Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

September 16th surgeries

HEY GIRLS,I am back to work tonite feel great, I am now on thick liquids. Soups creamy YUMMM. I do not feel hugry at all wish it would last forever. I have just been trying to get down 2 adkins shakes a day, and some creamy Soup. They have calcium chews at Walmart.< /p>

Am I missing something with not doing all these protien shots ect???

The Protein helps burn off fat, as long as you don't get to much, and also if you don't get enough Protein you loose your hair. I'm not ready to loose my hair.

Today other than the one incision and my cold, I feel great.

Teri

Hey All! I weighed myself this morning and I'm down 8lbs!! I decided to just finally weigh myself once a week on Weds. otherwise I'm too focused on the number. Maybe it's just me but when I first woke up from surgery I thought "what did I do?", it's like I'm happy that I did it but at the same time I kind of get mad at myself for going through with it....please tell me this feeling will go away. My mother had it done and she has had amazing results. I've thought about getting this for over a year so it wasn't just something I did overnight. I guess it's just something I have to get used to....before hand i was so so so excited about this journey but now that I actually have it in place I'm kind of sad about it. I know that is not how it should be but I just can't shake it. Also, before i got it I had no problem telling everyone that would listen that I was getting it done. But, now I wish I would've kept my mouth shut and never told anyone about it. UGH!!! What is my deal?!! Sorry so long.....

Hey All! I weighed myself this morning and I'm down 8lbs!! I decided to just finally weigh myself once a week on Weds. otherwise I'm too focused on the number. Maybe it's just me but when I first woke up from surgery I thought "what did I do?", it's like I'm happy that I did it but at the same time I kind of get mad at myself for going through with it....please tell me this feeling will go away. My mother had it done and she has had amazing results. I've thought about getting this for over a year so it wasn't just something I did overnight. I guess it's just something I have to get used to....before hand i was so so so excited about this journey but now that I actually have it in place I'm kind of sad about it. I know that is not how it should be but I just can't shake it. Also, before i got it I had no problem telling everyone that would listen that I was getting it done. But, now I wish I would've kept my mouth shut and never told anyone about it. UGH!!! What is my deal?!! Sorry so long.....

I think the feeling you had after surgery is perfectly normal. I woke up after surgery thinking the same thing. I had been looking into this surgery for well over a year also and once I actually took all the steps, my approval and surgery was so quick that it made my head spin! Consultation 7/15/08, psych 07/29/08, approval 08/14/08, surgery 09/16/08.

I think for me it was the thought of not eating all that stuff that got me in this shape in the first place. food is such a big part of my social life. Every Sunday after church we go to brunch with three other couples. We sit around and talk eat and have a great time. I know now that I can still enjoy Sunday brunch. I will just have to eat differently.

I also love to cook. I will still cook all the good stuff I did before. I just have to make sure I cook foods for myself that work for me.

I'm sure everyone who has ever made a life changing decision has had second thoughts. When I got on the scale yesterday and was down 10.5 pounds, I knew I did the right thing.

high/day of surgery/current/goal

236/233/222.5/155

I justed wanted to add a few things. Almost everyone on the board last time lost some hair about 6-9 mts out. But it grows back again. Those of us that had bangs were laughing that we had mini bangs under our bangs, just hair growing back.

Also I found that 1 week I would lose lbs, the next week inches, the next lbs again. It was very weird. it seems one has to happen before the other, or just catch up in some way.

About every 10 lbs lost is almost a size.

You will be amazed how you will literally jump down sizes. I had to get rid of every piece of clothing accept for my socks. I love to buy clothes, but I decided to go to the goodwill/salvation Army I am so glad I did.

I bought a Columbia Coat for 5.00 and dresses for the same.

For those of you that wear wide shoes don't be surprised if they don't fit.

I had my surgery done in March when putting on my fall shoes I ran out the door late curling my toes to keep my shoes on.!!!

For your wedding bands that are going to be especially loose from the cold weather and the weight loss, a jeweler for mere cents can put in an adjustable bracket inside your ring, it works wonders.

Hey guys, I just tried my Protein bullet a bit ago. I had the orange. It was ok, can still taste the whey protein and it has an after taste. The first sip was out of the bullet itself...after that I added it to a few oz of Powerade Zero and it was much better. I think that this will be better for me since the whole bullet is only 3.1 oz. I think I will use half in the morning and half in the evening. Hope this helps, I think this might be a good option for anyone that is having trouble with all the chocolaty flavors. All of the flavors are fruity.

I am really struggling today.

Yesterday was awful. I just felt yucky all day long. It was hard for me to eat anything. I ended up having some cottage cheese, then around 10pm I had some chicken. I drank Water during the day and choked down part of a Protein drink. I had one Vitamin. I just could not get rid of that yucky feeling. I also went to a Newbie support group. It ended a crummy day. All of the talk was about bypass and what you can eat and when. I asked about the class and was told that the first part of the class was everyone together, then you split up with people who had the same procedure. That did not happen. I know there were at least two other people who had Lap Band, but none of us ever got any helpful information. In fact, the majority of the talk was this man complaining that he should have been able to get his prescriptions before surgery so he could get them through mailorder. I am not sure if I will go back to that group. I almost walked out. I am not sure why they don't have a LapBand support, but I will be asking again.

