoo!! o/ Must have been all the yard work I've been doing cleaning up from Hurricane Ike. And no, I don't want another hurricane for more exercise!:smile2:

AND........I've hit the 30 pound mark! :smile: As a reward I'm going to make an appointment to get my hair permed. It's been so long since my last one that it's almost all grown out!

Keep up the great work everyone!:thumbup: