Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Losing so s l o w l y

The closer I get to my goal, the slower I am losing. Then again, I haven't been exercising as I should lately, either. I was walking regularly, but on my last outing, a bug flew into my eye and stung me. I walked around for days looking like a vampire. I've been gun shy about getting outside since then. I need to just get over it and get on with it. I hate using the treadmill, so that is reserved only for winter when I absolutely can't tolerate the cold.

Anyway, I should stop complaining. At least I am still losing, about a pound a week, maybe a little less. I'm two pounds from a "Normal" BMI and 11 pounds from goal. Maybe I'll change my goal again when I get there, I don't know, but I'm pretty happy with where I am now.

Sorry I haven't been posting much lately. My son transferred schools and moved three hours away, and I've been in a bit of a funk since then. I haven't forgotten about my Victorious Valentines, though. Glad to see you're all still doing well.

Glad to see you posting; I can relate to losing slowly...boy, can I ever. i was a one-half a pound a week loser until I hit this plateau from hell...

Keep checking in with us...we miss our posters when they go AWOL!

Good to hear from you again. Sounds like you're actually doing well. Mine has slowed down a lot too and it seems like it's been pretty common for us VVs right now. You're so close to your goal. Congrats!

Okay, here goes. I'm a newbie to this forum. Just found it through my bariatric clinic newsletter. I turned 50 this summer and had my surgery in March 08. Have lost 56 pounds. Seems like a slow process, but trying to look at the big picture for the rest of my life.

Feel soooo much better, but emotionally, kinda like a roller coaster effect on family and myself. Our lives revolved around our gatherings, which meant a big meal, with me being the host. food had always been the main reason for us all getting together, especially holidays. Not to say that we don't love each other, and want to see each other, which we do almost on a daily basis. But...my mom and dads home was always the gathering place and they are now both gone. So this ritual has fallen into my hands. Any who...My weight had become out of control and a friend of mine had the surgery and convinced me to do the same. Would do it again in a heart beat. Had a little mishap with one of my fills, got tooooo much. Couldn't eat, much vomiting, dehydration, etc....Had to have a cc taken out. All is well now, but seems like the loosing gets slower and slower. After reading some of the comments here, don't feel alone. Thank you.

NMD- I'm happy to hear that we have helped you. I am a slow loser also. Very slow. Pretty much, the snail and my weight loss have been racing and the snail is waaaay ahead.

Just try to stay positive, sometimes that is the hardest part. My life was focused on food also. I was sad, I bought or made my favorties, I was happy, well...top off the good day with my favorites. Icecream etc. Its a complete lifestyle change and it can be really really really hard for some people, like me.

Hey Kristi! missed ya..

You are doing very well with your weightloss. It's probably normal to slow down when you get so close to goal. My goal is so far away I can't even think about it for at least another 50 lbs. lol. But, I sure miss ya..

Huggs

9-15-08, 4:40 p.m., and sunshiny in the general Princeton, NJ area!

This is just a "general" posting: I've v-e-r-y new to all this chatroom stuff and not sure I'll be good at it! Ha...

SORRY, but I'm wayWAY annoyed at the website "banner" for lapbandtalk.com... ANNOYING!... why, oh why, is there a photo of a smiling woman??... tell me why there isn't a woman AND a man??... like, MEN HAVE NEVER HAD GOOD LAP-BAND EXPERIENCES AND SUCCESS??...

Having only a woman, and not both a woman AND a man, perpetuates the idea that WOMEN need to be thinner and attractive, and men?, doesn't matter so much for them... PLEASE GET CURRENT, AND I DARE SAY GET CORRECT, and change this website banner to include a man! Respectfully yours, Miss Jake - end-

Re: Losing so s l o w l y

This is just a "general" posting: I've v-e-r-y new to all this chatroom stuff and not sure I'll be good at it! Ha...

SORRY, but I'm wayWAY annoyed at the website "banner" for lapbandtalk.com... ANNOYING!... why, oh why, is there a photo of a smiling woman??... tell me why there isn't a woman AND a man??... like, MEN HAVE NEVER HAD GOOD Lap Band EXPERIENCES AND SUCCESS??...

Having only a woman, and not both a woman AND a man, perpetuates the idea that WOMEN need to be thinner and attractive, and men?, doesn't matter so much for them... PLEASE GET CURRENT, AND I DARE SAY GET CORRECT, and change this website banner to include a man! Respectfully yours, Miss Jake - end-

Re: Losing so s l o w l y

SORRY, but I'm wayWAY annoyed at the website "banner" for lapbandtalk.com... ANNOYING!... why, oh why, is there a photo of a smiling woman??... tell me why there isn't a woman AND a man??... like, MEN HAVE NEVER HAD GOOD Lap Band EXPERIENCES AND SUCCESS??... :)

Having only a woman, and not both a woman AND a man, perpetuates the idea that WOMEN need to be thinner and attractive, and men?, doesn't matter so much for them... :tt1:

PLEASE GET CURRENT, AND I DARE SAY GET CORRECT, and change this website banner to include a man! Respectfully yours, Miss Jake - end-

Miss Jake,

With all due respect, the woman at the top is our very own Boo Boo Kitty and a real Lapband success story. I'm glad to see her smiling face up there reminding me what is possible. There are plenty of men's success stories, especially on the Before and After Pictures thread. Just keep looking around and welcome.