So, today, it's almost noon and I have not have anything to eat yet. I have had Water and I am currently trying to get this Protein shake down. I added a scoop of whey Protein. It isn't bad, but I don't know how much longer I can take drinking these shakes. Yecccch! I am planning to have a meal as soon as I finish this shake. I go back to work next week, so I really need to get myself together.

Is anyone else having trouble getting all the food in? I heard at the support group last night that is common.

I'm doing ok with the liquids, but I too haddifficulty getting any real food yesterday. I am up 2 pounds. How can that be? I'm eating good healthy low fat meals for what I can heat. Half to 3/4 cup per meal. High Protein, low fat. Maybe I'm going thru the TOM issues. I don't get it, haven't in about a year. I had a hysterectomy.

Anyway, today's another day. I won't be able to go out walking today. So I'm not sure what activity I'll do today. It's raining hard today, and should the next few days. not one that likes to bring the kids out in the rain. My sugars are up again, but not nearly what they were pre op. I think it's the cold. Just have to work harder :tongue2:

Teri

So part of my problem is I am having some emotional issues. Yesterday, I had several crying jags over nothing. This morning I asked my DH to get me some Calcium wafers and it was something about the way he answered me that caused me to cry. He said okay, didn't give me a hard time, but I just broke out in tears. I immediately took a Lexipro, which was prescribed for me after surgery but I didn't think I would need it. I guess I was wrong. I was at the gas station just now and I pulled over to the side to talk to my sister. She works for one of the auto companies and they are laying off salaried workers today. She did not get laid off but one of her coworkers did. I am not usually a weepy person, but I start getting weepy. It is really weird. I have to get myself together. I can't go back to work feeling like this. My boss, poor guy, probably would not know what to do if we were in the mddle of a conversation and I started crying.

I'm having a Protein shake, then I'm going for a walk.

I'm going back to basics today. My stomach just feels so off today and yesterday. So I had my Protein drink this morning, and for lunch I had Soup broth. dinner will be another Protein Drink. Maybe giving my gut a day to rest will help?

Maybe something I ate in the last 24 hours is bugging me? Or maybe it's that "TOM" syndrome. I don't get my period, haven't in nearly a year. I had a hysterectomy.

The weather is rainy, so I won't be going out for my walk today. :thumbup: I actually miss it. May go to the mall tomorrow to walk, as it's supposed to rain all weekend. Most of next week too. I'm gonna talk to my bf about a early christmas gift :D I want an eliptical, or recombant exersize bike. With my bad back, I don't think the regular one is all that good for me. I don't want like a gym here, but something I can do daily would be extremely nice :)

Teri

I'm going back to basics today. My stomach just feels so off today and yesterday. So I had my Protein drink this morning, and for lunch I had Soup broth. dinner will be another Protein Drink. Maybe giving my gut a day to rest will help?

Maybe something I ate in the last 24 hours is bugging me? Or maybe it's that "TOM" syndrome. I don't get my period, haven't in nearly a year. I had a hysterectomy.

The weather is rainy, so I won't be going out for my walk today. :) I actually miss it. May go to the mall tomorrow to walk, as it's supposed to rain all weekend. Most of next week too. I'm gonna talk to my bf about a early christmas gift :drool: I want an eliptical, or recombant exersize bike. With my bad back, I don't think the regular one is all that good for me. I don't want like a gym here, but something I can do daily would be extremely nice :D

Teri

Teri, My Dr said if I had problems to go back to the liquids and protien drink. Just go slow. I bet resting your tummy with liquids for a day or so will help you feel much better. Then you can go back slow.

So I have been hearing about elipticals, are they good? Expensive?

Also Teri, surgery is an assault on your body. Perhaps it is just pissed of and that is why you are retaining Water. Don't stress. It will be fine. Debbie :thumbup:

Hey guys, just started mushies today. So far, so good. Does anybody know how much fat we should be getting in a day?

very limited fats... I'll look it up as soon as the baby on my lap wakes up.

I'm getting about 500 calories a day. Maybe 600,but no more than 650 on any given day. I'm down my first week of mushies, one more week and it's normal foods for me. I did cheat so to speak, I had tuna fresh from the can (in water) and just chewed the heck out of it for lunch today. With a tablespoon of low fat mayo. I hate the fat free one. My kids ate it on bread, I had it straight up. I can still taste it about 2 hours later.

teri

So does anyone have no problem at all with foods? I can eat everything as long as I take small bites and chew really well. I haven't lost weight in 3 days because I have been eating more. I should probably go back to the pre-op diet so I can start losing weight again but I'm hungry. I don't go to the doctor until a week from today. I'm really looking forward to some restriction. I can't eat as much as I used to but I can definitely eat more since this last weekend.

Denise

I seem to get pressure if I eat too much, right at mid chest. I still am not eating much, just not too hungry. When do you get your first fil??