Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

dreading the pre-op diet...

The pre-op diet is tough, but keep in mind the prize at the end. It is so important that you stick to it. I was on mine for about 19 days. I remember the first three days being the worst and someone telling me if I could get past them, I would be fine. And, they were right. After the third day, the hunger pains and headache pretty much subsided. After that, I just had to deal with the head hunger. But, I wanted this surgery so bad that it was pretty easy to win that battle as well, because I wasn't going to let anything stand in my way of getting the band.

As for the OP having to drink carnation, actually, they have quite a bit of Protein in them. I frequently have those when I am really tight in the mornings and can't get anything but liquids down. They do a great job of managing my hunger.

and man ohh man...what I wouldn't do for just a nibble of ham and cheese sandwhich...or 3 or 8...

Ham and cheese...:cool2: I am having surgery on the 25th. I was originally supposed to have it on October 2. They called me Monday morning to change it.:) I was so excited! Then it hit me, I can't have solid food again for over a month! I made a quick trip to the store and "splurged" for the bouillon with herbs. Ha! Just salty Water with herbs. :w00t:

My surgery is sept. 25th.

Me too!:mellow:

ok, i'm on day 9 of my opti-fast liquids only pre-op diet and i'm alittle jealous of these posts that got to eat actual food! LOL! Actually it's not bad, once your mind is made up, you realize you are embarking on a journey of a lifetime to restore your health and take back your life and if going on liquids for 2 weeks before and 2 weeks after is what it takes ... SO BE IT!!! I am so ready. I am so tired of being tired and my joints aching and telling my grandson, no I don't feel like doing things with him because I'm not physically able, I'm excited about looking into the future when he says, Can we play some ball or ride a roller coaster and i say, SURE! let's do that! I actually haven't been hungry, but I think it's because I'm so pysched! I finished all my preop tests and got my clearance from my PCP today, so I have 5 days left til surgery! Please keep me in your prayers! I have surgery on the 23rd in St. Pete, Florida with Dr. Renhke ... God Bless everyone on here!

Please keep me in your prayers!

You have my prayers.

Edited by *slim*

Hi all you pre-op dieters,

Day 5 now. I actually don't feel hungry right now. Not to be gross...but this liquid diet does a number on your poopie. How can I say this delicately? There isn't much of it, but when the urge hits, it's like a squirt of fudge and that is it. Kind of gross, but an observation I made...hehehe.

I'm down 10 pounds in 4 days. That is kind of exciting, but I know most of it was probably 10 pounds of sh*t (literally and figuratively) in my intestines from everything I ate the days before.

Yesterday, I took my 3 yo to the park. I stopped to get him a happy meal and I got an iced tea. I must have asked him 20 times, "are you done with those fries" b/c I wanted to get them in the trash fast! I'm quite proud of myself. I made mac and cheese last night and I had to test the macaroni, so I bit it and spit it out...that is dedication!

We can do this my friends!

Ten pounds is awesome! I am down 6 pounds myself. I figure I probably have about 5 more pounds of my sh*t to get rid of.:crying: Keep up the good work!:wink2:

Next week i need to start the pre-op diet..but i don't know how i am going to survive and how true to it i can stay. They want me to only have 3 carnation instant breakfasts a day with two fruits. Boy oh boy...how am i going to do that? I guess i will be posting everytime i am going to eat!!! I did cut out all carbination bev. i drink only ice tea..and love it. BUT....oh boy....also... on sunday i am starting my 7 day complete body cleanse!! I am excited but nervous!:crying:

Hi! I feel for you as well. My surgeon only requires a 2 day liquid diet preop, but I am going to put myself on a low carb, low fat, high protien diet starting on 09/22! I am doing it for several reasons, mainly to "flush" my body of sugars and carbs and to try to avoid a fatty liver.

Keep us informed. I plan to Blog, IM, hang out in chat rooms, whatever is needed to do to stick with it, it will be worth it.

I will be your support buddy if you want, I know I will need one!:wink2:

Edited by Bimbabe
misspelling