Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Yeah, I know, crazy title. My husband and I took our youngest son to Football practice last night. While my husband stayed on the field to watch him practice I decided to walk the track. So, I take off and about 20 or 30 minutes, I was back where I started from. I had walked a mile for the first time since I was a teenager. I walked over to where Mark (my husband) had sit up our chairs and sat down with sweat running down my entire face. Now, our sons practice lasts for 2 hours. I decided that after a short rest, I'd try to walk the track again. I did, I walked it again. So, I walked 2 miles last night. That is the exctied part.

The pain part. Well, when we got home I noticed both my heals were hurting some. I didn't really think about of it cause I put it off on not walking for a while or it being my shoes. I got up with my husband this morning as he left for work. Sat up on the side of the bed, put my left foot on the floor, it didn't hurt one bit, put my right foot down on the floor and just about fell. The pain in my right heal is horrible. I'm not sure what it is all I know, is that it hurts. It usally takes me about 4 seconds to get to the bathroom from our bedroom. This morning I know it took atleast 1 1/2 minutes to get there.

Anyone have any ideas as of what could be going on with my right heal?

2 points to this story, 1. My right heal is hurting me more than my port area did right after surgery. 2. Even with the pain I am feeling when I have to walk, I am so excited about what I did last night. I WALKED MY FIRST 2 MILES SINCE I HAD MY SURGERY AND SINCE BEFORE I GOT PREGNANT WITH MY FIRST CHILD!!!!!

Excellent; and you've every right to be excited. The pain? You've probably just strained something. With my weight, I always strain something in one of my feet a couple of times a year and it makes walking almost impossible for a week, or so. In my case, it feels like I've broken something on the top of my foot, as opposed to my heel.

Just rest up until it heals (no pun!) with lots of anti-inflamatory painkillers, IBUPROFIN, or something similar.

Did you have on a good pair of shoes?

Well, I thought I did. I bought some just the other day for the sole purpose of walking. I bought a pair of CHICKS. I think I am going to go this weekend and buy me a pair of Nike Shocks. They are about the only kind I have been able to wear that didn't mess with my feet.

Nike Shox are GREAT for walking. I work in a warehouse and that is all I do all day is walk and I have Nike Shox and I dont have a problem with my feet no more. Also Go to tradekicks.com. This is where I ordered mine and they are so much cheaper and you get them in about 3 days.

Hi Sassymama,

The heal pain could also be plantar fascitis. This is a big word for heal spur which is a stretching out of the ligaments and tendons that run from your calf to the heal. Good shoes, stretching ( very specific for this ailment look on the internet) and anti inflammatory pain med are usually all you need. Hey but keep walking because it will definately help. Every little bit counts. I am also a football mom and I walk while he practices. It seems to be getting easier. Hope this helps...

Yeah, I know, crazy title. My husband and I took our youngest son to Football practice last night. While my husband stayed on the field to watch him practice I decided to walk the track. So, I take off and about 20 or 30 minutes, I was back where I started from. I had walked a mile for the first time since I was a teenager. I walked over to where Mark (my husband) had sit up our chairs and sat down with sweat running down my entire face. Now, our sons practice lasts for 2 hours. I decided that after a short rest, I'd try to walk the track again. I did, I walked it again. So, I walked 2 miles last night. That is the exctied part.

The pain part. Well, when we got home I noticed both my heals were hurting some. I didn't really think about of it cause I put it off on not walking for a while or it being my shoes. I got up with my husband this morning as he left for work. Sat up on the side of the bed, put my left foot on the floor, it didn't hurt one bit, put my right foot down on the floor and just about fell. The pain in my right heal is horrible. I'm not sure what it is all I know, is that it hurts. It usally takes me about 4 seconds to get to the bathroom from our bedroom. This morning I know it took atleast 1 1/2 minutes to get there.

Anyone have any ideas as of what could be going on with my right heal?

2 points to this story, 1. My right heal is hurting me more than my port area did right after surgery. 2. Even with the pain I am feeling when I have to walk, I am so excited about what I did last night. I WALKED MY FIRST 2 MILES SINCE I HAD MY SURGERY AND SINCE BEFORE I GOT PREGNANT WITH MY FIRST CHILD!!!!!

First of all, Congratulations on the walking. Walking will really jumpstart your toning and move the weight loss along.

Now to your foot. It sounds like a heel spur. I had one several years ago. They are extremely painful, especially in the morning. How it was explained to me is that I had irritated the area around the spur so it was inflamed and causing pain. You need to find a good podiatrist and follow his/her advice on how to break the pain cycle. There are exercises you can do and he my suggest anti-inflamitory medication or cortozone shots. It is probably not something you want to let go. The good news is, if this is what is going on, it is very treatable. Mine aren't bothering me at all now and I walk several miles a day. Hang in there!

Well, I thought I did. I bought some just the other day for the sole purpose of walking. I bought a pair of CHICKS. I think I am going to go this weekend and buy me a pair of Nike Shocks. They are about the only kind I have been able to wear that didn't mess with my feet.

Another great shoe for walking is New balance I won't buy any other shoe, I had a hard time walkingin the mornings too but due to this weight bought Nike, skeetchers, all kinds and didn't help however when I started wearing NB my back and feet never hurt again. I say get a good shoe your comfortable with GOOD LUCK!!!

Just got back from the Doctors office. Seems all that walking last night caused an inflamation in the tissues of my heal. I told him that since I have the lapband now I was advised to say "NO" to NSAIDS. So my doctor had to call my surgeon and finally got to talk to him. I was given 3 medications, celebrax which is an "NSAID" and 2 other stomach meds. to prevent me from getting an ulcer. Apparently that is why after having these kinds of surgries you aren't suppose to take NSAIDS. I drive all the way to the drug store wait for them to feel the 3 meds for me only to find out that 1 wasn't approved by the insurance, the other was gonna cost because the insurance only paid some of it and the only one they paid totally for, was the Celebrax (THE NSAIDS)...LOL imagine that.

We are running really short on cash right now and I don't have the extra to pay spend out right now. So, now I am looking for some advice on what to do to comfort the pain. I know that I can get some insoles and I think I have a pair laying around here somewhere, but getting around right now is really painful so I am going to have to wait for my hubby to get home from work. I have some liquid pain medicine left over from the surgery so I think I will take half a dose of that in a few minutes and hope it dont put me to sleep cause all 4 of my kids will be home in about 3 hours.