Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

have 100 lbs to lose..is it possible with lb??

:redface:hello everyone,

i am in the process of getting approved and i'm researching which procedure to have...it is kinda driving me crazy..i want to have the lap band because of less risk and shorter recovery but i'm concerned that i'll only lose 60 lbs and stop losing... i know people have lost 100 lbs but it seems to be those who need to lose 150 lbs or more.. please write me and let me know of your situation or those you've heard of, like me... thanks so much... what a great forum :unsure: ... i'll be back to help others once i have mine, for sure...

best to you! judi

Edited by judiboo

Hi Judiboo,

Well, I can't say for myself, but I do have 126 pounds to lose WHEN I get banded. However, I can say when I went to my second seminar the other night, there was a girl there who had lost 131 pounds, she was either at her goal or didn't lack much. I missed her story though, because my husband and I got there late and missed the "Meet the Patients" part of the meeting.

I have been a little worried myself of getting stuck after losing 60 or 80 pounds, but I know that there will be times when it will seem that the weight has stalled. Those are the times when you have to change up your routine, or in some cases certain things that is eaten. So, I plan on doing a lot of exercise and see where that gets me. The way I see it, even losing 60 to 80 pounds with the band is better than staying the way I am now and risking gaining even more weight on top of what I have to lose now. :unsure:

Good luck to you!

Hey there it is possible I had surgery 18months ago and I have lost 95lbs. I was so glad I heard about this and never look back. I feel so much better. I have a little was to go but I plug away at it everyday. Good luck and stay positive.

Hey Schwabie

That's GREAT!!!!! Congratulations!! How long has it taken you to lose 95 pounds?

Keep up the good work!

It sure is possible. I have lost 124 pounds and only have 11 to go. When you set your mind to it and you work with your band and exercise, the sky is your limit. You can do it...keep a positive attitude and you'll be there before you know it. I never in a million years thought that I would be smaller than I was in high school and here I am!!! Good luck to everyone.

Oh my gosh!! Wow, see stories like yours give so much hope to some of us who want to do this, but are sort of nervous. I am really excited about having it done, because never in my life have I ever had a flat stomach.. Well, I think when I was 4 or 5. But I was too little to enjoy it. :unsure: But, I just can't wait!! Congrats on your weight loss. that is terrific!!

I can understand that you will be nervous. I was too but I just kept thinking about how much better my life will be after losing the weight. I haven't posted in the before and after thread in a long time, but here is a peak at what I used to look like and what I look like now...

post-217635-1381313756547_thumb.jpg

post-217635-13813137565631_thumb.jpg

post-217635-13813137565806_thumb.jpg

post-217635-13813137566216_thumb.jpg

Hi Tina,

Wow, how gorgeous!! You have come a long way baby!! What's you holdin' in that last picture with the bottle? Heehee. That is really awesome!! I can definitely tell your confidence went up with the weight loss as well. How long has it been since you have been banded?

Lookin' fantastic!!

Thanks so much and you're right...I do have so much more confidence now and I'm loving every minute of it. I was banded on April 30, 2007, by April 30, 2008 I was down 100 pounds. The bottle in my hand...Smirnoff Ice Light...I drink that and Mike's Hard Cranberry Lemonaide Light (that's a mouth-full).

Good morning Ladies,

Nice to see this thread...when I am banded I think I'll still be in the 100 lbs to lose class. I started working out again because I want to be healthier when I get my band (hopefully soon), and to get an exercise habit so I won't stop after I get my band.

You have given me renewed hope for reaching my goal...thank you all so much!:unsure:

Wow, Tina! That is amazing!!! I am sooooo looking forward to having this done. I used to like Smirnoff triple black, but haven't had any of that in a long, long time. Does the carbonation bother you at all? This is going to be one of the hard things for me is not having anything carbonated. And not being able to drink anything when eating. I know I will get used to it though. I guess I should try and start making some changes now before I have it done.

Hi Rose!!

Yes, it is great to see people that have lost a good deal of weight. I just can't wait until it's my turn. I noticed on your signature line you had a bad experience at your support group. What happened? I haven't gone to one yet, but I have to.

I don't drink carbonation. Smirnoff and Mike's Hard Lemonade don't really have carbonation and if so, it's just a small amount. I have not had a beer or soft drink since surgery. I was taking no chances. In fact, before I open the Mike's Hard Lemonade I shake it a bit to get the cranberry mixed up pretty good. You should try it...it's only 97 calories compared to 230 calories for a regular Smirnoff.

Before surgery I was also worried about not drinking during meals but it is so easy to get used to. In fact, for me, if I drink while eating, it kind of hurts. Once I get full I can't put anything on top of it or it will hurt, including Water. If you get something stuck, that's the last thing that you want to do, drink something.

You guys can all do it. If I can do it, anyone can. I wish you all so much luck. I can't wait to hear that you have gotten to your goal. I'm hoping to get to mine by the end of the month. It's going to be a lot of hard work but I really want to see 140 on those scales.

AWESOME!!!!! and I am soo inspired....scheduled go be banded at NYU on 9/16/08

Hi Everyone!!!

After a three month journey, I am scheduled to be banded atj NYU on 9/16/08. It is trully a wonderful and scary prospect. I believe that my life is starting over and that I will finally be able to shed the obesity nightmare that I and so many of us have been living with. I am so INSPIRED by the stories of weight loss. I too want to lose about 130 pounds and reach my high school weight of 130 or LOWER. When I tell others that they look at me in disbelief, but why not???

After so many years of dealing with the depression, humiliation, and sheer exhaustion that being obese involves why not aim for the highest and best goal?

I am scared of letting go of some foods that I love, but I know that at the end of the day, getting slim and healthy will be soooooo well worth it. I appreciate any and all support as I embark on this journey.

I am so grateful that you are all out there.

pre-op diet weight/current weight/goal weight

261/257/130

Judiboo, it is very doable! I have two friends (not on this forum) that were banded and both of them have lost over 100 lbs. It took one a year and the other about a year and 2 months. One is at goal and the other was like 345 when she started, but she's almost 6 foot, so she wants to get to like 185 as her goal. And as you see on this forum, there are hundreds more who have lost over 100 lbs. There is a thread somewhere with everybody's running totals of people who have lost over 100.

I worried too.. I thought I was going to lose 30 lbs and stop losing, but I'm coming close to 60 lbs now and my whole life has changed. Man, it feels good not being scared to sit in chairs or having my hip dig into the side of the car door when I drive. Things like this. I have never regretted my decision.

Good luck!