Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Okay since my surgery on the 3rd I have seemed very angry. I snap at everyone who talks to me. I cry ALL the time and I yell a lot. Has anyone else had this problem? I just don't know why I am so mad at everyone. :lol:

I wonder if it could be a reaction from the anestesia. My father had major surgery a month ago and hasn't been the same since. It could also be the pain meds. He's been angry and in a bad mood and even called my 2 year old nephew a bad name. THis is not like him to do so. I think it has to be something in the meds or anestesia when they put him under.

I'm not sure why you're angry, but it brings to mind something our nurse talked about in our pre-op meeting. Folks were talking about when they could go back to work, and she was telling us not to rush it. While we physically might be able to go back to work after a week, we were taking away a big psychological crutch (the food) and we were going to need some time to get our heads rewired. Forgive yourself for snapping!

Hi:

I think you may be going through what I went through. I was in mourning of my large,delicous meals. Even though I'd done the liquid pre-op for ten days I was still getting used to not overeating for a few weeks after surgery. It gets better as the pounds come off somehow it offset my missing food so much.

Best wishes to you. I can tell you it was all worth a bit of bitchiness at the beginning because overall my disposition has improved alot since being banded and being more physically fit helped my emotional situation.

Sue

I think you've lost "food" and you used it as a coping mechanism (just guessing here)....if that is possible, a few sessions with the therapist will help you immensely. I've been super happy post op...but I went to a therapist for 10 months (on my own) before I ever got the band. Maybe you are grieving your old self (as another poster said)...only you can answer that. It's not likely effects of the anesthesia on a younger person such as yourself.

Your body is going through alot of changes right now. You are going from eating whatever whenever you want to eating very little 3 times a day. Your horomones are probably going crazy also. I have the same problem myself, I seem to blow up and the least little thing that happens.

Yeah....thank you all so much :) I'm workin on it :thumbup: I just feel bad for my husband lol