Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Yeah my own kind!

Lol I have been looking and looking for people who are my age who have the lap band. I live in San Diego where there are millions of people. I can only find old people with the band. It's driving me NUTS!

So now that i have found all of you, who still parties after being banded?

haha. I've been looking and yeah, there's no one really our age huh? It'd be so nice to hear from people my age about the whole experience, even though everyone is so inspirational, someone my age would be amazing.

I have an appointment today, so hopefully things will turn out and I'll be able to get the band before the end of the year!

What has it been like for you?

x

i was banded at 16, and ill be 18 in about a month, umm i dont party lol, though i am at one of the BIGGEST party schools, i kinda think my weight helped with that, almst like not being accepted made me mature a lot faster than anyone else and i just dont lol

I know age is wisdom, blah blah blah. i just don't go to school right now and I work in Foreclosures, so i have no peer interaction for the last 6 months. No disrespect, but i just want to talk with people my age. Oh and It only takes me one drink to get drunk since the band. i'm pretty smart about it. I have also matured a lot faster, but I didn't want to. I live in my own apartment with my boyfriend and am still 18. I haven't even hit party mode. I'm just trying to have a good time. I've drank a little bit throughout my journey and it hasn't made me gain or anything. I'm from San Diego, so patying is more of an option. :]

So purple girl, how did you have the surgery at 16?

well I'm 19. I'm not much of a partier lol. But I still do it occasionally. For instance...last night lol My birthday. I drank but I took it slow so I wasn't chugging....and I prefer shots rather than beer because you have to drink a lot more beer to get drunk lol...But I took it slow, got buzzed, made sure not to take it too far and throw up and I was fine.

ME TOO! oh my gosh. they said 150 around the US were participating. I can't believe i found one!

Girl dont let your band hold you back!! Have a good time!!

Shit I am single now too! YEAH ME! I am looking forward to having many great times :]

I still party, though, not all the time.

you have to be reaaaalll careful.

beer will make you feel very uncomfortable because of gas due to the carbonation.

hard liquor hits you hard and fast, and you can easily gain weight quick because of empty calories. Guaranteed a good time :smile2: hah

Doesn't it annoy you how people tend to leave messages saying "wow your lucky you can get it that young, your lucky you can still drink at that age" etc sooooooo f*cking annoying lol. Personally I don't drink now anyway, never have been a huge drinker and actually havent been banded yet (annoying) but I doubt I'll be a huge drinker afterwards either, like every now and then you feel like something but I guess I'll just have to watch what I do actually drink now =(

I straight up can't drink beer now. But I'm okay with that. A little wine or liquor & I'm good since I'll have such a little amount of food in my stomach anyway. When I was fat, I missed out on all the parties, so I'm trying to hit that up now. Unfortunately, my self-esteem is still very low. That's where the booze kicks in! Haha

I straight up can't drink beer now. But I'm okay with that. A little wine or liquor & I'm good since I'll have such a little amount of food in my stomach anyway. When I was fat, I missed out on all the parties, so I'm trying to hit that up now. Unfortunately, my self-esteem is still very low. That's where the booze kicks in! Haha

Hah! That's exactly how it is for me!

woo underage drinking!

hahaha:lol:

Katie you sound just like me! I have not stopped partying since. I mean I am responsible about it but damn I have fun. I stick to mixed drinks. I can have about one the whole night and be chillin. I love it.

I am finally living life instead of focusing so much on being fat.

I wish I could get over myself & just start having fun. I know I'm no longer over weight, but I still feel like I look big. Ugh!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• KeeWee

It's been 10 long years! Here is my VSG weight loss surgiversary update..
      https://www.ae1bmerchme.com/post/10-year-surgiversary-update-for-2024 
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Aunty Mamo

Iʻm roughly 6 weeks post-op this morning and have begun to feel like a normal human, with a normal human body again. I started introducing solid foods and pill forms of medications/supplements a couple of weeks ago and it's really amazing to eat meals with my family again, despite the fact that my portions are so much smaller than theirs. 
      I live on the island of Oʻahu and spend a lot of time in the water- for exercise, for play,  and for spiritual & mental health. The day I had my month out appointment with my surgeon, I packed all my gear in my truck, anticipating his permission to get back in the ocean. The minute I walked out of that hospital I drove straight to the shore and got in that water. Hallelujah! My appointment was at 10 am. I didn't get home until after 5 pm. 
      I'm down 31 pounds since the day of surgery and 47 since my pre-op diet began, with that typical week long stall occurring at three weeks. I'm really starting to see some changes lately- some of my clothing is too big, some fits again. The most drastic changes I notice however are in my face. I've also noticed my endurance and flexibility increasing. I was really starting to be held up physically, and I'm so grateful that I'm seeing that turn around in such short order. 
      My general disposition lately is hopeful and motivated. The only thing that bugs me on a daily basis still is the way those supplements make my house smell. So stink! But I just bought a smell proof bag online that other people use to put their pot in. My house doesn't stink anymore. 

· 0 replies
    • BeanitoDiego

Oh yeah, something I wanted to rant about, a billing dispute that cropped up 3 months ago.
      Surgery was in August of 2023. A bill shows up for over $7,000 in January. WTF? I asks myself. I know that I jumped through all of the insurance hoops and verified this and triple checked that, as did the surgeon's office. All was set, and I paid all of the known costs before surgery.
      A looong story short, is that an assistant surgeon that was in the process of accepting money from my insurance company touched me while I was under anesthesia. That is what the bill was for. But hey, guess what? Some federal legislation was enacted last year to help patients out when they cannot consent to being touched by someone out of their insurance network. These types of bills fall under something called, "surprise billing," and you don't have to put up with it.
      https://www.cms.gov/nosurprises
      I had to make a lot of phone calls to both the surgeon's office and the insurance company and explain my rights and what the maximum out of pocket costs were that I could be liable for. Also had to remind them that it isn't my place to be taking care of all of this and that I was going to escalate things if they could not play nice with one another.
      Quick ending is that I don't have to pay that $7,000+. Advocate, advocate, advocate for yourself no matter how long it takes and learn more about this law if you are ever hit with a surprise bill.
      · 0 replies
    • BeanitoDiego

Some days I feel like an infiltrator... I'm participating in society as a "thin" person. They have no idea that I haven't always been one of them! 🤣
      · 0 replies
    • ChunkCat

Thank you everyone for your well wishes! I totally forgot I wrote an update here... I'm one week post op today. I gained 15 lbs in water weight overnight because they had to give me tons of fluids to bring my BP up after surgery! I stayed one night in the hospital. Everything has been fine except I seem to have picked up a bug while I was there and I've been running a low grade fever, coughing, and a sore throat. So I've been hydrating well and sleeping a ton. So far the Covid tests are negative.
      I haven't been able to advance my diet past purees. Everything I eat other than tofu makes me choke and feels like trying to swallow rocks. They warned me it would get worse before it gets better, so lets hope this is all normal. I have my follow up on Monday so we'll see. Living on shakes and soup again is not fun. I had enough of them the first time!! LOL 
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches