Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm so ashamed, I need a pep talk!!

Hi everybody. I haven't been on in a while. I lost my job due to lay offs a few months ago, and just got a new one last week. Well, during my unemployment, I was so miserable and depressed, worrying about money, that I ATE and ATE and ATE. Couple that with getting a big unfill due to extreme tightness right before my lay off, I have gained 20lbs. I kept telling myself I'd go to the doc when I had money coming in again and then kept putting it off because I was ashamed to go to my doc and have him see I'd gained weight. I can pretty much eat anything I want because I'm so loose. I have an appt tomorrow to get a fill, and I'm just going to die of embarassment. I hate feeling like this. I'm going to be so ashamed when Dr Spivak sees me.

He's your doc, not your conscience! Life gets in the way. You have a disease he is helping treat. If he judges you, shame on him. He's there to help you. You'll be fine!

Don't beat yourself up that will only make it worse. Just make the decision that today is a new day and you are going to get back on track.

I wish you the best of luck.

NEVER be ashamed to tell your Doc anything......you have had a lot happen to you that was out of your control and if he is rude or nonsupportive, I would not like him very much! You KNOW he's required to fuss a bit but there is a NICE way to do it! He should know that too! Best of luck to you!

Joy

Edited by Joy1
sp.

Dr Spivak has always been the sweetest thing, I'm not worried about him being mean or anything, I just feel like I let him and myself and my family down. I know I'm being stupid, I just can't help it. It's so hard feeling like I've lost some of the ground I've made, but you guys are right, I need to suck it up and get back on the horse! Thanks for all the words of encouragement :thumbup:

Brandyk,

First can I start off by saying look how well you have done. You have lost 45 pounds, that is AWESOME!!!!! We are all human, we all have little slips, just get back on track. Don't beat yourself up. The band is a tool and you just put it away for a while. Get it filled back up and start using it again. You can do it, just look at how well you did before your slip. Best of luck to you, keep up the good work.

Don't beat yourself up over it. Consider it a lesson learned and remember, quitting involves never getting back on the "horse" to ride it again. You certainly do not sound like a quitter in my book.

BrandyK,

Everyone else here is right and I can tell you first hand I know exactly how you feel. I had lost 65lbs and was also off work and depressed for 2 months and gained like 10lbs and ashamed is not even the word. Thing is we are way harder on ourselves than anyone else is but I went I got my fill and am back on track as will you be as soon as you leave the Dr.'s office. Love yourself and be proud about every accomplishment you make you are going to go all the way!!!!!

Heather

Brandy, Make tomorrow a new start and resolve to do something good for yourself every day! Even if it is just taking Vitamins or drinking Water. You've had alot of success so you can do it!! Just don't beat yourself up over it, it won't lead to the scale moving faster. If that was the case, I'd have been skinny and never needed the band:)

Hope all went well with your fill! I'm sure I may be in your shoes one day.....hey!.....we all could be. Congrats. on going and getting your new start!

Joy