Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hello from Missouri

Hi everyone,

I am a stay at home mom. We live on a farm in Missouri.

I was banded Jan. 28, 2008. Since then I have lost 73lbs. I feel much better but it has not been easy. I still have 75lbs left to go and at this point my scale is stuck at the same wt.

I hope to see you around.

Farm Mom

Hi Farm Mom, I am also from Missouri and soon will be moving south of Jeff City. I was banded in June. Still working on getting restriction so the weight loss has been slow, most of it coming from pre op diet. I am looking forward to being able to go to support group meetings in columbia soon. Are you near there?

Hi,

WTG on the wt loss!!!

I live around the Marshall area. I had my surgery in Columbia with Dr. Pitt.

What struggles are you dealing with at this stage? My wt loss has slowed down. My scale is stuck. I know that I don't eat the best choices. It is hard. I am a mother of 4.

Do you have a lot of restriction? I don't. Im actually afraid that I may have stretched my pouch.

I think my question is what is going on with you at this point. You are doing great. What is your secret?

Farm Mom

Hi,

Dr. Pitt did my band too. I live 50 miles west of Columbia.

How are you doing? Are you going to the wt. loss reunion in Oct?

Farm Mom

Hi,

Dr. Pitt did my band too. I live 50 miles west of Columbia.

How are you doing? Are you going to the wt. loss reunion in Oct?

Farm Mom

Yes, Farm Mom, I plan on going on Oct 4th. Next weekend I am moving to a small town south of Jeff city...Eugene. Know where that is? I am glad its closer to Columbia so I wont have to drive so far for fills and so I can attend the support group stuff.

Been super busy getting a mobile home renovated enough to move in to. I had another .5cc Thursday, and again not much change although Tina says I am getting close. With all the crazyness and work we have been putting in on the trailer, we have had to eat out more lately so I have not made the best choices. I seem to get full sooner and seem to be eating less but really, the last few weeks I have not had time to concentrate on planning meals and such. Doubt if I have lost, but I hope I havent gained.

Hope to see you at the picnic on the 4th? How will I recognize you? lol Think we will have name tags?:rolleyes2:

Hi,

I did not send in my rsvp for the picnic.

I saw Tena yesterday and had .5cc added. I do ok during the am but the afternoon kills me. I thought that I had gained this last month but actually lost 4lbs. She said that I have 8.5cc in my 14cc band. I was worried that I was about to the end on the fills.

This morning I have alot of restriction. We will see what the afternoon brings.

How much more do you have to do on the trailer? Im sure it is stressful.

Have a great day.

Farm Mom

Hi guys! I'm from Columbia and going to the informational seminar October 13th.

I'm a little scared because my aunt had gastric bypass..and even though her results have been mind blowing, she doesn't look very healthy. Lap band doesn't seem to be so drastic.

For those of you who have had the surgery, what did your doctors say about "extra skin" and how to avoid it (if possible)?

hey,

i'm from southeast missouri. haven't been banded yet. was told last week that i should be getting a call any day now to set up the dr. appt.

i'm getting excited and nervous.:cool2:

Hi,

Just wanted to say hi, I was banded by Dr. Pitt just last week! :w00t:

So far, so good!

How's it going, midwestchickie? Its great to see others who have the same doc as I do. Are you coming to the WL support group picnic this saturday? If you need info on it, just let me know.

Hi guys! I'm from Columbia and going to the informational seminar October 13th.

I'm a little scared because my aunt had gastric bypass..and even though her results have been mind blowing, she doesn't look very healthy. Lap band doesn't seem to be so drastic.

For those of you who have had the surgery, what did your doctors say about "extra skin" and how to avoid it (if possible)?

Hi Dodaditty21,

Gastric bypass is NOTHING like lap band so please don't look at gastric surgery as a predictor of what the lap band can do for you. It is less drastic and gets good results and you look healthy along the way. You tend to lose slower but in the long run thats better and helps eliminate some of the extra skin.

Hi,

I did not send in my rsvp for the picnic.

I saw Tena yesterday and had .5cc added. I do ok during the am but the afternoon kills me. I thought that I had gained this last month but actually lost 4lbs. She said that I have 8.5cc in my 14cc band. I was worried that I was about to the end on the fills.

This morning I have alot of restriction. We will see what the afternoon brings.

How much more do you have to do on the trailer? Im sure it is stressful.

Have a great day.

Farm Mom

Hi Farm mom, I don't think its too late to sign up for the picnic. I saw Tina Tuesday and she said she thought it might be a small group. If you can, let Sylvia or whoever know and just come. It will be fun. I had another .5cc and am feeling restriction now, but like you, it eases up in the pm and then I can eat anything! At least maybe the restriction is slowing me down for most of the day.

We have been sooo busy will all the renovating, repairing and moving in lately. You would have thought I would lose weight will all the exercise I am getting but sadly, thats not the case. It's slowly coming together tho. Hope to see you saturday.

How's it going, midwestchickie? Its great to see others who have the same doc as I do. Are you coming to the WL support group picnic this saturday? If you need info on it, just let me know.

Doing good, thanks! Feeling much better this week. You know with the pre-op diet, I did wonderful...hungry...but stuck right with it, due to the whole liver thing, but now I'm just dying for some real food! I don't want sweets or anything..I want some meat! I want some taters! Something with substance already! I have till next Wed., when I'll go to the next phase and can have some chicken, fish, cheese...mushy like stuff.

I'll have to admit, I had two cheetos today...I let them mostly dissolve in my mouth, I probably sucked on them till they didn't exist! I'm jealous of people that don't have 4 weeks of post op diet, it seems like forever. How did you do with it? My dh was traveling this week, and I was sooo tempted to have something last night, but I'm so glad I didn't. i would have felt horrible about *cheating*

Sounds like you are very busy! I knew a boy at MU who was from Trenton...I can't think of his name now, but he was so sweet and of course had a girlfriend back in Trenton...I always think of him when I see that town name! (I think you are the one from Trenton?? heheh)

No, I'm not going to the picnic, we have company this weekend, and I'm in Lee's Summit, so it's a bit of a drive for me.

i went to my regular dr. today. he keeps pressuring me to get the RNY. i am scared to do that. that is too much cutting for me. he doesn't think i will get good results with the band. i told him that i have been reading these forums and the majority of the people have had good results. he just shook his head. i feel like i'm doing the right thing by having the band.