Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

WHY are people voting for McCain?

All the people I know who are making over $250,000 are happy to give their share of taxes. I find that commendable.

What is "their share"?

Why is it considered "fair" when the top 10% of earners pay 70% of the income tax? When the top 1% pay close to 40% of the income tax? When the bottom 50% only pay 3%? When 30% pay none at all?

Oh - and I heard today that Gov Bill Richardson lowered the threshold today for "rich" -- it's now down to $120k. Wonder how low it has to get before "true believers" start getting "squirmy".

Edited by gadgetlady
spelling

All the people I know who are making over $250,000 are happy to give their share of taxes. I find that commendable.

What aliens are you hanging out with? Are you sure they're Americans? I can personally say that I've NEVER been happy about paying taxes, ever, at any salary. I can personally say I've never met anyone who was happy about paying taxes. I have friends and associates of all income levels and none of them were EVER happy about handing their money over to Uncle Sam. I start stressing mid March about April 15.

Interesting article by the Associated Press. Obama's aunt from Kenya is here illegally and is in PUBLIC HOUSING!!!!

Hope your friends are still HAPPY paying her way in a country when she does not pay ANY taxes.

I don't know how to post links or whatever to link the article but it is on the MSN home page right now.

NICE....

What aliens are you hanging out with? Are you sure they're Americans? I can personally say that I've NEVER been happy about paying taxes, ever, at any salary. I can personally say I've never met anyone who was happy about paying taxes. I have friends and associates of all income levels and none of them were EVER happy about handing their money over to Uncle Sam. I start stressing mid March about April 15.

Sorry but you made me laugh, aliens are my family members. I have 2 brothers that make well over $250,000 and are more than happy to pay their fair share, I do not tell tales! I know it's hard to understand but they are good people and know they are blessed with their financial successes. They also have families and one even has to pay $40,000 a year for med school for his eldest. They both work very hard for their money but in giving they get back. They've always been like that and I'm really proud to say they are my brothers!

I do not make that kind of money but I also live in an area that is not as expensive as where they reside so I don't need to. Americans give more in charity than any other country. It is because we're so blessed. There is something called Karma too! It's because of my brothers that I have now decided to vote for Obama, sorry to offend and take care, Nancy:smile:

Edited by Nanook

Here's a great article on taxation. It dispels some of the myths and misconceptions about taxes, and gives you the places where you can confirm the facts for yourself: American Thinker- Print Article

It also points out that The Communist Manifesto's second plank is, "A heavy progressive or graduated income tax."

Oh - and I heard today that Gov Bill Richardson lowered the threshold today for "rich" -- it's now down to $120k. Wonder how low it has to get before "true believers" start getting "squirmy".

They won't let anybody know for sure until after the election. The fact that the $120k number is slipping out means somebody has either blabbed or broken ranks.

Some people have to say that, because the reality is just too... well, real. :rolleyes2:

Sorry but you made me laugh, aliens are my family members. I have 2 brothers that make well over $250,000 and are more than happy to pay their fair share, I do not tell tales! I know it's hard to understand but they are good people and know they are blessed with their financial successes. They also have families and one even has to pay $40,000 a year for med school for his eldest. They both work very hard for their money but in giving they get back. They've always been like that and I'm really proud to say they are my brothers!

I do not make that kind of money but I also live in an area that is not as expensive as where they reside so I don't need to. Americans give more in charity than any other country. It is because we're so blessed. There is something called Karma too! It's because of my brothers that I have now decided to vote for Obama, sorry to offend and take care, Nancy:smile:

Because of the tax burden AND the rising cost of everyday things, the church coffers are drying up. food pantries are going without. In a country where over 50 percent of all my money goes to pay some form of tax, I wouldn't use the word "blessed" to describe it. "Screwed" is more like it. I'm about to say enough is enough.

Gadget, This too is scriptural. As I said before, The Lord God said it first "Those who will not work, shall not eat."

YES!! I love tossing that one out too who choose to go the religious route: What would Jesus do? You're commanded to take care of those with less, blah blah blah.

YES!! I love tossing that one out too who choose to go the religious route: What would Jesus do? You're commanded to take care of those with less, blah blah blah.

You're not commanded to route it through a bureaucracy that leaks like a sieve.

You're not commanded to route it through a bureaucracy that leaks like a sieve.

Nor am I commanded to give 50 cents of my last dollar to some schmuck who could work but won't. Or make baby after baby after baby that they can't take care of. Or make excuses that McDonald's just doesn't pay enough. Or could have gotten an education but chose not to... chose to do drugs... chose to become an alcoholic...

Life is about choices. And I choose not to be forced to help some idiot raise his standard of living.

Charity is when you give because you desire to do so. Taking is when the government enforces you to give. If your brothers are ok with their high taxation then good, cause if Obama gets elected, they wont have a choice. This issue is not about whether we should all feel the same as your brothers do, but about the government enforcing this. Free enterprise was set up in this country because those who didn't want to work, still were able to eat. Why look for a job or even try to work for anything in this life if it will be handed to you anyway? The gov. shouldn't be allowed to force those who got off their butts, worked hard, and sacrificed in life to get where they are, to give it to those who don't. They should be able to decide for themselves what charities they want their money to go to.

God does want us to take care of those that are less fortunate, IF they are not phsically or mentally able to do it themselves. and He does not want anyone to take from others when they are able to work and provide for themselves.(this is why he said 'those who will not work will not eat)

He also says to be a 'cheerful' giver.