Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

need your help on ticker

Hi, I was banded a week ago and I am so happy and hopeful. Today I weighed myself for the first time. I had no idea what to expect. I lost

12 &1/2 lbs in a week! I am thrilled. I realize this will undoubtedly be my biggest leap and that's fine. It is a great jump-start.

I need help with my ticker.:thumbup: I went to tickerfactory .com and created it but I can't figure out how to get it to this website. Any and all guidance is appreciated.

Thanks, and my best to all banders, Barbara:thumbup:

Hi Trubleu!

That is very exciting. I will be banded this Friday, and I can't wait. I hope I have an incredible first week as you have had!

Best of luck too you and me on our new Journey in Life!

at the bottom of the page where you made the ticker is a link to copy. so you would copy it there and paste it here but I've never done it, so I'm gonna try now. I figure I should get mine ready cause my surgery date is next Wed. WELL its not showing up so maybe it will after I hit submit. It didn't work so I'll be watching for a response from someone who knows what their doing Soory I couldn't help. so somebody help us both Please!

http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wtJh1wu/weight.png

Edited by amy633
I wanted to say more

I found this on a different thread apparently were not the only ones whos had trouble with this

How to set up your ticker:

1. Go to www.tickerfactory.com

2. Click on weight loss link

3. Select a ticker ruler you like by clicking the option button next to the one you choose and then click NEXT

4. Choose a ticker slider you like by clicking the option button next to your choice and then click NEXT

5. Configure your weight tracker by entering you info and the click NEXT

6. You will see a message on the screen that says Done! Your Ticket URL is: (and then there will be a long string of text starting with http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/.....

7. Click your mouse at the beginning of this text (starting with the h in http:) and drag over the entire line of text. (make sure you highlight the entire line (URL)

8. Press Ctrl+C (hold these keys down at the same time) to copy the text you have highlighted

9. Go back to www.lapbandtalk.com and click the UserCP link

10. Click the link titled Edit Signature

11. Scroll down to the text box titled edit signature and place your cursor where you want your ticker to go

12. Click the icon called insert image - this is the one that is yellow with the two little mountains and sun on it

13. A window will pop up telling you to enter the URL of the image

14. Press Ctrl+V (hold these keys down at the same time) to paste the text you copied in step 8 above into this field.

15. Click ok and you're done! Your ticker should magically appear.

16. Click save signature and you're done - you can update it as often as you want by going to user CP, click on your current ticker and press delete - then repeat these steps to re-add.

It took me 3 weeks to figure this tickler out, but go to tickerfactory.com choose your favorite path way, then your marker, fill in the information needed with a passwork that you can remember, go down to CODE BBwith your mouse drag the mouse to highlight entire box, then you right click on your mouse, a box will come up and you left click:tt2: COPY, then go back to lapbandtalk, on the right side of the screen click on EDIT PROFILE, then on the left side click on EDIT SIGNATURE, then you will see the Code bb box that you highlighted, put your mouse on the box with that information and right click your mouse, you will see PASTE, then left click on that, go down to VIEW SIGNATURE, click on that and the ticker should be there. then you want to click on SAVE SIGNATURE. WHEW IT'S A TRICKY ONE. hope this helps.

bradley18:tt2::biggrin:

I followed your instr. but after I copy on the ticker site and come over to here I go to edit sig. and I can't find anything that says BBcode. what i do see is 1-Preview then 2-Edit sig. and at the bottom 3-signature picture and under 3- option 1 or option 2. I tried pasteing everywhere. OK I see its working, whatever I did worked.

weight.png

Edited by amy633
to say more

Basically, you copy the WHOLE Box (not just the first half, but the whole text of information, from the first "url to the last "url) like he said out of the bbCode section from the weightloss ticker site once you've chosen your ticker and everything. Then you come to the "edit signature" under the USERCP tab in the LapBand website and paste the whole thing where ever you want it in the box, and save it. It may take a couple times to do it and it may tell you you've exceeded some characters if you have some other words on there, but keep trying and you'll get it! It's a lot simpler than it seems. I hope that helps! Be Blessed!

I lost my ticker so i'm posting to see if I fixed it